Sangria

mrsbroadside

Hi. sorry if this is somewhere else, if it is then please redirect me!

We are planning a bbq on saturday and my boyfriend and his friends are planning on making sangria. Now obviously it is wine, brandy and fruit syns to think about.
But has anyone ever made it successfully with sweetner?
Or does anyone have a lower syn recipe for other summer cocktails that I could have instead?
Thanks

No idea. sorry. Depends on how much of each thing is in there... sweetner might work though. Try it and see?

This is a "recipe" from the SW website for:

Virtually Free sangria
Soak your choice of fresh fruit in a 50ml glass of port overnight. Add a bottle of chilled Diet Tropical Lilt just before serving. Tip: You could substitute a glass of red wine for port if desired.

Not a true sangria but definitely fewer syns than the real thing!

Denise

Chop up loads of orange and lemon in a large jug add a measure of brandy and leave to soak in, stir in a cheap spanish red, tesco value is ideal, and top up with 7up zero to taste - serve with lots of ice, absolutely delicious, and you can make it go as far, or as little as your syns allow.

mrsbroadside said:
Hi. sorry if this is somewhere else, if it is then please redirect me!

We are planning a bbq on saturday and my boyfriend and his friends are planning on making sangria. Now obviously it is wine, brandy and fruit syns to think about.
But has anyone ever made it successfully with sweetner?
Or does anyone have a lower syn recipe for other summer cocktails that I could have instead?
Thanks

I discovered syn free pims this week. 2litres diet lemonade, 3tbsp balsamic vinegar stir n add fresh strawberries & apples. Very nice n refreshing - lacks alcohol though!

My spanish friend used to make Sangria with just a cheap bottle of red, fanta, sliced oranges and his own blend of spices (including a cinnamon stick), so if you get diet fanta and loads of free fruit I think that would work pretty well just mixed with some red wine!

Chop up loads of orange and lemon in a large jug add a measure of brandy and leave to soak in, stir in a cheap spanish red, tesco value is ideal, and top up with 7up zero to taste - serve with lots of ice, absolutely delicious, and you can make it go as far, or as little as your syns allow.

My spanish friend used to make Sangria with just a cheap bottle of red, fanta, sliced oranges and his own blend of spices (including a cinnamon stick), so if you get diet fanta and loads of free fruit I think that would work pretty well just mixed with some red wine!

Very similar to how I make it :)

There is a fab Sangria recipe in this months SW magazine! Haven't tried it yet, but sounds delish & only 1.5 syns per serving :D

Serves 6
7fl oz/198ml red wine
7fl oz/198ml orange juice
1pt/586ml diet lemonade
1 large orange, sliced
2 limes, sliced
4oz/113g strawberries, hulled and halved

METHOD:
Half fill a large pitcher with ice cubes, then pour in the wine, orange juice and diet lemonade. Add the fruit, stir then allow to chill for 10-15 minutes. Serve in chilled glasses

Hope this helps :)
Helen!

Back