Sander's Dukan Diary

IT was really funny -one of the ladies who didn't chat with me after church called me at home in the evening to tell me how lovely I looked, she said I looked at least 15 years younger. She has previously said I look 30, so either she was fibbing before or I now look 15 :) Of course, I'm 43.

IT was really funny -one of the ladies who didn't chat with me after church called me at home in the evening to tell me how lovely I looked, she said I looked at least 15 years younger. She has previously said I look 30, so either she was fibbing before or I now look 15 :) Of course, I'm 43.

Fabulous! Maybe you really do look 15 now! :D

OH yes, conveniently forgetting the exercise, water, and meal times - that sounds so familiar :->
Today I got about 2 hours of exercise and my joints are in pain. I drank my water today if I count all of the coffee, otherwise I'm probably a little short. I'm having a big cup of chamomile tea here before bed, so that should put me up to where I need to be. Today was a day where I felt like having snacks, so I had an extra jello and a yogurt. Hopefully it doesn't sabotage me, but I had such a desire for creamy things so I decided to give it another try.

Did my 2 mile walk this morning, only got a little winded at the top of the hill - definitely getting fitter. Started out the day with a gallette, will probably have tuna for lunch, shrimp for snack, and chicken curry for supper. Getting really tired of shrimp, so next week will have to change my snack option. Might be time to go back turkey, but that still doesn't sound good. Oh well, I have until Sunday to decide.

So I just posted my weight history as a series of 3 blog entries in the blog portion of this site - it was quite an exercise to go through all of that stuff and write it down, but in a way it felt really good to as well. I tried to set it up so that only forum members can read it - I don't want it to get picked up by search. I'm going to try and use the blog for my random ramblings and stick to Dukan subjects here.

So sore today! I have added 2 hours of badminton to my daily walk - mainly because its fun and I enjoy playing with my son and I don't care for video games :) Who knew such a relatively wimpy sport could result in so much stiffness. Even my incredibly fit soccer kid said his arm and shoulder was stiff - so he stretched and then dropped and did some push-ups and worked it out - But I beat him anyways! Old age and skill plus probably a bit of pity and underestimation on his part.

Food wise, I did fairly well, but skipped my snack so I overate at dinner. I had two servings of my chicken curry instead of just one. But it was delicious and Dukan friendly, so all though I may be slightly up do to salt late in the day, I hope to get a good weigh-in later today.

Plan for today (PP):
1) Walk
2) Gallette
3) Work
4) Lunch - Grilled salmon
5) Work
6) Snack - Roast beef strips with mustard
7) Weigh-in
8) Soccer practice
9) Dinner - Grilled chicken
10) Badminton or Farscape?
11) Sleep

Well, I lost 2 pounds last week- YAY! I didn't stick to yesterdays plan at all - but I didn't do too badly. My son got a last minute invite to go to a friends for the weekend. Having a bored teenager in the house in the summer is definitely a challenge, so he jumped at the opportunity to go elsewhere. However, this friend lives 180 miles away, so we had to put him on the train to get him there. This schedule change came at #5 in the days plan, so I went to my weigh-in, he skipped soccer practice, we ate dinner out, and got home too late to play badminton (and my husband didn't want to). But my husband and I have an unexpected kid-free weekend...
I don't have a plan for today, I feel all out of sorts. I'm on vacation next week from work and my mind is in the future instead of the present.

Have had a lovely couple of days and stayed on plan. Good fortune smiled on me at a wedding reception as the dinner chosen was salad, green beans, grilled chicken breast and braised sirloin. I was shocked that it was so Dukan friendly. Went to a July 4th barbecue that also had good choices available for me. Tomorrow I bake loads of Dukan muffins, chop up loads of veggies, and grill many chicken breasts in preparation for vacation. My son and I will be going to a 5 day music festival - 7 stages, 150+ acts and camping in a tent on the festival grounds. We normally "Cadillac camp" in a 34 foot motor home with air conditioning, XBOX, and running water - I have never done "primitive" camping before! :)

I survived the music festival - but my diet didn't :break_diet:
I tried to be good, but my coolers of food didn't stay cold and my muffins and meat spoiled. I figure I threw out about $50 of food. I tried to pick out the least damaging items from the food vendors, but I definitely was "off plan" by day 3. According to my home scales I gained 3 lbs. And this was in 95 degree weather, high humidity, and walking about 5 hours a day and drinking tons of water and eating less than normal. My friends were all trying to be supportive and saying how strong I was in not eating the chips, cookies, donuts, funnel cakes, ice creams and telling me "Oh you are definitely still losing weight - you are being so good! Don't worry, you are walking off that tortilla from the grilled chicken wrap!" Oh well, I will take my own advice and do a couple of pure protein days and hopefully get right back on track and maybe even post a stay-the-same week on Friday on the official weigh-in.

It is so hard to manage in those circumstances. DD suggests you don't weigh yourself immediately after being away like that.you may find it's mostly water, in which case it'll go quickly.

Weird - TOTM started early. So maybe my 3 lbs will end up being water weight. On day 2 of PP - trying to decide if I should go back to PV tomorrow or do another PP day. I am not sure how much "reset" time I need. I don't have the crappy flu-like feeling that I got during the attack phase, nor the extreme thirst - I was kind of expecting those markers to let me know that I was back on track.

Up and at work early today! Still haven't decided whether to go PV today or not - since I did 5 PV days maybe I should do 5 PP days to even it out. I am worried about my next set of challenges- summer is a really hard time to stick to a plan. I didn't realize how much travelling I do. In 10 days I go off for a business trip for 5 days and then when I get back from that we leave on our 2-week family holiday (my mother-in-law is coming with). It doesn't seem like I will have much time to get myself back on a stable mindset, but I will try!

PV day today - I reread the section of the book and decided that in my situation a 3 day attack then back into cruise would be the right approach. It actually does talk in the book about reaching the halfway point and then giving in to temptation. It said to either go over to conso, quit, or redo attack and recommit - so I took the third option. I'll go to my weigh-in today and see what my official weight is.

Just realized that next Monday will be the beginning of my 13th week on this diet. I hope it is a lucky week for me. I lost 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks, so I am still making progress even with my slip ups! I am planning to start personal training when I get back from vacation on August 22. I hope to be under 200 lbs at that point. That means 4 lbs a week loss, and really I don't think it will happen, but hopefully I will be close. I want to make sure that I am not becoming flabby with the weight loss and the training helped a lot with that the last time - but I also know my weight loss will slow down for the first 2 months of training as I get some strength back in my muscles, which might endanger my making it to goal weight in December. But I think it will be worth it and it should bounce back to good losses once I have toned the muscles back up. We'll see how it goes.

Food today is PP, so pretty boring day ahead
Gallette,
Roast chicken
Shrimp
Roast beef
Sugar-free jello

Still slugging along - I noticed that my sneaky temptations are coming back - so I am going to try and be extra vigilant. Caught myself thinking about sneaking food when people stepped out of the room and stopping by the gas station for a sneaky candy bar on my drive to the grocery store. Luckily, my son decided to go shopping with me, so I didn't have the chance to sneak. I am hoping that by writing about this here it will make it stop - so far I haven't given in, but I would have if I hadn't had my family around all weekend to keep me in line.

Just a quick thought that I wanted to put in - exactly 5 months from today is my "true weight" date - I have 40 pounds left to lose, which works out to 8 pounds a month. Which is about what I have been averaging. So if I stay on track I should hit my true weight right on schedule. That's a pretty inspiring thought - I have watched those of you with less weight to lose hit their goals on schedule and thought well - that won't happen for me, but I'll be happy with whatever I've managed to lose and if I am still feeling strong I'll keep on going on cruise until I get there otherwise I'll transition to conso on schedule and just make the best of it. Now I am starting to think maybe I will actually get to that "true weight" - Beware - optimism is creeping into my gloom!

Floribunda said:
You are doing so well - try & think what you really need when these feelings hit. As women & mothers we do tend to put others first & don't love ourselves enough. I know I feel guilty when I want to be alone, or spend time relaxing with a book, or not cook for others or spend money on myself, or just say no to anything - all things which don't actually hurt other people or mean I don't love them. I find it scary at times to be assertive or selfish as it feels dangerous, as if I will lose love, support & approval. I wonder if food became our drug of choice - to suppress those fears and compensate for not feeling allowed to be, or even knowing how to be. Like you, I have issues from my childhood - they never go away but hopefully, by dealing with our food issues we will overcome our pasts and feel more powerful, successful and happy. Warm hugs.

Can most def relate to everything you said, very well put x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tragedy strikes - I ran out of oatbran:eek:
So today I started the day with an omelette instead of a gallette. I miss my gallette, but the omelette was very good and it actually folded over and looked like a professionally made omelette. Normally mine turn out more like scrambled eggs - I guess all of the gallette making practice is transferable. Inside the omelette was extra lean ham minced, green onions, spinach, and tomatoes. Yes, today is a PV day :p
Weird item for the day - coffee doesn't taste good today - I took my first cup and drank about a third and threw it out and made fresh and the fresh still didn't taste right nor satisfying so I threw that out as well and am now enjoying a cup of Earl Grey tea. I am a huge coffee addict, so this is a very strange occurrence.
Reread the portion of Dr. D's book on exercise - he said not to start any extreme sport while losing weight, so maybe I will have to change my plan for personal training to occur after I move to conso and try and incorporate his Dukan exercises in the morning and the evening as recommended. I am starting to look rather deflated, so I would really like to start combatting the flab!

Back