Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Hi all. Do you have any tips on dried fruits and nuts? Ie do you use them as healthy extras or syns etc. Im still new to mimimins so sorry if I don't make sence.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I am addicted to weighing myself but I have to really try hard not to get on the scales more than once a week. I know my weight fluctuates so quite often get disheartened when I see I've added a pound one day but then lost it the next.
Stick with your Saturday Weigh in and hopefully you'll see a loss this week as well. Like you say, you know this plan works so stick with it :) x

To be fair I'm normally pretty good at staying off the scales, but I knew that loss on Saturday couldn't have been possible so I needed to do another check. Like I said I'm going to totally discount Saturday's weigh in and just take this weeks loss as a loss over 2 weeks. I probably won't weigh again until Saturday now but at least I know what to expect.

It was gorgeous!! Link to recipe is at the top of page 3. I also added a couple of tsp of cornflour at the end just to thicken the sauce.

Perfect thanks! I also have the same problem is you re weighing myself! I weighted myself every day last week, totally obsessed :-(

Just having a think about next weeks meals and the weekend shopping list (sad I know, it's only Wednesday!!!), and I'm looking to majorly eat through the freezer next week as I've got loads of meat in there which I picked up reduced. Anyway I've got 2 pork tenderloins and I really fancied doing something in the slowcooker with them, so I did a bit of googling and came across this recipe which frankly looks amazing! Only a few syns for honey (will have to work it out). Can't wait, this is our Sunday dinner: Balsamic Pork Tenderloin Recipe - Cooking | Add a Pinch | Robyn Stone

How many syns in this then? Definitely going to give it a go :)

How many syns in this then? Definitely going to give it a go :)

Well the whole recipe was 5 syns (3syns for honey, 2 for cornflour) and made 4 portions so I rounded it down to 1 syn per portion. It would only be 3 syns if you didn't add the cornflour but the sauce was a bit thin without it.

I didn't realise cornflour was so low (1 syn per tsp). I always used to use smash to thicken casseroles and stews etc, but it does give a bit of a strange texture. Cornflour is much nicer and 2 tsp was a perfect amount to thicken this. Same for the beef bourginon I made tonight.

The balsamic pork really was gorgeous, I'm hoping to find tenderloin reduced soon so I can make it again. Oh and don't be scared by the overpowering smell of vinegar while it's cooking, it mellows out by the end and has a lovely sweet/sour/spicy flavour.

I can't wait to try this! I bet it'd be nice in a pitta to with salad and SW chips?

I can't wait to try this! I bet it'd be nice in a pitta to with salad and SW chips?

You could but I'm not sure if it was a bit too saucy to put into a pitta (there was quite a lot of gravy). The leftovers were really nice last night with mash. We had hasselback potatoes first time round but I think mash was better. I suppose I kind of viewed it as a stew type dish so my thoughts were more around potatoes and veg, rather than chips and salad, but that's just me, I tend to have dry meat with salad and chips rather than stuff in sauce/gravy lol!

I'm absolutely starving today!! I think I'm making up for yesterday, I was in London and chose to get an earlier train home instead of picking up some lunch from M&S. I was proud of myself though and opted just to eat the fruit and benefit light bar rather than buy a high syn sandwich from the buffet car x

I'm a Yorkshire girl we love our gravy! Hahaha! Keep the amazing dishes coming :) I'm not very inventive when it comes to dinner!

Don't suppose you know how many syns in Boursin cheese with garlic n herbs? Or can it be used as hexa? I bet it can't it's too nice! Lol

Don't suppose you know how many syns in Boursin cheese with garlic n herbs? Or can it be used as hexa? I bet it can't it's too nice! Lol

I've just had a check in my SW book (from Apr 2012 so I doubt it's changed since then), and unfortunately not a HEX. Normal is 3.5 syns per 25g, reduced fat is 2 syns per 25g which isn't too bad.

I love Boursin, trouble is I love it on freshly torn crusty white bread mmm

I just made my smoked mackerel pate for lunches the next couple of days and it's scrummy. It's 4 syns for the lot (grrr why can't smoked mackerel be free) but that's made 2 big portions plus plenty of tastes while I was making it!
Made a bit of a faux pas though, went to make tuna pasta for hubby's lunches (I just mix cooked pasta, tuna, sweetcorn and mayo) and we've run out of pasta. Pasta always seems to be something you always have in so that took me by surprise! Oh well he'll have to have a tin of soup instead ;-) his loss for not liking smoked mackerel

Hey checked on Syns online for you.

Xx

Attachments

• image-3339053716.jpg
    image-3339053716.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 67
Oh thanks for checking for me. The cheese is definitely worth it! It's lovely on the top of a stuffed pepper!

Oh thanks for checking for me. The cheese is definitely worth it! It's lovely on the top of a stuffed pepper!

Oh sorry was a bit higher than what I was going off!

I've never made stuffed peppers, mainly because hubby doesn't like peppers and I can't be bothered with the faff just for me. What do you generally stuff them with?

Wednesday 15th Jan - EE

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs

Lunch: Smoked mackerel pate (2 syns), 3 ryvitas (HEXB), salad

Dinner: Spaghetti with leeks, mushrooms, philly (half HEXA)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (half HEXA), banana, FF yoghurt, apple, pear, grapes, leftover roasted sweet potatoes with light salad cream 1 syn

Syns: 3

Last edited:
Oh sorry was a bit higher than what I was going off! I've never made stuffed peppers, mainly because hubby doesn't like peppers and I can't be bothered with the faff just for me. What do you generally stuff them with?

Usually batchelors rice, the golden one is nice topped with cheese. Sometimes I grill some mushrooms and put them right at the bottom. Thing is you only need a bit of a packet of rice to stuff them with so maybe you could just have the pepper and your OH can have rice on its own with cheese crumbled on top?

Usually batchelors rice, the golden one is nice topped with cheese. Sometimes I grill some mushrooms and put them right at the bottom. Thing is you only need a bit of a packet of rice to stuff them with so maybe you could just have the pepper and your OH can have rice on its own with cheese crumbled on top?

Thank you! That sounds yummy I'll have to try that, I'm thinking on a green day with some HEXB goats cheese on top. I might try it as a tasty lunch when I'm working from home next!

Dinner ended up being vegetarian as the chicken I defrosted was actually funny smelling turkey!
I've been really good this week but I've got a bad bad feeling about weigh in - don't know how to explain it but last week I was feeling lighter almost, this week I feel more bloated and sluggish... We shall have to see.

Going to do a mix2max day tomorrow to shake things up a bit, I used to love them when I did SW before.

Just waiting for my bath to run while watching last nights celeb bake off, they've just made banoffee pie mmm...

Hope you've all had fab days!

What's mix2max never heard of it? Take it they call it something else now is it the same as SE?

Like SE it is one of the old-school plans which were offered alongside red and green days. This is in the days before EE came along and I think the introduction of EE was why they stopped encouraging it, because whereas EE is quite simple, Mix2Max is a bit more complicated...

Basically you are allowed 3 'meals a day'. In between these meals you are allowed snacks but they must be neutral (I.e. free on both green and red days so this can include eggs, FF yogs, cottage cheese etc, as well as fruit and superfree veg).
The 3 meals you have must be either red or green.
You are allowed 2 HEXB's and 1 or 2 HEXA's.

So for example you could have:

Breakfast: Bacon sandwich (red) - HEXB1

Lunch: Tuna salad with cheese (red) - HEXA1

Dinner: Quorn chilli and rice (green)

Snacks: Fruit, HB eggs, cereal bar - HEXB2 (all neutral).

Hope that makes sense!

Back