Sams Diary - Back on SS

argh... have fallen Im afraid. Was stuck in a meeting from 10am - 3pm and didnt have any packs with me as I only expected meeting to last a couple of hours. Have had KFC *hangs head in shame* I did take the coating off and didnt have any chips or anything but Im sure it will have delayed ketosis... why is it so much harder second time around??

Hi Sam

I don't know the answer but I agree! It is harder. I'm just trying to get my act together and get going again after a bad week.

Well done resisting all the bad bits of the KFC though, it could have been much worse, the coating and the chips are definitely worse than the chicken! Hopefully it won't delay you getting into Ketosis.

Good luck :)

Good Luck Sam!
The KFC was a blip that you can get over, you've done it before and you can certainly do it again. Just think of the lovely clothes that you can go shopping for in the January Sales, that'll make even the scrummiest burger/chicken wing/or other non-CD morsel, taste no better than your warm glass of water.

Try to drink more water though Sam, hot/warm water can actually taste really good when you get used to it, and, healthwise, it is soooo much better for you than cold water. If you still can't stomach plain warm water, gets some peppermint tea or some oolong or green tea. That'll be much better for you than too much coffee which will only help to make you even more dehydrated and overload your liver and kidneys with toxins.

Hope you're doing OK and really don't beat yourself up over that little blip, you have come so far already and we all live and learn.

Hi Sam You are doing brilliantly to get back into cd. I have been off myself for a few months now and although i dont post very much i do like to keep up with everyones progress. You have just inspired me to have another go at cd myself. I have only put on 3lb in the few months i have been off but i still have 4 and half stone to lose so i think i will to have another go. Good luck sam you have done brilliantly. :)

well done toothfairy. I think we originally started CD at about the same time. good luck with your restart. Perhaps we can keep each other going.

Ive only got enough packs to last a few days now but will try to limit the damage over the xmas period. I am going to go for it properly from 27th December and get to target asap so I can apply to become a CDC.

hello hello!! ive been trying to catch up on your posts.((well, everyones posts, really))

i agree with the others. you shouldnt beat yourself up so much over the kfc. and i think although it isnt ideal for those on CD, you had no other choices but you made do the best way possible: having the meat only. i know its full of fat...but at least you have ellimunated the carb and other excess fatty bits. you will recover just fine, i know ya will. you always have!

im pleased to see you giving it another go, though!

i do hope you are doing well, otherwise !!!

well, hello dear diary. Sorry I have neglected you but have been far too busy stuffing my face to come on here and update.

well, to be fair, I did restart on 27/12 as planned and lasted for a whole 36 hours before some trifle fell into my mouth and I havent stopped eating crap since. This is a really busy time at work and so I have been on the road or in customers homes since 27/12 and have been offered no end of christmas treats, plus had a maccy D's on thursday between appointments..

I am definitely going for a restart on 1st Jan now. I know i keep saying it but Ive got to do it this time. My skin looks crap, Ive got no energy, my size 16 clothes are feeling tight again, and I havent any bigger ones as Ive got rid of them all as I lost the weight, so i HAVE to do this.

Good luck for the 1st Sam, you can do it, you've come so far already.New year, new start! :)

hi sam i restart on the 8th so we can spur each other on
good luck
xx

happy new year sam!!!!!
i have plenty of neglect and stuffing my face drama to mention but i'll save it for my diary...that is, if i can find it! ((its been like 3 weeks for me as well...)) :whoopass:

i will say that i'm sooo very pleased to hear you are giving it another go!! ((a little jealous, mind you, but hey i'm trying for a baby, i know i know i know!))
its like when my mom phones me every monday. i know she's going to tell me what weight she's down to. and she's not far from passing me up! i know its not a competition. and i'm nothing but happy and so thrilled for her to be in better health. i just have to keep reminding myself that i can always restart after i stop boob-feeding.

errr...i guess i'll have to get pregnant first, before worrying about that, eh? hehehe ((so to answer your question: nothing yet! but im in my prime ovulation time this week , allegedly, so fingers crossed!))

have you thought of re-introducing your goals and motivation, as though you are doing the diet for the first time ever? perhaps reevaluating why youre doing this...or even restarting your loss ticker may help. ((set it to zero as though its a totally new start...)) only suggestions to help psyche out your mind.

anyways, i should get going. i have alot of catching up to do and plenty to post in others' diaries. i do hope you had a loverly xmas and new years evening.

will chat with you soon!
xoxoxo

got the first day under my belt OK. No problems really as I was not working, but back to a full day of appointments today so will have to concentrate on drinking the water between appts. Forgot to reset ticker etc yesterday but after Dis reminded me to do it I have done it this morning.

REstart weight 14st 9 which could have been a lot worse considering the crap I have been eating. I know that if I am totally focused I could be as low as 14st this time next week. Hope everyone elses restart went OK.

Way to go on passing day 1!
i know its a hard thing to overcome, well...most of us do, really!
just focus on how much you wil lose this first week!

((im so anxious to hear what the result will be))

well Ive completed the first two days and am feeling pretty pleased with myself. Im feeling really strong like I did when I first started the diet back in June 07. Maybe thats because Ive reread my diary and its reminded me of my journey and that I know the diet works.

Ive had a sneaky peek at the scales and am 2lb down already! Dont think I will be in ketosis yet with the carbs I ate on new years eve but dont have any sticks to test. Have a mild headache this morning but dont know if thats ketosis on its way or if its related to the cold Ive got...

I have taken my measurements this morning. Probably should have done it on NYD as I might have shrunk a little bit already I suppose. ANyway, here they are

Bust 45
Waist 37
Hips 47
Thighs 27

While that is still mahoosive, Ive jsut looked at the first post on my diary where my waist was 45" so that again has reminded me how far I have come already.

I need to stay strong. I need to do this. Heres hoping that day 3 is plain sailing...

Well done Sam, we can do this. Good idea re-reading your diary and you are sounding very positive this time too.

Keep it up....Day 3 Bring it on ;0)

well doen sam i officially start back on the 8th but had a few packs given to me so started back yesterday
im struggled but today i`m much more upbeat and looking forward to a skinny summer
xx

thank you for your support HM and Kaz.

I think the K fairy is finally with me! I have that horrid taste in my mouth and my headache has gone. I do hope ketosis is here as I struggled with the hunger again last night and had a 4th pack. I know its not the end of the world but Im really going to try to stick to 3 packs today because for one thing I cant afford to do 4 packs a day.

Did really well on the water yesterday, just under 4 litres. I find it much easier when I am at home and Im not working again today so hoping for another 4L. The scales are showing 3lb down so far so Im happy with that.

not got much planned today so will probably spend loads of time on minis again.

Sam, just a thought, if you need the 4th pack which is the best option for you try to halve it. You will only be using 1 pack for 2 days OR have some tetras and halve the choc one and fill up with hot water for the hot choclate.

This will help stretch them out but only if really need it. Try and do 3 tho.

thanks HM, dont know why I didnt think of that! I should be on 3 packs a day as im 5ft 7 and managed perfectly well on 3 packs last time, but have really struggled with the hunger this time (prob all the crap ive eaten over xmas)

Im hoping that now ketosis is here I can manage on the 3 packs but will take your advice if I feel I need the extra. xx

Back