Sandra's maintenance diary.....

SandraB

Gold Member
Hey you lot! Thought that I would join you on here as I have been eating now for weeks so can hardly call it refeeding! Still want to lose another stone(ish) but no rush, will concentrate when I'm back on my feet properly.

But, and I hope that you don't mind me saying so, I love the way you all encourage each other and no-one is a goody goody and perfect with their food choices all the time and.......you all seem to like a drink too! Just like me:D

So here goes, today's food, Sunday

B porridge with oat bran (have now mixed my oats with about a third of
100% oat bran) and a dash of evaporated milk! I make it with half n half milk and water so that I can justify the evaporated milk at the weekends cos I like the taste! Small glass of breakfast juice, three coffees, needed the coffee to brave the visit to the hospital to get my stitches removed:eek:
L M&S tomato, bean and chorizo soup, a slice of home-made wm bread, 125g lf Greek yogurt with 100g blueberries. Vitamin C drink
Snack one solitary Lindor!!!!!!
D 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices wm toast, a banana
Low fat hot choc and another (full fat) Lindor!

As I keep saying, must read the ww stuff! It's sat on the kitchen table as yet unopened, tomorrow would be a good idea to start wouldn't it? Being a Monday and all that.......

Last edited:
Sandra, good to see you are getting better bit by bit. Sorry to hear OH is not as supportive as he might be. Sounds all too familiar as mine is not the best either. When I am poorly, he decides he has some affliction that stops him helping out more!!! What do you do!! We love them all the same. Hope you have a good week both foodwise and recoverywise.

Monday's food

B bran flakes and milk, breakfast juice, two coffees
L M&S tomato, bean and chorizo soup with a couple of extra spoonsful of leftover baked beans, Slice of wm bread, a banana. Vitamin C drink
Snack a two finger kit kat
D baked chicken breast with garlic and cherry tomatoes, a medium sized jacket potato (oh, it was lovely!) carrots and broccoli

Was extra tired today so treated myself to the kit kat but stopped at just the one.

I can honestly say that my dinner tonight was delicious and my favourite meal since I started eating again. Paul cleared his plate too! Did the spuds properly in the oven rather than the microwave so they had lovely crispy skins. I had forgotten how much I love cooking a really nice meal!

Last edited:
Hey! Welcome to the coolest part of the forum! :giggle:
Me personally, I wouldnt start on a monday, just something about mondays I don't like when starting diets etc. I started my LT on a tuesday and weigh in on a tuesday but start when you feel you are ready :) Are you feeling much better now? How are things with hubby?x

Was going to start today if I can actually get around to reading the ww stuff otherwise will just carry on blindly as I am for now.....not weighing every day at the moment as it's to much trouble to get on and off the scales! Have you ever heard such a good excuse? Quite true actually as it involves more balance than I have at present! Will weigh in on Wednesday as usual as see what has happened, my clothes that I was wearing before the op are swimming on me and I will never know exactly what the balance of lost bone versus weight of hip replacement is

OH is still being .....well normal for him, ie totally thoughtless and inconsiderate. I know that it's not that he means to be, it's just the way he is! For instance, this morning he brought the washing down and then berated me for putting it into the machine but then let me get my own breakfast! He poured his cereal but it didn't even occur to him to ask me what I wanted,
but if I hadn't got up with him I would have got a lecture about not eating....I can't win so not even gonna try!

I love being on here with my new gang! As you know I used to butt in before, please tell me to mind my own business if necessary! I don't have much of a life at the moment so this IS my life!

Well look at you big girl (or not so big nowadays ;) ) over here on the 'coolest' part of the forum lol

Sounds like things are going super well on the eating front Sandra. Huge well done :D Hope your hip is coming along okay. Give that hubby of yours a boot up the backside (with your good leg ;) )

xx

Well look at you big girl (or not so big nowadays ;) ) over here on the 'coolest' part of the forum lol

Sounds like things are going super well on the eating front Sandra. Huge well done :D Hope your hip is coming along okay. Give that hubby of yours a boot up the backside (with your good leg ;) )

xx

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't thrilled to be here Jayne! Eating honestly isn't a problem, I just keep thinking about my body being like one of my plants (I'm a very good gardener) that has been poorly and I've got to make it well again! Every meal is considered for nutritional quality with the odd treat thrown in for good measure! How's food treating you?

Would love to kick Paul up the arse but even with the good leg I would probably still fall over! X

Welcome to AA Sandra.............drink, drink, drink.....lol.
Seriously, I am so glad you are making a good recovery, and hopped over to the maintenance board - its rightly where you deserve to be.

I hope you are not going to be a goody goody anyway, as it would just put us all to shame - its just sheer normal folk here who LOVE a drink and a good old binge occassionally :eek:

Not much likelihood of my being a goody goody Mary, but have to finish some of the drugs before I dare to hit the voddie! Strict instructions to avoid alcohol on some of the packets........

For the time being, however, I am being a bit sensible;)

Sandra, glad you had a lovely meal and enjoyed a nice crispy baked potato. Hopefully, you will be done with the meds in time for the Xmas mulled wine and all other assorted cocktails.

kered said:
.............but we are all going to be perfect little Princesses tomorrow - Right girls!

Too right :)

Well that was the plan! Didn't quite happen though :( .... Welcome to Maintenance Sandra ... hopefully you'll be a good influence on those of us struggling a bit with the Christmas temptations!

Well done for coming this far and best of luck with the rest of the journey!! xx :D xx

Well that was the plan! Didn't quite happen though :( .... Welcome to Maintenance Sandra ... hopefully you'll be a good influence on those of us struggling a bit with the Christmas temptations!

Well done for coming this far and best of luck with the rest of the journey!! xx :D xx

mmmm perhaps not Jan, didn't get round to posting yesterday's food cos I had a friend round for lunch and quaffed 1/2 a bottle of wine! Felt so wonderfully chilled, just like the wine, the best that I've felt for ages! That was the first 'decent' drink that I've had since August, bit lightweight though, 1/2 a bottle!
Going to catch up now! x

As noted below.......needless to say I ignored the advice on the packets of pills:eek:

Had my first physio session in the pool which was great and a friend round for lunch......

So, Tuesday's food

B Branflakes and milk, small glass breakfast juice
L Minestrone soup with a few shavings of parmesan, 1/3 of a skinny french stick with butter, 1/4 of a Port Salut (was a bit ripe!) 1/2 bottle of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, my absolutely most favourite wine in the World!!! If Jerry hadn't been driving I think that we'd have opened another bottle:D
D two sausages and mash.......Paul hadn't stocked up and is unable to shop unless I write a list so we had no beans or even peas to go with it! No onions to make gravy, nothing! so it was a bit dry and boring!
Hot choc and 2 Lindor

Am a bit worried as have had a couple of Lindor several days running I think, any ideas how many ww points they have? I am happy to stop at 2, perhaps I could incorporate them into my diet for the iron content:p

HaHa .... Good on you to be able to stop at 2!! I couldn't!!! If you give me the NI I'll work out the points for you :) ... Glad you enjoyed the wine - you're definitely in good company here ;) xx

Thanks Jan, will look it up when I go downstairs. I have to stop at 2, the OH dishes them out - like medicine - and I swear that he counts how many are left! We've got some tiny baby ones too but they're not the same, only as big as marbles:(

Yeah - I've seen those little ones .. I'd need half a dozen of them to feel as though I'd had something!

I've looked online & while the calculator thingy doesn't seem to work - probably because it's all in such tiny amounts - serving size being 11.2g ... from the calories I think you'd have to count 2pp each ... sorry!!! :eek: xx

Last edited:
7uck me! Thank god I can stop at 2! Actually, I haven't had any yet tonight, when the OH proffered one I refused as it was only about 15 minutes after dinner. Might pass on them for today......

Thanks Jan, I think!:rolleyes:

Back