Sarah83's New Diary

Good morning everyone!

Well firstly confession time - clearly doing 100% all week was just a bit beyond doable for me !! So after eating no lunch and resisting chocolate at work, we decided to hit our local after work and I proceeded to get very drunk and eat pizza :rolleyes:

So drum roll please... after doing 100% for 5 days out of 7 and concentrating on making sure I had plenty of superfree at each meal and lots of speedy foods... I have managed to lose:
3.5lbs!!!!

I'm over the moon with that as it brings me down into the 13s yay. I feel totally determined now and I think this was the kick up the bum I needed to get me totally motivated again... so onto planning this week now - am going to try for as many 100% days as I can and still try and eat plenty of speed foods although not sure if it'll be 10 a day again...

I have some friends coming over for dinner tonight so have to get the house cleaned and not looking like a jumble sale :rolleyes:
I'm going to cook Chicken Cacciatore adapted from Jamie's Italy book - although tbh it doesn't really need much adaptation - just skinning the chicken and using frylight instead of oil. There's wine in the sauce but I'm keeping that and synning it ;)
Now shall I make dessert...

Just been through all my losses looking at how I've done on a month by month basis and added to my sig. Interesting for me to see where I've only really had a handful of good months - some have been awful with me putting on through the month... well I'm determined now to try and lose half a stone a month, at least until I'm preggers (which hopefully won't be that far away lol)

Thanks honey, I'm so pleased!!!
I think I might do a fruity jelly - and serve ice cream with it for everyone else...

Saturday 6th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast: Mugshot

Lunch: half pack fridge raiders - 2syns?

Dinner:
Chicken cacciatore - 1.5 syns for wine
Roasted potatoes, parsnips & carrots - HEXB for oil
2 small pieces crusty bread & butter - 7 syns?
SF Jelly with berries and Total 0% - 1 syn

Snacks etc:
Wine: 16

Total syns: About 27.5

Total speed: 4

Last edited:
Had a lovely night last night - and the chicken cacciatore was stunning!
And I know a lot of SWers enjoy fry-lighted roast veg but in future I am DEFINITELY saving my HEX for olive oil to roast with - it makes such a difference. Did parsnips, potatoes and carrots with some cloves of garlic and rosemary yum yum yum
Oh... but I did drink a bit more wine than planned :eek:
I know I went over my syns but tbh I did much better than a normal Saturday so I'm happy with that :p

We also had a massive tidy up and our lounge now looks lovely!! Unfortunately we just transfered everything to our spare room so a mega sort out is now needed, just not sure if I have the inclination to do it today!

I also tried on a few old clothes and yay most of the 16s fit!!

Which dress???

Well I ordered 5 dresses from Dorothy Perkins to choose from for my xmas party... 3 were in the sale and 2 weren't. Typically the 2 non-sale dresses are my faves!! Just need to decide between them now...

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=1962773&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=2070706&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=

Decisions decisions.
I've got some glittery gold heels which I'll probably wear with either dress, but I need to decide which one to pick...

Oh - and all the dresses were 16s and they all fitted :D

Sunday 7th November - Green

Breakfast:
WM toast (HEXB)
Beans
Cheese (HEXA)

Lunch:
Minestrone
Pecorino - part HEXA

Dinner:
Quorn sausages
WM roll (HEXB)
SF onion chutney
Ketchup - 2syns
Potato wedges

Snacks etc:
Satsuma
Apple
Choc attack (through the day - not all at once!):
Chomp - 2.5syns
Curly wurly - 3 syns
choc werthers - 1 syn
crunchie - 4 syns
fudge - 3 syns

Total Syns: 15.5

Total Speed: 8

Last edited:
Well done for your fantastic loss. You seem to be on a high at the minute and very determined, keep that in mind and if you do lose focus one day, bring yourself back to how you felt when you saw that 3.5 lbs loss or fitted in those gorgeous dresses.
I think they're both really nice but I prefer the bustier one. However, I know I personally wouldn't feel 100% comfortable in a bustier dress so if you're planning on doing lots of dancing maybe the other one might be more practical! In any case, you should show us a photo once you've made up your mind.
As for the chicken cacciatore, have you got the recipe please? I've done a SW chicken cacciatore once (from magazine) which was delicious but I wonder how the Jamie Oliver one is.
For dessert, when I want to be good, I do Eton mess with O% fat Greek yogurt instead of cream, you can't actually tell the difference.

Thanks Hun. I've posted the recipe in the recipe forum-don't know how to put a link in though as on hubby's itouch!

I'm going to have to try the dresses on again and make a decision

I am feeling really determined, I've been taking it too slow and it's about time I started trying harder lol

Happy Monday everyone! Had a bit of a choc attack yesterday!! Don't know what it is about Sunday's but I'm always hungry all day... never mind only went half a syn over which I'll pull back in no time.

This week I'm going to keep on trying to have as many speed foods as possible - a minimum of 8 (not sure if I can do 10 again this week!) and trying some more new meals on top of the cacciatore I made on Saturday:

• Leek and mushroom risotto (made with dried porcini and some fresh garlic mushrooms)
  • Corned beef hash - 2 syns for the corned beef
  • Rosemary & garlic lamb meatballs
  • Butternut squash mash to go with some Tesco HL sausages
Next week will be a different story - it's time to start eating through the freezer again... !

Monday 8th November - Green

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Beans

Lunch:
Minestrone

Dinner:
Leek & Mushroom risotto 1.5 syns for flora light
HEXB used for pecorino

rice pud with HEXA of milk mmmm....

Snacks etc
Melon
2 satsumas

Total Syns: 1.5

Total Speed: 9

Last edited:
Heya. Both dresses are lovely, but if it was me, I would go for the maxi strapped one, less likely to fall down when you do the YMCA :D
But I'm sure both will look fabby :)

Had a low low syn day yesterday which means I've made up for my extras at the weekend! :D

Really really hope I can stick to it this week now... I would LOVE to lose 2.5lbs and get my 2stone shiny.

So I'm truly sticking at it - there's nothing planned to sabotage my plans... :cross:

So super speed foods and plenty of superfree at every meal!!
Those 2.5lbs will be mine no longer!!

Oh and I showed some of the girls at work photos DH took me in the two xmas party dress choices and they've all gone for the bustier one!!

Tuesday 9th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast
Sardines in tom sauce
Cherry tomatoes

Lunch:
SW quiche made with eggs, FF cottage cheese (with onions and chives). With leek, peppers, ham.
Topped with HEXA of RF cheese and sliced toms.

Yay quiche success - was really tasty!

Dinner:
Chinese:
Chicken Chow mein- 3 syns
Chicken in oyster sauce - 4.5syns
Semase prawn toast- 3.5syns
Boiled rice

Snacks:
Apple
Melon
Milk for coffee-1syn

Total syns: 12

Total Speed: 9

Last edited:
So have you settled for the bustier dress then? I bet you'll look gorgeous in it...and looking at your menus and your determination lately, if you continue like this you'll fit in the size 14 by Christmas x

Thanks Hun, I still haven't decided on the dress lol. Won't be sending the rest back until Saturday so got until then to decide. Would just love to be a comfy 16 by Xmas where I can just go into any shop and a 16 will fit!

So impressed tonight- decided to have a Chinese and came in at 11 syns! And I weighed the portions too so I know it's definitely right yay and I'm totally stuffed too
Yay slimming world

Back