Sam's Diet Journal 2008

Well my sister is coming over from Holland in a couple of weeks for my Mums birthday. So I would like to have passed the 1.5 stone mark for then, which should be achievable.

I'm getting rid of my clothes that I have slimmed out of, so that I don't have the safety net of having them around. It will be too easy to slip back into them again!

well there you go. think about the look on their faces when they see you!! think about it every time you want to give up and hopefully it will help you get to where you want to be :)

abz xx

Week 9 - Day 3 (Sunday)

I have taken myself in hand and given myself a good talking to. This has resulted in two perfect diet days.

Today I have complete 2+hours on the Wii Fit and walked the dog. The eating is good too, so I am hoping that I have turned a corner.

I did hop on the scales this morning and it seems to be moving in the right direction so all in all a productive couple of days.

DH is doing a stint of 9 nights, starting Monday, so I am going to have to keep myself busy and distracted from eating etc.

Roll on Friday for weigh-in day!

sounds like you're picking yourself up sam. go for it!! you are quarter of the way there already!! that's a huge achievement. what are you planning on doing to keep your evenings busy?

abz xx

Abz - I feel totally back on it again now, and it is a tremendous relief to be back in control. I felt it was becoming the usual roller-coaster ride of eat, eat, eat!

Re keeping busy in the evenings. I have loads to do, cleaning, tidying and putting stock away, and placing more orders, so I'm going to get my jobs done, and do the exercise too - it should keep me occupied, not foregetting my Big Brother fix each night.

How are you doing with yours?

not bad at all. when i weighed myself this morning i was 2lbs down so hopefully by tomorrow i'll have made it three if i'm very very good today, ha. is there any other kind of good on cd? so i'm here with a black coffee, trying to nurse my brain into being. i'm sooooo tired...

abz xx

Ha, so you're scale hopping too.

I had to have a look this morning, and I'm down to 15.4 making a loss of 23lbs - hopefully I can maintain and shift a bit more by Friday. It makes the 2 stone mark seem not so far away.

it really isn't far away hon!! and is far better than i'm doing, ha. i weigh myself and record it every morning. i like knowing how i'm doing and what effects what i eat and drink has on my weight daily... hopefully this will continue, ha.

abz xx

Abz - we must both like torturing ourselves!

Week 9, Day 5 (Tuesday

Well I am suffering today from all the exercise I have done recently.

:wow:I have discovered that I do actually have muscles in my stomach as they are aching big time! My legs are also aware that I have been exercising, so I guess that fact that I can feel a difference means that I must be doing something right.

The diet is still on track so fingers crossed for Friday weigh-in!

Abz - just noticed your ticker. So you went for the 2lb option?

i did yeah. i figured that if i had lost more really then it would show up on next week's weigh in. i didn't want to end up next week's hardly moving at all if that makes sense? so i'm a bit disappointed but it's still going down :)

abz xx

I think the key is to always look at the positive side. That's why I refused to weigh myself last Friday as I knew I would be disappointed. It's all in the mind...

First Day of Week 10 - Weigh-in Day - Friday

Well it was worth the effort. This week I have lost a massive 6lbs (now weighing 15:3), taking my total loss in nine weeks to 24lbs, so only another 4lbs to go to meet my next mini target, which should be achievable in the next fortnight. I am so looking forward to being 14 stone something!

I'm so pleased with myself about this loss, as I really had to pick myself up and get back on track - it all seems very worth while.

Last night I had a session of going through clothes in the bottom of the wardrobe which were previously too small. So now I have a few different things to wear which is a relief!

wow sam!! that's brilliant :D my weight loss seems to have really slowed down and i have a weekend of salad ahead of me as i'm staying with family and doing cd when i haven't seen them for 8 months seems a bit naff on the social side of things so i said i could have low carb salad. we'll see how i go on that. hopefully it won't be too detrimental...

i'm off for the weekend in a bit so have a fab one. and well done again :)

abz xx

Abz - hope the weekend with your folks go ok:) Catch you next week.

Week 10 - Day 2

Today I feel deflated. I don't know why I should feel like this, I just do. It's wet and very windy here today, so perhaps that is having an effect on me:(

I can't seem to motivate myself to do anything. All I want to do is sleep, even though I had a good sleep last night - it's all very strange.

The eating side is in control, but I have a feeling with this mood it would be very easy to slip so I'm going to have to be strict with myself.

I'm going to go and have that sleep - perhaps I'll feel more positive when I wake up.

Catch you later.

~~~

A few hours of sleep and I still feel the same, so I sit here typing this waiting for the dye to set in my hair. I'm hoping that by covering the grey I will feel youthful and motivated...well I can dream!

Last edited:
hey sam. are you feeling better today? do you feel young and motivated? i'm feeling gloomy today too. it's my weigh in day tomorrow. had a peek this morning and i've lost 1/2 a sodding lb so far. am hoping that i will get a sudden whoosh before morning. i could eat all day and lose more than that!! bloomin' cambridge, ha. ah well. we'll see what happens.

hope the day is more chirpy for you today hon.

abz xx

Hi Abz - yes, I'm feeling better thanks:) Had a good day yesterday with lots of exercise and good eating so feel positive for the week.

So how was the weekend with your folks? How did you cope with the food aspect? Manage to sneak in any shakes?

Back