Sarah (westiegirl)

I just posted this on Sarah's Diary but I realise not all her friends can read it.....

I haven't posted on Minis for a long while now but have known Sarah a long time.... back in the 'old days'..... we have shared many a mad weekend .... Birmingham, York, Newcastle..... to name but a few.... last nite I went to Llandudno and Mandy and I stayed in a lovely guest house right near Sarah's Pier..... this morning we woke to brilliant blue skies and gorgeous sunshine..... almost like Sarah had requested it for us all.....!!

After checking out we took a slow stroll along the Pier.... passing Sarah's Book shop ..... I've never been to Llandudno before but was blown away by how beautiful it was.... so pretty, I can see why Sarah loved it there.... we met (by fluke!) Jennie and Cheryl and then made our way to the Crematorium.... as we drove round the corner to the car park there was before us a sea of people.... well over 100 all in different shades of pink.... pink scarves, pink tops, pink ties.... it looked amazing.....

Sarah and her family arrived and we walked into a chapel to the sounds of I have a Dream ..... the vicar spoke about Sarah so passionately.... quoting stuff off her FB page and also the tribute page to her on FB too..... We then sat quietly and listened to 'Gravity' by Pixie Lott.... prayers followed and then it was time to leave and as people said their final goodbyes to her 'You'll Never Walk Alone' was played....... her parents and brother were so brave and dignified..... chatting with people and inviting them back to the house Sarah and her brother shared.....

We went back and saw where she lived.... how she ever managed to get up her garden path after a night out I'll never know.... !! It's a very long.... very steep path..... the sun still shone and people sat outside in the sunshine..... we were lucky to meet some of her lovely 'Ladies that lunch' friends who made us Miniminers welcome..... then it was time for Mandy and I to leave... so saying our goodbyes we left people chatting and remembering Sarah ......... she was a very special lady..... you only have to look at all the tributes on here.... and I was glad I went..... and I loved Llandudno..... I may well go again...... !! xxx

Hope this gives you all an insight into what a lovely send off your 'Westie girl' had......

xxxxxx

Thank you Mich.

I've never known a day like today in all my life

I so wish I could have been there.

xxx

Thanks for sharing that with us - so many of us were there in spirit and wearing pink in her honour. x

Thank you Mich.

I've never known a day like today in all my life

I so wish I could have been there.

xxx

:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:xxx

had my brightest, pinkest socks on today in memory of you Sarah.....RIP lovely lady - much loved and taken too soon....

thinking of you, your family and your many friends on this very sad day.....sweet dreams

Debz xxxxx

i can only agree with what Mich has said , all things concidered , a beautiful day , colourful , dignified , a celebration of the life of a special friend
xx

what a day... exactly as Mich described... had the pleasure too of meeting Sarah's relatives, and had a lovely long chat with her Gran..

A long, tiring, emotionally draining day... but a very fitting tribute to a unique, wonderful, lovely girl... our Sarah x x x

I had my pinkest socks on with my uniform too Sarah and Amy gave me a little piece of rose quartz and a pink bead inside a little Tickled Pink pouch to carry in my pocket.

Such a sad, sad day for everyone who knew and loved you Sarah, and there were obviously many because you were such a special person. Sweet dreams xx

What a day yesterday was for us all. Such pinkness was amazing..... and such a wonderful, special girl that the pinkness reached as far as the moon.... and how fitting that it was full too.

I'm comforted to know that now's she's home to rest.

It was very emotional.

I kept myself to myself (was one of the "standing" people!!), didnt actually speak to anybody, but i was struck my the mix of ages and backgrounds of the people there. I could only hazard a guess at numbers, perhaps 150-200 in total.

Afterwards, i walked up the Pier in Llandudno (as did a couple of others from the funeral, who i recognised) - i am guessing it was around 3.30pm. I couldnt bring myself to talk to them though. Was a bit of a mess myself, I really dont like funerals at all.

I took off my pink carnation, and threw it into the sea.

Bless you Sarah, so so sorry

xx

Thanks to those of you who attended for giving us a picture of Sarah's send-off. I was so sad not to be able to be there to say goodbye to my roomie and you have helped me to imagine how it might have been.

Sarah and I shared a room together at the Brum meet and we had such a wonderful time, we knew each other as "roomies" from then on and Sarah was always such a good friend to me. Now she is at peace, away from the pain and sadness of this world.

Goodbye roomie, may you be forever in our hearts until we meet again.

xxx

tragic story. thoughts are with her friends and family.

Hi there
Just to let you know - I met Sarah's mum today.
I was in Wales for a girly weekend and we ended up in LLandudno this morning.
I knew Sarah was on the pier, but had no idea which shop. I bought a postcard from a shop, left, then saw something else outside I wanted, went back inside and on the offchance asked the lady serving if she knew which shop Sarah used to work in.
She burst into tears and said she was her mum!

She was lovely and gave me a massive hug and we chatted for ages, I am so glad I met her.

She asked me to pass on her thanks to the girls on this forum as she has been overwhelmed by the messages received from everyone. She said she had been reading some of the memories last night.

I told her that on the day of the funeral so many of us who couldn't be there wore pink in Sarah's honour.

She said she is hoping to get a bench on the pier looking out to sea in memory of Sarah, so when she has a break she can sit there, which I thought was a lovely idea.

Anyway, just to say, if anyone is passing then do pop in and see her mum, she is a lovely lady

daisy x

Last edited:
Awwwh thanks for letting us know Daisy.
How nice to meet her and let her know how much we all loved Sarah.
I hope the she gets the bench.
XXX

Back