Sarah83's New Diary

Morning all.

Well I did the very very naughty thing and stood on the scales this morning and guess what? I'm bloody 2lb up :mad:
Not happy at all - this is why I hate weighing mid-week. Just got to hope that it miraculously disappears (with a few extra) by Saturday.
Going to try and keep my syns below 10 each day until then to try and help scare those lbs away!

Tried watching the Biggest Loser last night. Never seen it before but couldn't handle it - I just think sometimes you can push people too far and you can really damage yourself if you go from a sedentary lifestyle to that much intensive exercise - surely the drastic change would put a lot of strain on your heart? I understand that the whole point is to get the weight off fast but I think it would be much safer if they were eased in slightly more gently... So anyway I won't be watching that again!

ALSO looks like the post office tried delivering my choccies... so I'll pick them up on Saturday :D

Wednesday 12th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast - HEXB
Tinned cherry tomatoes
1 tsp Clover light - 1 syn

Lunch:
Leftover salad from last night
Roasted peppers and onions

Dinner:
Beef chilli - 2 syns
Rice
Cheese - HEXA

Snacks/Drinks:
Coffees x 3 - 3 syns
Water
SF squash
Pineapple
Apple
Pear
Grapes

Total Syns: 6
Exercise: none

Last edited:
I watched the last half of the Biggest Loser last night and agree with you - it's rubbish! I also think it's not going to make any of the contestants ENJOY exercise, which surely is the key to leading a more active life and doing regular exercise to stay healthy. I know what I'd do if I spent a day with someone shouting at me how pathetic I am - go home and eat a bit fat bar of chocolate to comfort myself. Grrr.
They're not going to emerge with any understanding of how to continue their losses alongside a normal life either because it's such an artificial environment and it makes weight loss a full-time job.

Oh, some good news, I found myself a sale bargain!! Got these boots coming sometime in the next week - still expensive but they are gorgeous... and an investment :whistle:

MADEIRA teal suede over knee calf fit boots

Wowee they are stunning. A gorgeous colour too and very sexy!

And how amazing that you can add your calf size... that's always my problem with boots, I didn't even realise anywhere did that.

And although they're pretty expensive still - what an amazing bargain! Definately an investment :D
Guess that makes up for your lack of sales shopping!!

Agree with you completely on Biggest Loser - there is NO way they could maintain afterwards.

Jodie Pendegrast (or whatever her name is from BBC1's You Could Be Nancy) won a really old series of Biggest Loser - if you haven't seen it, have a search for the pics- I don't like Biggest Loser until a few episodes in once you lose some competitors and you get your favourites and the dirty tactics begin. Jody is living proof that you cannot maintain that level of exercise in life

Gutted you were out when the chocolate man came, how could you do that to me!!!

5 months is still honeymoon period, it will happen, relax

donnajt said:
Gutted you were out when the chocolate man came, how could you do that to me!!!

I think you're more excited than me! Haven't told hubby - it's a surprise!

Thursday 13th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Scrambled eggs
Syn free onion chutney
1 tsp Clover Lighter - 1 syn

Lunch:
Asda chickpea dahl
Rice

Dinner:
Tesco HL sausages - 2 syns
Mash (made with hexa milk and a laughing cow deli light)
Peas, carrots & green beans
Syn free onion chutney

Snacks/Drinks:
Coffees x 2 - HEXA
Water
SF Squash
Pineapple
Apple
Large glass wine - 8 syns

Syns: 11

Exercise: Train home so 1.5miles walking...

Last edited:
Lots of curry today! Sounds nice though, let me know how the slow cooker sachet thing goes, I may invest in a couple! Are they a lot of syns?

Lots of curry today! Sounds nice though, let me know how the slow cooker sachet thing goes, I may invest in a couple! Are they a lot of syns?

It's gorgeous - I made it back in December so it's come out the freezer for tonight! I think the sachet was about 5 syns to serve 4. But instead of breasts, I jointed a whole chicken so ended up making a good 6 portions - so less than 1 syn each.
I thought it was really tasty - quite creamy so there's obviously something in the sachet to do that. You could easily use it with other meats or even veggies too.

Oh and I didn't even twig that I was having curry twice - lol! Just wanted something easy for lunch today as we haven't got much in so lazy lunch out of a tin, with rice leftover from last night it is!

Well I changed my mind completely tonight - really wanted comfort food so settled on good ole sausage and mash - yum!
Curry can wait until tomorrow.

And how could I resist the wine sale in coop? £3 for a bottle of Chilean Chardonnay !
It's not so bad as I had a large glass tonight with hubby leaving a large glass for me to have tomorrow ah it's all good! Although I did go over my 10 syn limit by 1

Thanks. The mash was really nice actually - King Edward potatoes mixed with just some milk, then the blue cheese Laughing Cow deli lights - gave it a really nice flavour and hubby even liked it without butter!
Can't beat a bit of comfort food x

Friday 14th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Toasted sandwich made with WM Nimble, filled with cheese (half HEXA) & cherry toms
Syn free onion chutney

Lunch:
Pasta
Salad veggies - red pepper, spring onion, cherry toms
Hard boiled egg
Sausage - 1 syn
EL Mayo - 1 syn

Dinner:
Chicken curry - 1 syn
Rice
Tomato, cucumber & onion salad

Snacks/Drinks:
Water
SF Squash
Coffees x 1 (Half HEXA)
Wine - 8 syns

Pineapple
Apple
Pear

Total Syns: 11 planned (and will be stuck to)

Exercise: Hoping to get on my EA Active today and will pop into town lunchtime if it's dry

Oh I'd happily have wine over chocolate any day...
Well no chance of my lunchtime walk - the weather is HORRENDOUS - can just hear it hammering down on the windows at work.

I'm trying to plan out my food plan for next week and got a couple of things coming up over the weekend and next week... (beware - ramble alert :blahblah:)

Tomorrow - going to take our kitty back to the vets to check if his hyperactive thyroid tablets are working. Discovered the best way for him to have his tablets is squidged in the middle of some corned beef - everything else he manages to spit it back out. Not corned beef though!
So that'll be an expensive one - £120 for the blood test and another £23 for a months worth of tablets :eek:

Then I'm out tomorrow night for a friends birthday. We're going here:
http://www.cote-restaurants.co.uk
I really want to try and be good so was going to go for the tuna nicoise as everything else seems to be covered in butter or cream :(
Starters-wise there isn't really much on there & they're quite pricy, so probably go for a naughty option of Pissaladière with olives and anchovies. I'll have wine with the meal, diet coke after...
Sunday's a nice chilled out day.

Then next week I'm away in Birmingham on Tuesday, so will have a lunchtime buffet to contend with, but having a Tesco shopping delivery Tuesday night so will have loads of food in yay! Should be home nice and early too as the meeting's due to finish at 3.30.

Then Wednesday we're going to a cheese and cider night at our local - going green that day and saving all my HEX - a's and b's for cheese! Will avoid the bread and meats and stick with salad bits and some olives. Also I'll stay on diet coke.

So next week I'm going to go Extra Easy at the weekend but then go green/red in the week - I weighed again this morning and it's now showing a 1lb gain so I'm not holding out any hope for a loss this week now - will be lucky if I only get a STS. Never mind... miracles do happen!

If I don't lose next week then I'm going to have to go down the fishy week or success express route...

donnajt said:
BTW what sachet did you use for the curry?

One of the new Schwartz slow cooker sachets... The chicken curry one surprise surprise!
They do a sausage and bean casserole one too which is really good - I made it with tesco healthy living sausages.

Back