Sam's Diet Journal 2008

Funny how we're both struggling to hit the 2 stone mark!

hey sam. well this morning all the water weight i gained has gone. so i now have a two day race to the finish line to have lost something for my weigh in!! monday evening, a day early!! ha. i am hoping that if i keep glugging the water then it could be a lb or two... i hope so!!

abz xx

Abz - I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

ha. well i'm 1/4 heavier than i was at my weigh in last week according to my scales. maybe something amazing will happen over the course of today although i highly doubt it :) I have asked my cdc if she still wants me to go in because personally I don't think there's much point, ha. I do have a few questions for her about the 1000 plan i'm supposed to be moving onto though, but i'm supposed to be going to step aerobics tonight so it's only going to be a run in, get weighed, blurt out questions and run back in thing in any case. might be easier to do it by email...

abz xx

Hi Abz - sorry for leaving you. It's been a pretty hectic week. No dieting but no binges either so I have stayed the same.

I seem to be evaluating my food requirements more than I used to so hopefully I have learnt something. How are you coping?

hi sam. i'm not doing too badly. i am showing a loss so far so hopefully for weigh in tomorrow evening i'll have lost something. then i'm off on my holidays for 2 weeks from saturday, although am coming off plan thursday evening to have a few drinks with my best mate before i go. something i haven't been able to do in a long time!!

hope i don't do too much damage :S

abz xx

I have my fingers crossed for you:)

Confession time ~ my diet is awol, but I am being positive about this and am fully back in control again, having had a weekend away.

Abz - how are you doing?

hey sam. i am still in denmark and feeling desperately fat. i can feel the weight piling on. my size 18s still fit so hopefully the damage isn't going to be too dramatic. with still a week to go i am trying to cut down but everything seems to be based around bread here. and with the gazillion birthday celebrations for thomas and the meals out for 'we haven't seen you in so long, we are taking you to an indian/chinese/brunch/something else really unhealthy restaurant it hasn't gone too well, ha. i don't think i dare weigh in as soon as i get back like i said i would. think i may have a week of desperate trying to undo the damage first... am going out to buy fizzy water today to try and get my water intake up as it has suffered massively. in fact i think i'm surviving all the late nights and early mornings on a combination of high caffeine and sugar content things... not so great... ha.

how's it going for you now you're back on track?

abz xx

Abz - no, I'm still not back on track yet, although I'm not actively dieting I am being careful with my intake so there hasn't been any increase which is something.

Enjoy the rest of your trip. At the end of the day, it is a holiday so enjoy yourself and get to grips when you get home.

i am trying to as getting to grips sure as hell doesn't seem to be working. although my body does seem to be actively rebelling against crappy food now which is a turn up for the books. i insisted that at a theme park we went to a proper restaurant and i had salmon and veg as the hotdog and chips the guys wanted to get made me feel really ill at the thought...

abz xx

I have lost the diet plot at the moment:(

I'm full of good intentions and then I lose my way. I can feel myself slipping into my old eating habits so I need to knock it on the head before damage is done, so I plan to get back into it ....starting today...I've only just decided upon this while typing, deleting my original Friday start day. So having made the decision I will be returning to diet mode and Wii Fit this evening:) It makes me feel quite positive having made the decision.

Abz - how are you doing?

well sam i put on about a stone in a couple of weeks. then i have spent a couple of days not managing to get back into gear. today is the day. i am officially on the cd 1000 plan but i think today i'm going to concentrate on eating the right foods first of all and then work on reducing the amounts. i will make the right sized evening meal because i don't want to get into the habit of stuffing myself, well, i'm already in that habit at the mo, but on cd i mean, but i'm eating fruit every time i want to nibble something so i'll probably have had too much of that by the end of the day but i'm not too worried about that. i'm not feeling great. rather sick and tired actually now my sugar levels are lower. i'm not going to weigh in for two weeks so hopefully i can shed at least a chunk of it before then...

abz xx

We're certainly not finding this easy going are we! Never mind, I guess we just need to tackle it head on.

indeed we do. today hasn't been too bad. i've had a bit of a bad head but have stuck with things. water consumption hasn't been great. only about a litre and plenty of coffee but hopefully that will have gone up to two by the end of the evening... feel like i've had shedloads of fruit but it's still within 1000 plan perameters. ha.

how is today going for you sam?

abz xx

I have lost the plot at the mo, although I do intend to get back into it asap. I am finding it difficult to be motivated, even though I try to imagine where and how I want to be etc:(

poor sam. you'll get there when your head is ready. you've done so well so far. just make sure you don't put any on!! you'll hate it!!

abz xx

Hi Abz - sorry for the absence. You are doing fantastically well. DH is starting hi pre-Australia regime on Monday (he goes for a month in Jan), so I am going to join the routine too, before too much damage is done.

just thought id pop in and say hello girls and wish you both luck with the continuing journey , im being sent to glasgow weight management so will see if that can help all my bad habits go away and stop haunting me

Back