Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Urgh, yeah hate it when the weather's like this! Just disovered those BGTY sausages, so great for the syns! Nowhere near me seems to sell the free LM ones so now given up looking for them! Much planned for your long weekend? Only 3 days to go :) X
They are great aren't they? A real sausage and such low syns. I used to have he WW ones but they weren't as nice as these. I picked up the LM ones in Sainsburys and I'm sure I've seen them in co-op - they're frozen in a box of 6. They really do taste like stuffing though, even hubby agreed! I don't mind that though, I love stuffing! We're having a family day out Friday. There's a local interactive science museum which holds a special toddler day once a month so we're going there, then lunch out somewhere followed by a trip to the bear factory for a treat! Although I think she'll end up choosing a my little pony rather than a bear! Can't wait x

Salt and pepper was nice but needs a bit of tweaking for next time - more garlic and salt and I might spend a couple of syns next time on making a bit of an egg white and cornflour 'batter' for the chicken. I'm also not sure if my ratio of chicken to everything else was quite right either (too much chicken)

It was yummy though and my fave Chinese dish is prawns with salt and chilli so I would really like to try and perfect this lol!
I also did way too much of my veg noodle stir fry to go with it so I have leftovers for lunch - yay!

Waiting for my bath to run then I'll have a nice decaf coffee to try and shift my headache. I think I've been drinking too much coffee and not enough water as it's been so cold, so I'll remember to take my fruit teas into work tomorrow - hydrate and stay warm!

Wednesday 12th Feb - EE/

Breakfast: Banana & FF Yog

Lunch: Leftover veggie noodles, and roasted veg (odd combo but it's what I had in the fridge!!)

Dinner: Tarka dal, with chickpea and chilli rice (out of one of the SW mags)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), Alpen lights (HEXB), apple, grapes, ham, HB egg, shortbread biccie (3.5syns), kitkat (5.5syns)

Total syns: 9 :eek:

Last edited:
A bonus that you got home early. :) That's a good idea with the batter for the chicken. I might have to try that. :)

Hope you have had a good day

x

A bonus that you got home early. :) That's a good idea with the batter for the chicken. I might have to try that. :) Hope you have had a good day x

Thanks. What I found was the chilli, garlic, spring onion mix seemed spot on before I added the chicken then the chicken obviously took a while to cook which meant the mix over cooked a little if that makes sense? Another option would be too par-cook the chicken first then finish it off at the end? It just needs tweaking as had great potential lol!

Dinner tonight was Tarka dal from one of the SW mags. It was really nice and served with chickpea and chilli rice. Lacked super free (even though it had tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms in the dal) but I didn't eat it all so not all bad :)

I've got my hot water bottle ready and I'm ready to chill out with a decaf coffee, and I might hunt down some choccy too! No syns yet today so a treat is deserved I think...

Yuck feeling rough this morning as I appear to have woken up with the headache I went to bed with :mad: I've just dosed myself up with tablets so hopefully it will clear. Not good on a Thursday when I'm in work until 7 for my Welsh lessons.

On the plus side today is really Friday for me as I'm off tomorrow. Here's to long weekends yay! ;)

Thursday 13th Feb - Green

Breakfast: WM Toast (HEXB1) & 'fried' eggs

Lunch: Alpen lights (HEXB2) and HB egg

Dinner: Jacket potato with beans and cheese (HEXA1)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA2), FF yog, banana, apple, grapes

Total syns: none planned

Last edited:
Sounds like a lovely weekend you've got planned :)

I also love stuffing. everywhere near me only ever seems to have the regular LM sausages (which I believe have syns) but not the red onion & rosemary. I live in hope that one day I'll find them!

Hope the welsh lesson goes well & you're not too exhausted when you get home!

X

Hello :)

Your food sounds lovely especially the Tarka Dhal!! Enjoy your long weekend, I am extremely jealous!

Your menu has been fab this week!

Ruth
Xx

Well I've felt rough all day, haven't managed to shake this headache, along with feeling really tired and a bit nauseous.

So I've skipped my welsh class this week in return for an early night and maybe another soak in the bath.

I am feeling quite proud of myself though, as I didn't really eat lunch I was getting quite hungry coming home and was really craving buttery toast with marmite (strange as I haven't had marmite for months) but instead I've heated up some of the Dahl and rice I didn't have lunchtime and I'm having that instead as a bit of a snack. If I'd have had the toast it would easily have blown the days syn allowance, so I'm quite proud of myself there.

Morning everyone!
I forgot to say I'm moving my weigh in to a Friday morning, only because I've got a couple of Friday things coming up over the next few weeks and I don't want them to ruin my Saturday losses.

And the good news is I weighed this morning and I'm down 2.5lbs! I'm so pleased, it's been quite frustrating he last couple of weeks so my hard work has paid off finally.

My goal is to lose a total of 2 stone, get down to 13st 7lb by my MILs wedding in August. So that's 26 weeks to lose 23lbs. Not that hard surely lol!

Right today is probably going to be completely off plan for lunch as we're going out, and dinner is the M&S valentines meal deal which isn't terrible but not great either...
Then back on it tomorrow! X

Thanks, we're back home now exhausted! Had a fab time though and food not so bad - ended up going to spoons so I had the sweet chilli noodles with chicken, it was really yummy too! So here is what my diary is and will look like today:

Breakfast: nothing!

Lunch: spoons - sweet chilli noodles with chicken

Dinner: coquilles st Jacques, followed by steak with peppercorn sauce, sautéed pots, veg. Then I got a choc mousse type thing for pud.

So one naughty meal isn't so bad!

Thank you. The chicken wasn't greasy at all so hadn't been cooked in any oil so I'm not too worried :)

I'm so pleased with my loss this week, it's made me so determined! I've just done the meal plan off the week with accompanying aldi shopping list for tomorrow morning. Come on we can do it!!

Meals next week will include:

Lunches:
Tuna spaghetti
Gammon, couscous & roasted veg
Quorn chilli & savoury rice

Dinners:
Beef casserole, new pots, veg
Gammon, egg, chips and veg
Ham and mushroom pasta with LF soft cheese
Burgers yumyum
Salt and pepper mixed seafood

Yumyum yum

No I don't worry about the chicken either. I've never had the noodles but I have had the chicken skinny burger with salad instead of chips and I'm sure the chicken is cooked the same. Yes we can do it. We are both doing really well, we can do this :) xx

It was really nice loads of veg too. I can see us going to wetherspoons more as they're so family friendly and so cheap! I'll have to go through the SW friendly dishes but the noodles were really good so I can see me having them again.

I'm going to accept I 'm going to lose slowly but I'm ok with that - at the end of the day I'm a full time working mum who's completely skint so I've got to do the best I can lol!

You're right though we can do it!!

Back