Sarah (westiegirl)

I didn't know Sarah as well as most of you, we spoke a few times but she was so very lovely as a person. My heart goes out to her family and friends, cancer is such a terrible heartbreaking thing which has left a big mark on my family as well, we lost my Dad nearly 2 years ago. I picked this poem to be read at his funeral and I think its fitting for Sarah xox

God looked around his Garden and found an empty place.
He then looked down upon his earth and saw your loving face.
He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest.
His Garden must be beautiful, he always takes the best.

He knew that you were suffering, he knew you were in pain.
And knew that you would never get well on earth again.
He saw your path was difficult, he closed you tired eyes,
He whispered to you "Peace be Thine" and gave you wings to fly.

When we saw you sleeping, so calm and free of pain,
We would not wish you back to earth to suffer once again.
You've left us precious memories, your love will be our guide,
You live on through your Family, you're always by our side.

It broke our hearts to lose you, but you did not go alone.
For part of us went with you, on the day God called you home.

That's beautiful Vicky.
X

May Sarah rest in peace in eternity.

We dated - only the once, but we dated... I didnt even know this diary existed, and I have been reading it for yesterday and all of this morning.

What shattering news, nothing I can add to all the wondeful words and tributes that others have added, far more eloquently than i could ever do.

So glad that she enjoyed our date - it was a pleasure for me also. I had no idea how much was going on in her life, I am glad that her passing saw her surrounded by her family.

I want to wind the clock back, do things differently - but then at the same time, i dont want Sarah to suffer again.

"Kiss me goodnight, and say my prayers.
Leave a light on at the top of the stairs.
Tell me the names of the stars up in the sky....."
(Billy Bragg, "Tank Park Salute")

xx

R.I.P Sarah xx

My thoughts are with sarahs family and many many friends. xx

Just as we can never fully appreciate the loss that her family feel, so too, the family will never fully appreciate how much of a difference their darling Sarah made to so many lives and how very very loved she is and was and shall always be. My thoughts and prayers go out to them and I hope that these messages bring comfort in the years to come. x x

I don't want to let go of your hand Westie.

xx

I understand from recent messages tonight that Sarah's funeral will be held next Thursday 27th May at Colwyn Bay Crematorium at 1.30pm. Everyone has been asked to wear pink in Sarah's memory.

Isis xx

Last edited:
Just had that confirmed Lacey and the other important thing .... she asked for everyone to wear pink.

Its been suggested that for those that cant make it we wear pink for the day - lets make Minimins pink next Thurs in her memory :)

Thanks Sandy and yes, it's a great idea about everyone wearing pink for the day. There's been some chit chat about that on Hopesprings diary tonight.

Pink is perfect for our Sarah xxx

It will be a pleasure to wear pink in celebration of Sarah :heartpump:

Unfortunately I never got to meet Sarah but by looking at the photos on Facebook and reading all of your comments she seemed like a very fun, warm and loving woman. This is terribly saddening news for the community and I hope she rests in peace and my condolences go to her family and many, many friends on minimins.

I too love the idea of us all wearing pink - it is a wonderful way of us all to collectively say goodbye to our beautiful friend. x

I have sent this message to the facebook users but want to extend it to Minimins too..

Dear All

Firstly allow me to send my sincere hopes of comfort and peace to you at this terribly sad time.

I know that so many who would want to be there in person on Thursday at the funeral cannot be. With this is mind, I would like to offer, if you want to, for you to put your thoughts on paper, and send them to me,sealed, and I will pass them to her family on Thursday. If this is something you would like to do then please message me and I will send you my full postal address.

I am sure that her family will be overwhelmed by it all and our hearts go out to them., for, no matter how deeply we feel our grief we cannot begin to imagine theirs.

I hope you do not mind my sending you this message but I thought it might be a good thing to do.

Peace

Jennie x

Thanks Jennie, that's a lovely gesture. I'm one of many who would dearly love to say my goodbyes to Sarah in person but sadly won't be able to get to Colwyn Bay next Thursday.

I will be wearing pink for her though and also love the idea of posting pink avatars. I wonder - might it be possible to change the Minimins border colour from blue to pink in her honour just for that day?

I'll be wearing a pink tie.

Back