Sarah83 - quest to lose weight before Orlando

sarah83

Try and try again
Hi,
I've done slimming world many times on and off before. I managed to lose 2stone in 2010, using minimins to really help me, before I fell pregnant and since then it's gone back on again and I've never managed to get truly back into it.
The trouble is I've got to a stage now that I really dislike the way I look, I'm in a complete rut with how I dress and I absolutely detest having my photo taken which can cause a problem in both personal and work life.

But I've now got a huge incentive - we have a holiday of a lifetime booked in October 2019 - 2 weeks at Walt Disney World.
I really want to enjoy this holiday - by being fitter, healthier and most importantly have some wonderful family photos I actually like, to treasure the memories.

So here I am starting again. I'm not going to class, I will be doing it from home, and so probably won't be doing it exactly right, but I will certainly be following the Slimming World principles as much as I can. I will try and stick to it completely in the week but be a bit more lax on weekends - I know this means I will lose more slowly but it suits my lifestyle better.
At the same time I'm going to really try and up my fitness - by dusting off my fitbit and my exercise bike!

I'm going to try and get into the habit of posting my daily food diary on here with photos too. Please say hi if you have a read, and wish me luck!

Day 1 breakfast, no speed I know but all free and delicious

Attachments

• 67746EB7-9CC6-4DA5-842C-984D60B5A271.jpeg
    67746EB7-9CC6-4DA5-842C-984D60B5A271.jpeg
    765.6 KB · Views: 11
Here’s today’s lunch:
Heinz Creationz lentil curry. I believe this is Syn Free. First time I’ve tried it and it was ok but not amazing - good to have in as an emergency meal though.

Attachments

• 5BA102CB-595D-4FB2-940D-F5FD1760DA21.jpeg
    5BA102CB-595D-4FB2-940D-F5FD1760DA21.jpeg
    647.9 KB · Views: 12
Hi Sarah! Good luck with your weight loss!

I'm going Florida Oct 2019 also! What dates are you there? We might be there the same time! haha

xx

Hi Sarah! Good luck with your weight loss!

I'm going Florida Oct 2019 also! What dates are you there? We might be there the same time! haha

xx
Hi. What a coincidence!
We're going on the 4th October for 2 weeks. I'm so excited too - I'm such a Disney fan! I'm definitely much more excited than my daughter!
When are you going?xx

Not sure why my photos look weird on the computer - I uploaded them on my phone and they looked fine but they're just a strip on the computer :confused:

Anyway Day 1 went well:

Monday 3rd September

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs and baked beans

Lunch: Heinz Creationz lentil curry, rice (2 syns), salad

Dinner: Spaghetti with SW meatballs in a veggie tomato sauce, with salad and parmesan (half HEXA)

Snacks etc: Small twix (5 syns), skimmed milk in coffees (half HEXA)

Yesterday was a bit different as I was working from home with my daughter as she had inset day, so I had access to food and cooker etc. Back in the office today and out for lunch with a friend, so fingers crossed the day will go well.

I'll be there then as well :)
I love disney, have been so many times but never get bored of it.
That’s brill! It’s our first time to Walt Disney World and first time to the US so a really big holiday for us. I’m loving all the planning! Trouble is planning includes seeing lots of pics of delicious food...

Well today I wasn’t as strict as yesterday but still ok overall. I know you’re supposed to syn avocados but as they’re good for you and I don’t have them often I am not counting it...

Tuesday 4th September

Breakfast: omelette with lots of veggies and cheese (half HEXA)

Lunch: baked sweet potato with avocado, cherry toms and salad

Dinner: prawn pad Thai (5 syns), peanuts (HEXB)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (half HEXA), apple, yoghurt, melon

That’s brill! It’s our first time to Walt Disney World and first time to the US so a really big holiday for us. I’m loving all the planning! Trouble is planning includes seeing lots of pics of delicious food...

Concentrate on the photos of mickey instead of the food, lol!
The food there is absolutely amazing though :)
Have you booked it yet? Where are you staying?

Concentrate on the photos of mickey instead of the food, lol!
The food there is absolutely amazing though :)
Have you booked it yet? Where are you staying?
Haha I know the food looks just amazing!
Yes booked it about 5 months ago - we’re staying at Port Orleans FQ :)

Thursday 5th September

Breakfast: veggie and cheese omelette (half HEXA)

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and salad. Mayo - 2 syns

Dinner: Tom Kerridge recipe - chicken with mushrooms and peas (0.5 syns), asparagus, mange touts

Snacks: milk in coffees (half HEXA), wotsits (4.5syns), kit kat (5syns)

Unfortunately it all went a bit wrong yesterday. Emotional eating got the better of me and after feeling really stressed after a long day at work I couldn't face cooking and was desperate for a glass of wine. In fairness I would normally have a glass of wine everyday so to go three days without was an achievement in itself!
Today won't be much better either - I forgot to defrost anything for lunch and need something quick as I won't have a lunch break today, so I've got a Tesco gluten free pasta pot which is probably packed with syns. Going to make sure I make a healthy tea though (with the chicken we were supposed to eat yesterday...)
On the plus side it is Friday - so happy Friday everyone!

Anyway... to yesterday:
Thursday 6th September

Breakfast: Veggie omelette with cheese (half HEXA)

Lunch: Lentil curry and rice

Dinner: (not good) - Chicken shish kebab with salad and low fat garlic mayo

Snacks: Milk in coffees (half HEXA), apple, melon, cherry toms, some chocs a colleague had brought back from hols, 2 glasses wine (not good).

Back