Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Tuesday 8th April - Success Express

Breakfast: Fruit as yesterday and FF yog

Lunch: Salmon (1/3) salad (2/3)

Dinner: Cheese (HEXA1), leek, mushroom and tomato risotto (1/3), roasted beetroot and BNS (2/3)

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA2),

Total syns: TBC

Morning all,
Well the snack monster attacked last night and I ended up eating 2 hot cross buns! This is why I shouldn't have anything naughty in the house... I'm hoping my lack of general food and the fact I didn't have any HEXBs yesterday will counteract it.

Feeling a lot better today but my nose is really full up which is quite annoying, and will be especially annoying during the 3 hour meeting I have this morning. But I feel a bit more energetic and not like I'm going to collapse after a short walk! My darling daughter decided 5am was a really good get up time for the 2nd day in a row, which I wouldn't mind so much except I have to get up at 5am tomorrow for an early morning train to North Wales, and I know she'll sleep in!

Started to think a bit more about holidays and trips we've got coming up... for Easter (next week!) we're travelling to the Isle of Wight to see my dad. We're going Thursday to Sunday. Then on the 2nd May (only 3 weeks away!), we've got our holiday - a week in a caravan near Exmouth. I can't wait! Neither of these trips are going to be good for the diet though, so I'm just hoping the weather is good so we can get out and about and have lots of exercise.

I need to start organising myself and thinking about things to take with us though...

Good morning hun,
Glad you are feeling a bit better. There must be something in the air this morning, I was up really early as well.
I hope you have a fab time with your dad next week, food may be a bit tricky but it's a holiday and you will have a couple of weeks to get back on it before you holiday in May. It's good to have things to look forward to. It keeps me really motivated diet wise if I have holidays booked :)
Hope you have a good day and your meeting doesn't drag too much.xx

Morning everyone, I'm en route to a meeting in north wales this morning and feeling sleepy! I'll be spending about 8 hours on a train today so I've got the new slimming world and good food mags to read as well as making my meal planner for next week and my weekends shopping list. I had to buy breakfast this morning and opted for a golden syrup porridge pot, not ideal I know but better than a bacon bap I'm sure! Plus I've got my lunch packed too so I shouldn't be tempted by any naughties...

Hope you're all ok x

Sorry I've been a bit absent, I've really not been well this week with this cold/cough/throat thing.
So I can admit I haven't really been following the diet completely but at the same time I think I've been eating less (of the wrong things) as my appetite hasn't been great. I also haven't been doing any of my walking or stairs as my energy levels are minimal.

Anyway I'm pleased to report a 1lb loss this week which I'm pleased with, if I had a steady 1lb loss every week I would be a very happy bunny.

Hopefully I'll manage to get another 1lb this week (I'll be weighing Thursday morning), as I'm visiting my dad for Easter and it'll be really hard to restrict myself when we're there, but I'll try my best! At the moment I just really want to stay below the 15lb mark... and with our caravan holiday coming up in 3 weeks I need to give myself more room!

I'm in a heavy all-day meeting today so that should make the day go quickly, but I will be enjoying a buffet, I'll just try and limit how much I have... HM burgers and SW chips for tea. Yummy!

Hope you're all ok, I promise I'll have a proper catch up tonight with everyone's diaries x

Good morning, not sure how it's Monday again!
I'm still feeling pretty poorly which I'm not best pleased about as it meant I couldn't enjoy yesterday's sunshine as much as I would have liked.
We did spend a couple of hours in the Brecon Beacons yesterday morning which little miss loved - it's so nice to be able to get outside in the sunshine with her!

Food-wise has not been great I have to admit. Not appalling but certainly not great. We did have a lovely beef dinner yesterday though, but I did make proper gravy and proper yorkies to go with.
I had a cheeky sneaky weigh in this morning though and I'm still 14st 12lb so that's a relief!
Going to try and work a lot harder this week as I really have been slacking off... and Easter weekend is going to be close to a write off so I need to have a super-good 3 days!

Monday 14th April - EE

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette and cheese (half HEXA)

Lunch: Lentil, BNS and sweet potato salad

Dinner: Beef stir fry and noodles, sweet chilli sauce (1.5syns)

Snacks: Milk in coffees (half HEXA)

Syns: TBC

hey hun - thought I would subscribe as our stats are similar and I need some motivation and new ideas for meals :) xx

Hi Ellebear, I remember you from when I was a minimins addict before having my daughter in 2011. Did you have a little girl too?

It's definitely much harder to do this being a mum, I find it's a combination of being much more selfish with your time, feeling guilty (or too tired) chopping veg for hours on end! And also being out and about on weekends it's sometimes so much easier going for the naughtier option, particularly on the go.

But I'm happy with my losses being slow as I'm not letting it take over my life which I think is right.

Uh oh have succumbed to takeaway tonight - but I've gone for a noodle bar option of prawn noodles and sweet chilli sauce, better than chips surely!

Hope you're having a nice evenin x

Hi Ellebear, I remember you from when I was a minimins addict before having my daughter in 2011. Did you have a little girl too? It's definitely much harder to do this being a mum, I find it's a combination of being much more selfish with your time, feeling guilty (or too tired) chopping veg for hours on end! And also being out and about on weekends it's sometimes so much easier going for the naughtier option, particularly on the go. But I'm happy with my losses being slow as I'm not letting it take over my life which I think is right. Uh oh have succumbed to takeaway tonight - but I've gone for a noodle bar option of prawn noodles and sweet chilli sauce, better than chips surely! Hope you're having a nice evenin x

Yes i have a 19 month old,,,,she is called Isabel. Light of my life.

Well done on the good choices xxx

Hope your having a good day and feeling better. I've for a cold at the moment. It's being back at work in the office, I get rid off one and get another one. Xx

Hi,
I'm still feeling rough I'm afraid, docs appointment this afternoon as I was up all night coughing. And if it is anything I want to get it sorted before going away tomorrow.

Had a lovely day yesterday - spent the day walking, taking a look at an old railway line we might be looking at reopening. It was a gorgeous day for it too but I have caught the sun slightly (oops!). We had lunch in a community cafe and I picked fairly well with a ham and mushroom omelette and jacket potato and salad, but then for tea we ended up having fish and chips out of the freezer so not a good choice at all!

I'm going to weigh tomorrow morning as I'm away for the weekend, and at the moment I'm really hoping for a STS...

Anyway I've got work this morning, then docs early afternoon, then I'll work from home for a couple of hours, before the mad rush to pack before leaving early tomorrow morning.

If I don't manage to get back on, hope you all have fab easter weekends xx

Hope you feel better soon and the dr gives you something to help.

Hope you have a fab weekend and get the result you want tomorrow on the scales xx

Hi everyone, hope you all had wonderful Easters!!

We had an absolutely wonderful time visiting my dad on the Isle of Wight, Bella was wonderful all weekend, no tantrums, she slept really well and even gave us some lie ins! It was so wonderful to spend some quality time with her and it makes me sad to have to go back to only having 2 hours a day with her. Never mind, we've got our next holiday coming up next Friday (2nd May) so not long at all! Then we get 10 whole days together yay!

I weighed just before we went on Thursday and I got a STS which I'm happy with, and I also sneaked a weigh in on Monday morning and I'm still the same (a miracle after the weekend I think!!).

So my plan this week was to do a fishy week to try and get me a loss, even if just 0.5lbs. It started off well yesterday until my MIL dropped off a beef dinner for us!! So fishy week starts today!
I'm also aiming to try and do it next week too but I may be out all day Monday & Tuesday next week with an overnight stay and it's fully catered so could be a challenge. We'll see!

I'm feeling a lot better too - while we were away I did a lot of horrible gargling of TCP and salt water and I think it blasted it away as I'm coughing a lot less in the nights so it's definitely on its way out. Trouble is hubby has managed to catch it now and he's got pretty bad asthma so it's hit his chest harder.

Anyway back to work today, but only a 4 day week! And I'm out Wednesday and Thursday so I can see the week flying by...

Hope you are all well and back into SW after choccie weekend!! xx

Tuesday 22nd April - EE/Fishy Week

Breakfast: Strawberries and grapes with FF yoghurt

Lunch: Salmon salad

Dinner: Mediterranean cod and spinach, with roasted new pots and asparagus (maybe a syn for olives)

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA), Alpen lights (HEXB), banana

Total syns: TBC

Back