Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Oh wow Sarah your burgers look amazing. I just did my exercise challenge, my god I am shattered. I didn't realise how unfit I am!!xx

Confession - I didn't. I know it sounds ridiculous but I just didn't have the time tonight - I didn't get home til after 6 then had she'd loads of cooking to do as well as feeding and entertaining my daughter before bed. So I'm going to start tomorrow and do half in the morning and half in the evening, hopefully I'll be able to fit that in then.

Well done you, that's fab and it'll get easier the more you do it x

Confession - I didn't. I know it sounds ridiculous but I just didn't have the time tonight - I didn't get home til after 6 then had she'd loads of cooking to do as well as feeding and entertaining my daughter before bed. So I'm going to start tomorrow and do half in the morning and half in the evening, hopefully I'll be able to fit that in then.

Well done you, that's fab and it'll get easier the more you do it x

Never mind there is always tomorrow. I know it will get easier and it's stupid to say but my legs really ache, I need to get this lazy butt of mine kicked into shape :) xx

Now that's what I call a cheeseburger. Making my mouth water.

They were really good!! I mixed extra lean beef mince with grated onion then chucked in a bit of a random mix of seasoning - salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, chilli, then a bit of Diet ketchup and wholegrain mustard - worked out about half a syn per portion. Topped with "plastic cheese" ;) .
The only disappointment was the salad leaves - I had picked up a watercress, rocket and spinach mix and it was soooo peppery, way too strong for me. Must have been a super-strong batch of watercress.

Almost forgot to get dinner out of the freezer this morning, that would have been disasterous for my red day style meal plans!!
Another busy day ahead of me today in work, as usual counting down the days until the weekend when I can spend more time with my little monkey!!

Going to try and get out of work a bit earlier today so I can get home and do some exercise as I've got minimal cooking to do tonight compared to last night!

Tuesday 25th Feb - Mix2Max

Breakfast: FF yog and banana

Lunch (red): Stir fried veggies, with some leftover mince from last nights burger mix (made too much!!) cooked chicken and sweet chilli sauce - 2 syns

Dinner (green): jacket potato with beans and cheese (HEXB)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), Alpen light (HEXB), apple, satsuma, crisps (8 syns), Freddo (5 syns)

Total syns: 15 :-(

Last edited:
I know what you mean - I would love to work part time, either a 4 day week or shorter days (or both!) but we just can't afford it. I've no idea what we're going to do when our daughters in school - I think hubby will have to reduce his hours to cover the school run and I might change to long days and short days, we've got a while to think about that though!

I should be able to get away early, fingers crossed x

A lot of schools have before and after school clubs. I think ours starts at about 8am and after school finishes at 6pm which is really good, I've never had to use it but I know a few people who do. It might be worth looking into something like that nearer the time.xx

I have had a look into it and what will be her primary school do wrap around clubs from 7am til 6pm. I just don't know if I like the idea of her having to stay in school for such a long time. I think we'll use the before school breakfast club (saves having to worry about breakfast in the morning too!) but sort something out so she comes home after school - at least for 4 days out of 5 anyway. Hopefully by then my MIL may have reduced her hours as she's coming up to 60 so she may be able to help out too x

It is a juggling act that's for sure. I am lucky enough to have school admin job so get the hols off and OH can work flexitime so he drops them off and I pick them up as I finish at 1.30. When they were little I worked full time until no2came along then wasn't viable so I got a p/t job 3 nights per week. Started at 5.30 pm until 11.30pm. Did that until youngest started reception. You have to do what works for your family. Although I didn't earn loads, it made the difference between scraping by and living a little!

Oops had a little binge fest tonight. Most worrying thing was that it was for no particular reason at all - I got home and managed to consume 15syns very quickly in a bag of crisps and a Freddo. I was also incredibly close to ordering a Chinese but decided instead on comfort food of jacket potato with beans and cheese.
Don't know what happened tonight. It wasn't really a total blow out but I still feel incredibly guilty as I really wanted to stay off the carbs this week.
Anyway, cuppa now then bed as I'm shattered!

Hope you're all ok x

Thank you, I just annoy myself when I don't stick to my plan as I feel like such a disappointment.
But tomorrow is another day (when I'll be eating out and drinking cocktails - eek!) but another day nonetheless xx

Hey Hun. Hope your ok, those burgers you made look gorge. Well done on not ordering the Chinese, that's really good.

Fingers crossed for WI.

Xx

Hi,

Sorry I haven't updated for a couple of days, had really busy days at work so just not had the chance!

Unfortunately I stayed the same at weigh in, but I haven't stuck to plan completely so should probably be pleased I didn't have a gain...

Wednesday I had my team meal so I had some ryvitas and light cheese triangles for lunch, before our meal at 4. It was really good but as it's a traditional Brazilian, the meat just keeps on coming so I was stuffed by the end of it, and drank plenty of red wine too!

Thursday I had an important meeting all morning, then my friends funeral in the afternoon. So I had WM Toast for brekkie (slight hangover from night before!), a ham sandwich with WM bread for lunch before the funeral. Then the funeral totally exhausted me. I didn't really know what to expect as I've only been to two before - my grandad's and my mum's and as such I've blocked the memories of them from my mind so wasn't even really sure what happens if that makes sense. It was also a bit surreal as practically the whole of my old office was there even though we haven't seen each other for over 2 years. It was packed and really warm so meant I was stood for over half an hour in uncomfortable heels with a coat on getting warmer and warmer so felt quite rough by the end of it. The service was beautiful and very personal as he had been ill for a few years so it was obviously well planned.
So getting home at 6 with a pounding headache and feeling exhausted meant I couldn't be bothered cooking so the takeaway menus came out. We have a nando's type piri piri chicken place, so I had a chicken salad with a few fries and EL Mayo. Could be worse I suppose but not a great idea the night before weigh in.

And today I woke up with a cold too which probably explains yesterdays headache. On the plus side my 'do-gooding' for the day was volunteering for over 2 hours selling daffodils for Marie Curie. It was freezing and I couldn't feel my toes by the end of it but hopefully we raised lots and lots of money for a very good cause!

Hope you're all ok xx

Friday 28th Feb - EE

Breakfast: FF Yog

Lunch: Tuna and bean salad bowl

Dinner: Scallops and chorizo spaghetti, with EV Olive oil (HEXB & 4 syns) and I might have some cheeky crusty bread as it's Friday ;)

Snacks etc: Apple

Back