Sandra's maintenance diary.....

Was going to have a proper lunch but Paul came home to take me shopping.....when I got back I just wanted something quick to take my medication with so toast it was!

Can't believe that it used to be my favourite food, I'm sick of it now!

Shame we can't get that way about chocolate isn't it? :eek:

You two okay now?? xx

Read today price of choc could go up.... I'm secretly hoping it does lol would that put you off?!

NOPE!! ;) xx

Don't eat enough of it tbh, cheese is horrifically expensive (or so it seems) but I still happily spend a fiver on a chunk of something that I love!

Hi Sandra. Just caught up on your news in here. Really sorry that you're having a bit of a time of it at the moment. It's understandable that you feel as you do though, and you have been through a lot what with the op, and no doubt all the pain you were in before that will have have also taken its toll. Things have a nasty habbit of eventually catching up with you, and I know when I've been laid up in the past from ops, and then all the recovery afterwards, it's hard work! Sounds like you need a huge big dose of TLC and someone to look after you a bit. If I were closer, I'd come and do it! Be kind to yourself hun and look after yourself. Big ((hugs)) xx

Thanks darling. TBH I think I had a couple of days of overdoing it cos I felt great....then I didn't and so felt sorry for myself! Still doesn't excuse Paul from bring a total arse though! I think it's cos I've had so many ops in the last five years (5!) that he's just fed up with it all......but it won't be forever....

Here's to a happy and healthier 2011!

Thursday's food

B branflakes and milk, small OJ, two coffees
L 100% steak burger with a fried egg on top.....sort of like a cooked version of steak tartare! Actually it was delicious and entirely my own, iron-rich, invention. A muller light strawberry yogurt. Vitamin C drink
D home-made chilli con carne with rice, the last of the rum n raisin ice cream.....thank god that's gone:D
2 Lindor, white ones!

Had physio in the pool this morning and then a massage by this gorgeous young man (cue Harry Enfield voice) if I had been 25 years younger......I'd have had him on that massage table etc! As it was, he's young enough to be my son so I behaved myself......fantastic massage though on all my sore bits and will apparently work on reducing the inflammation and fluid build up in my hip. If nothing else I have beautifully soft thighs and bum and will be good for my cellulite, though I can't see it I'm sure it's there:D

Last edited:
OO ER MISSIS!!! Sounds rather enjoyable ;) :p

Love the sound of your steak burger. xx

Me too mmmm :drool:
Now about that massuse, pass over his digits ;) haha

:giggle: xx

Hands off...he's mine, all mine! Must be a good sign that I actually noticed that he was gorgeous....wife and two little kids though.....

Jan, try the steak burger, it was actually left over from Summer BBQ and I don't know how it would ww point:confused:But it was delicious and really filling with no need for any bread or additional carbs!

Friday's food

B branflakes and milk, small OJ, two coffees
L ham & pea soup, blue riband wafer
D enormous Chinese! Large vodka and diet coke.......brother in law poured it and one was enough:eek:
4 Lindor!!

Am absolutely stuffed after the Chinese and laying prostrate on the sofa.......feel bloated and yuk for the first time since August and I don't like it one little bit:(

I know it's horrible that feeling isn't it?! Hope you have no after effects and are able to enjoy tomorrow!!! I'm sure you will. Have a great day xxx

Fine this morning thanks Jan, just made some porridge for breakfast as I don't plan on serving lunch until 2pm and I don't want to nibble in-between .....one thing's for sure I really don't intend to pig out at lunch cos the feeling was horrid and not one I wish to repeat!

Good lesson there then :)

Hope you're having a great time - sorry about the Lindors/your sister .... I told you saving them and rationing yourself wasn't a good idea ;) xx

Well have had two days eating anything I wanted! Had porridge for brekkie both days, proper Xmas lunch with all the trimmings but only nibbled a couple (about 6!) chocs after that, no turkey sarnies as I was too stuffed!

Had lots of cold turkey and leftover piggies for lunch, no bread but had a cold stuffing ball, and a couple of home-made mince pies with brandy custard for my tea as didn't fancy anything else! Haven't had a drink today as we were on our own and Paul doesn't really drink so I didn't bother. May have finished the white Lindor, pleased that they're out of the way as I was worried at how addictive they are!

Did a mad thing this morning and weighed myself.....was 3lbs up, hopefully that will only be temporary, it feels awful!

Back to recording tomorrow.....going to start ww on 3rd January if I can find the paperwork which I still haven't read!

Happy Boxing Day all x

Oooh Sandra, I know that stuffed feeling. I was like that after Xmas Lunch too - not nice eh!

I will be there on WW with you the day after you hun. Dont worry about the 3lb gain, I am sure that will soon disappear, probably water retention after over-doing it a little.

Back