Sandra's maintenance diary.....

Sorrreeeeeeee!! :eek: x

S'ok......I can hardly shoot the messenger!

Must be going mad here but can't find where I posted today's food.......

mmmm perhaps not Jan, didn't get round to posting yesterday's food cos I had a friend round for lunch and quaffed 1/2 a bottle of wine! Felt so wonderfully chilled, just like the wine, the best that I've felt for ages! That was the first 'decent' drink that I've had since August, bit lightweight though, 1/2 a bottle!
Going to catch up now! x

Hic, hic, I have had a date with Mr Smirnoff, but I am sure I read your food earlier!

Hahhaa..........thats my girl, half a bottle of wine........you will soon be in our gang.

Seriously Sandra, you are doing really well since re-feeding for the op, and as for the post op period, I raise my hat to you girl. I would probably be laying there sorry for myself and stuffing my face.

Half a bottle of wine.... Only another half to go and you're in the club!!!! :rotflmao: x

Tanya, May manage that over the weekend! Must remember to put a bottle in to chill....

Still can't find yesterday's food post so will re-do it as follows......was mega good yesterday!

B Branflakes and milk, small OJ, one coffee
L 1/3 skinny french stick, buttered and a smear of mustard, 4 slices wafer-thin ham, 1/3 Port Salut cheese, 1/2 yellow pepper. handful of cherry tomatoes, a banana. Vitamin C drink
D 2 egg omelette with grated cheese and wafer-thin ham, a ww chocolate brownie dessert (these are really good)
hot choc before bed

Passed on the Lindor!!!!, Asked on the WW forum how many points thay had and was told 2 each, same as Jan told me. Bleeding hell, they are gorgeous but don't think that I can make them a regular treat.........think that I had better stick with the hot chocs! I get this in France and though it's only 40 cals a mug it's soooo much nicer than Options.

A good day methinks:D

Edit....on reflection though maybe a tad too much cheese? good for my bones!

Today's food, Thursday

B bran flakes and milk, small OJ, two coffees
L 2 slices wm toast, a banana, an apple, Vitamin C drink
D 2 slices wm toast, 2 boiled eggs, choc ice (Paul hasn't had time to go shopping and this was all that I could find to have as a pud!) Vitamin C drink
Hot choc

Last edited:
Today's food, Friday

B branflakes and milk, small OJ
L tomato and basil soup, large wm roll, slice of cherry Madeira cake
D fish pie, I made it with flaked salmon and prawns in a little hollandaise sauce, layered with wilted spinach and topped with mashed potatoes. Gave Paul 2/3 of it before I'd realised how good it was......bu88er
Hot choc and two Lindor

Did 45 minutes physio in the pool and slept all afternoon, totally exhausted! Am now stiff as hell.

Had a couple of treats today, the cake was lovely and there's plenty left for tomorrow:D

Saturday's food

B porridge with oat bran, made half and half milk/water and a splash of evaporated milk added. Small OJ
L 2 slices, buttered, wm toast, a banana. Vitamin C drink
Snack slice of cherry Madeira cake
D 2 slices buttered toast, 1/2can baked beans, handful of grated cheese, white mini Magnum
Hot choc and 2 Lindor

Bit too much bread today but Paul's feeling sorry for himself and didn't want a proper dinner.......we were going to have a Chinese, my first since August! Bu88er......

Last edited:
It's M&S Mary and really lovely, though well past it's sell by date, with great big whole cherries in it......haven't bothered looking at the calories!

Snowing quite bad here and as Paul is doing the shopping or, rather not doing the shopping, we have bugger all left in the house to eat! He's got man flu now today and is snoring on the sofa, my fault as apparently I kept him awake, the fact that it was due to PAIN is completely lost on him!

Lack of food in the house means nothing naughty to eat though (cherry cake nearly gone!) and when I weighed myself this morning I was 3lbs down since Wednesday and now a lb less than when I had my op! Well thrilled with that :)

Sunday's food.....pretty much the same as yesterday's rations!

B porridge with oat bran, made half and half milk/water and a splash of evaporated milk added. Small OJ
L 2 slices, buttered toast, a banana. Two finger kitkat
D........probably more bloody toast........Edit, 2 slices of cheese on toast! Muller light vanilla yogurt
Will have a hot choc before bed and, most probably, a Lindor

Sick of toast.....

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking! Hope you don't run out of bread! :) xx

Actually it's stale bread from the freezer that I was going to use for Xmas stuffing! Hence only fit to eat as toast:D

Oh nooo!!! LOL Hope you manage to get out soon to get some grub!x

Well done Sandra on being a pound less than when you had your op. You have great will power to stay so focussed. It is so easy to feel sorry for yourself whilst recuperating and overdo the food and drink. I think you are a great role model.
Hope you get food supplies soon!! This weather is playing havoc with everyone's pantry. You get familiar with stuff lurking in the bottom of the freezer!!
Have a good week both food wise and recovery wise!

Thanks Molly......there's nothing even lurking at the bottom of the freezer now! It's breakfast cereal for breakfast and for lunch today until Paul comes home with the shopping! I think there may be an egg left if he hasn't eaten it and I will check out the wine fridge in the garage cos you never know!

Actually I'm finding staying focused quite easy, probably cos this weight is pretty much my previous stable weight and it's only in the last 5 years that's it's gone up after the various ops and illnesses. I still can't believe that it's me in the mirror again! As I was struggling to get up this morning Paul made some comment that all the upper body exercise was good for bingo wings, I asked if I had any and he said that I don't actually have any arms any more! Even my fingers are thinner!

As I was struggling to get up this morning Paul made some comment that all the upper body exercise was good for bingo wings, I asked if I had any and he said that I don't actually have any arms any more! Even my fingers are thinner!

So he does have a lovely side!! :giggle: :) x

Nah....I think that he was merely stating a fact rather than paying me an actual compliment! That would be too much especially at 8 in the morning!

:giggle: xx

Back