Sams Diary - Back on SS

well done!
thats a great loss of inches all around! i did mine yesterday (as i'm starting week 9 i think)...
and it came to 16 inches off as well. i dont know how accurate i've been, but still...its good to see AND feel the changes isnt it??

congratulations again, sam!
do you have a particular weight loss goal for this next weigh in, btw?

Day 63

Just back from weigh in. Only down 1lb this week :cry: so still not quite got that 3 stone off.

Im really disappointed but then I have just switched to 790, and it is totm so I can perhaps hope for better next week. I told my cdc that I had switched to 790 and she said she wouldnt have advised me to do that, but my response was that its better for my psychologically to do a higher plan and stick to it, than to pretend to be doing a lower plan. I'm going to stick with 790 anyway and I am definitely going to get back to the gym this week as with the 790 meal I am finding that I have a little more energy.

I definitely need to make more effort with the water as well. Most days I am doing about 3 litres, but I should really do 4.

Right then. Off to update my ticker etc...

Hi Sam im sorry your not happy with loss but it is probably defintaly down to totm, When on my totm only tiny loss for me too. I think you have done right thing moving to 790 if it stops picking. I too thinking about this but dont know how to tell my cdc as i dont want her to be dissapointed in me. You will defintaly have better loss next week and will probably pass that 3st mark!! Have a good week:)

oh dear sam! i know that you are beating yourself up over your weigh in results. sweetie, its 1 lb off! not on! which would be worse for you? mentally, i mean. i know which one would be worth beating myself up over..yes, gaining instead of losing just one pound.

plus you just started 790. AND totm?!?!? its ok. we cant expect fab results each week. after totm, you will be fine!

Day 64

Oh boy, I am really struggling.

I only lost 1lb this week however it is totm and I have switched to 790 as I couldnt cope with SS. I was constantly picking on SS so I moved to 790 and have stuck to it religiously. It is so demotivating to only lose 1lb after trying so hard. I know that everyone will tell me its still a loss and to be happy about it, but the end just seems so far away and Im not sure Im strong enough to cope for another 4 months.

All I wanted to do yesterday was pig out. I didnt, but I had to wrestle myself away from the fridge and cupboards several times. I made myself cry because I wanted food so bad but I want to be slim so desperately.

I am really feeling down at the minute. Im not the kind of person that usually feels sorry for myself but I just cant seem to snap out of it.

I dont know what to do about the diet. SS is just too hard for me at the minute and there is no point pretending that I am SS'ing but constantly grazing on chicken and ham. I expected to still have decent losses on 790, but 1lb is not decent considering how little calories I am consuming. I have contemplated switching to SW which I know is crazy as I have never succeeded with any "normal" diet before.

Someone help me please. I dont want to undo all the hard work I have put in already, but the road ahead seems so long..

Sorry, moan over.

oh god. Im finding this so difficult. Im feeling really weird, dont know how to describe the feeling - its as if Im obsessed about eating. Ive been crying all morning because I want to eat - not a binge, just something "normal" like a bowl of cornflakes or a sandwich.... the problem is that I know if I try to lose my weight with healthy eating it wont be long till ive put it all back on.

Im so upset. Ive never felt this down ever.

sweetie, i think you should leave the house...like now! pack up the kids and go to the park or...err...the library. dont go any place with shops where you can buy food, etc.

just go for a couple hours. maybe ask the hubby/partner to prepare dinner tonight instead since you are having the crazy urges today...

i'm thinking of you hun.

aww sam.

u have done so well. dont spoil it. go find a good distraction right now! reading or bubble bath or go out. have ur 790 meal early if u need to and drink some extra water. its not worth messing up all the fantastic work u have done.

if u cheat u will feel awful. replace thoughts of food with thoughts of how u r gonna feel if u eat. i ate lastnight and really wasnt worth it. this is just a temporary feeling so push thru it hun. good luck xxxx

THanks Dis and Karen. Your support means a lot.

Karen I just had a peep in your diary and saw what you ate last night! bad girl! I feel a whole lot better now.

Well I went to try and have a sleep but instead of sleeping, Ive spent an hour in bed thinking of all the reasons I have to lose weight. I think I am feeling so rough as totm is so heavy and making me feel drained, that combined with kids of school wearing me out, and worrying about the next 4 stone I need to lose has just got me feeling sorry for myself. I have realised that no one can do the diet for me, and i am bound to have off days but that doesnt mean I have to stop the diet.

So I am going to try to stop beating myself up and just do my best. I will aim for half a stone at a time and keep plodding on.

Thanks for being there Dis. Your PM this morning meant a lot to me.
xxx

:eek: yeah it was rather a lot, wasnt it??

glad u didnt buckle :D

Hey sam i hope you are feeling better, good idea is too break it down into small bits like you told me to. you have done brilliantley and i know you can, i do feel for you though as i am on totm too and feel a bit crap too i am also thinking of food so im going to have a savoury drink. I do hope you feel better, keep going :)

Day 65

Well, after all the moaning and wingeing yesterday, I actually managed my first SS day for a while. to be honest though, i know that if I did have a 790 meal yesterday it would have turned into a binge, so I had 3 packs, plus 2 cups of marigold, plus loads of coffee and about 3+ litres of water.

Im really sorry for being such a moaner yesterday. thanks so much for those of you who popped in to tell me not to give up.

I have to do this. I have to get rid of this fat once and for all. CD is the only thing that works for me and switching to something else while I still have so much to lose is not an option.

TMI now, but my period this month has given me so much pain. I have never had a period this heavy, ever. I had 2 paracetamol, followed by another 2 an hour and 15 mins later and still no relief from the pain. It really was horrendous, like labour pains, and so much blood.... Ive never known anything like it.

THat was probably a big part of why I felt so down yesterday. I really need to remember how much totm affects my mood and try to remember that this time next month when I am ready to jack it in again. Its funny though as I didnt get horrid pmt symptoms before CD.

So anyway. Today is a new day. I am going to try and treat today as day 1 and try to remember how determined and strong I was on day 1. That should hopefully get me through the day. Once I have another couple of good days under my belt I know I will feel better.

I am still going to try to get to 14 stone by my birthday. Its less than 4 weeks now, but if I stay strong I should be able to do it.

Dis, thanks for sorting out the christmas thread for me. You are a star!

wow! what a turn around! i had my fingers crossed that you'd overcome your doubts. and double wow! for doing a SS day. ((btw, whats marigold?!?!)) i've seen others mention the word/product but i havent a clue what it is.

i only have a second to write so wanted to say good morning and see how you were. also im empathising with you on the totm issues. sorry its causing so much trouble. perhaps its linked to how you were feeling yesterday? hmm who can say. the important point is that you are feeling better about it all today. like you said: IT HAS TO WORK! you want all the fat/excess gone for good.

on that note, tesco delivery truck just pulled into the drive...barely missing the gate! egad! ok gotta run. take care and i'll be back later!

hiya hun! i see you are having difficulties over there. ;)
where are you trying to attach them? as your avatar or as a journal entry? or if perhaps you wanna post your progress pics on the before/after thread??
heheh

you are so brave for wanting to post anything. if you do, i think i just might have to mimic you and post me so far. ((mind you, if theres much diff, visually. hehehe))

as far as posting pics, you should find Mini (she's always posting pics for others on B&A thread). she will help you if you still need it later.

oOOOoo i cant wait to see!

Back