Santas little...Slimmers!

I am having problems with constipation too. I kept reading around this forum and some people recommend Dulcolax. I am a bit embarrassed to ask my consultant how to resolve this problem.

Kwaix, my consultant told me about psyllium husk that you can get from chemists and health food shops. Its a powder you mix with a glass of water - doesn't taste great but just gulp it down! It definitely does the trick though :)

Hi Nicola (hoping ive got that right as it says Nicola in your signature :D ) your more than welcome to join us! :) and thankyou regards my photo I did take some photos when I started this time but resisting to take any more until I get to the 8 week mark :) ive lost 9lb so far my weigh ins are Thursdays, what day do you weigh in with your consultant? x

This is what my consultant said when i asked her if she had any constipation problems on the diet.

" I didn't personally but I know it can happen and we sell a product that you can use called "fibre" which you add a spoon or two into your Cambridge meal product and that helps. It's £6.70 for a tub if you're interested?"

I told her that I heard the tub of Cambridge fibre is tiny and don't last long.

"Ok it's not that small and you shouldn't need to use it for too long but you could try senokot which you can get from shop/chemist first
Also more water should help too"

I just got back from my consultant, she said to drink more water and she recommended herbal teas as well for the constipation, hope it helps!:)
Anyway, I lost 6 pounds last week so that puts me to 13 pounds in total, I'm so happy!:)

wow well done mirusska that's only a pound off a whole stone! fab! why do I always get consultants that charge more :( mine charges £7.50 for fibre, £2.00 for soups a shakes and £2.30 for bars and ready made cartons, how does this compare to others? the consultant I had before that charged around 20p on top of those prices so even more!

quick question for anyone that uses the soups....so I just read aparantly its really important you only use warm-slightly hot water to make them as apposed to boiling as it kills the minerals and vitamins in it etc and basically looses its nutrional value...however ive been boiling the kettle letting it sit for only about a minute then using it because if I use just warm water its cold in like 2 mins and I feel I have to rush eating it! no one likes cold soup :( so how do you guys who have the soup make it?

wow well done mirusska that's only a pound off a whole stone! fab! why do I always get consultants that charge more :( mine charges £7.50 for fibre, £2.00 for soups a shakes and £2.30 for bars and ready made cartons, how does this compare to others? the consultant I had before that charged around 20p on top of those prices so even more!

Well my consultant charges me 2.25 for the shakes and 2.35 for ready made shakes so it's a bit more expensive but I'm thinking that's pretty much how much I would spend on food anyway..

oh fair enough, yeh I certainly don't think id spend any less on food if anything I bet I spent more I just don't like the thought of being heavily overcharged, I understand for most consultants its there way of earning a living but if some can charge quite a bit less I find it a bit annoying but hey ho my consultant to be fair is nice and supportive so shouldn't complain x

My consultant charge 42 pounds for 21 products(Porridge,Shakes, Ready made shakes and soups). But I don't know about the price of bars. I don't like the soups so i stick with shakes and porridge.

I don't think I could do the diet without the soups! its the only thing they offer that actually feels like im eating something substantial! a lot of people say they taste powdery but I don't get that taste personally but then again I add 400ml water rather than the minimum of 225ml so maybe it waters it out a bit. im allowed the bars when I get my weigh in and products on Thursday but cant decide where to get some or not I used to like the peanut one n would like the try the lemon yoghurt one sounds tasty but my issue is last time I felt like I was having a snack rather than it being one of my 3 a day so not sure whether to keep avoiding them :-/

hungry today :(

I lost 11lbs girls! So happy!

well done :)

hahaha santa that made me laugh :) I ate some toast with butter :( which was super naughty im having a horrible stressful week its hard im so used to comfort eating and ive had some personal upset this week and its been hard not to just give in but I don't want to, without going to much into my boring life its my horrible violent ex who has been calling me etc I just feel so stressed hes my sons father I know im stressed as my skin is bad too. don't you just wish some people could vanish, the best thing I can do for myself is not let anyone get to me loose this weight and stick two fingers up to them trying hard today, its so hot where I am dunno about everyone else! where is winter? lol I want snow and log fires not bloody sunshine. x

Oh god send your sun my way!!! I love winter and being all cozy but I'm so not ready for it yet!!

Aw hun lose the weight and show your horrible ex how good you look and how happy you are!!
It's so hard not to turn to food but just think the guilt and upset you feel after eating it!
We need to find ways of controlling our emotions away from food.
Just keep thinking 2 fingers up to him once your slim and at your best xx
Hugs hun

thanks, yeh I know if I can stick to it and loose the weight ill be so much more confident and happy and ill be the one who comes out on top. its been so hot today I cut the grass and had all the windows in my house open coz it was sweltering inside! british weather honestly doesn't know what to do with itself! rain forecast for rest of week though lol xx

Could I join this team please?

I'm starting my Cambridge Diet journey tomorrow. I'm feeling excited and keen to get going but a bit apprehensive too. I stepped on the scales at my consultants this eve, weighing 16.4 - ugh! I'm 5'7" and it's the heaviest I've ever been (except when I was pregnant with my nearly 3 year old twins!) I've not gt a clue what to expect but would like to lose 3 stone by Christmas and then just under 6 stone in total.

Helen x

hi guys all looks like everyones doing well ive been so ill this week i havent got a weigh in tomorrow going to be super good for next week

Hi everyone,

started my cambridge diet 3weeks ago and so far im done by 21.8lbs, i have 71lbs to loose so i have 49.4lbs to go. this is my 3rd attempt on the diet and im determined to make it this time. i hope to loose all i can by xmas.

can i pls join your group?

Back