Sarah83's New Diary

Hmm lost the plot a bit last night :eek:
It's really a good job we don't tend to keep crap in the house as I had serious munchies at 9pm. Settled for a cheese and olive WM pitta toastie... could have been so much worse.

Really determined now - that's my first blow out in over a week and considering I ate 'fairly' well, it's shocking how quickly the syns add up...

After the weekend I only have 56 syns left for the week :eek:
Not sure I'll stay within that TBH

So minimal syns today and Tuesday, and I really will try to be good on Wednesday/Thursday when I'm away, it's just so much more difficult when you're not in control!!
Plus have to decide where we're going to go for dinner on Friday night (no doubt decision will be based on whatever restaurant have special offers on vouchercodes websites!!)
Chances are it will be Italian. So I'm going to go syn and HEX free all day and save it up for then!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend

Monday 15th November - Red

Breakfast:
Weetabix oaty bar (HEXB)

Lunch:
Chicken salad

Dinner:
Something with king prawns, perhaps sweet chilli stir fry or curry...
BNS Chips
Veggies
WM Pitta if I have a HEXB left still

Snacks etc:
Melon

Edit - was fine until after lunch then it all started to go wrong... and dinner never happened

Last edited:
Thinking turkey lasagne will now be turkey bolognese as I don't really want to spend any syns on the cheese sauce!!

When I've made lasagne I only put the cheese sauce on the top, not in between layers, which reduces the quantity you need to use.
Once I just spread fromage frais on top then grated lots of cheese on top, which is free apart from HexAs. The second time I made a SW cheese sauce with milk, bit of cornflour and cheese which was nicer but more HexAs and syns for the flour...
I'm no good at making a proper cheese sauce so both of those were good options for me!! :)
I love lasagne, I reckon I could out-eat Garfield! Can't find turkey mince in any of my local supermarkets though...

I've bought some Bisto cheese sauce granules. They're 1 syn for 50mls made up (directions are for 250mls), they're pretty good as you make up the mix with water rather than milk (dead easy) so you can save your HEXA for more cheese on the top.
I'm not that fussed on going down the FF fromage frais/nat yoghurt/quark route... tends to go a bit grainy
I LOVE lasagne too so if I'm going to do it I really want to do it properly... with lots of melted cheese and proper sauce! Mmmm maybe I will still have it, making myself hungry now!

I've found turkey mince in Tesco, and also in M&S - worth a look?

Ok yesterday was a bad day. You'll be pleased to hear that there was no wine involved... but there was chocolate, and there was pizza. :cry:

We shall speak no more of it and the line has been drawn

I know it's a wimp out but depending on how I'm feeling I may take a 'holiday' from weighing this Saturday.
I really don't want to lose my 2 stone shiny and I've got nothing to sabotage my plans next week whereas this weeks a bit trickier. I'm going to see how I feel.

Tuesday 16th November - Green

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Beans

Lunch:
Pot Noodle mugshot
Veg crudites - cherry toms, carrot sticks, celery sticks

Dinner:
Turkey bolognese (HEXB)
Spaghetti
Cheese (HEXA)

Snacks etc:
Pear
Whispa - 11 syns
Time out - 4 syns

Total Syns: 15 (so much for minimal syns!)

Remembered I won't actually have time to make the lasagne as we're going for a drink at 7 (diet coke for me!) with my MIL and SIL before they jet off to New York on Thursday (not jealous at all!!)
Luckily the bolognese is ready made and defrosting as we speak so minimal effort

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the pizza. Well, and a little bit jealous to be honest!
Skipping a WI could be a slippery slope, but if you are sure it won't lead to a 'sod it, I'll eat it, I've got 10 days to make it up' week then go for it :)
You must be a stronger woman than me ;)

Hmm that's what I'm worried about a bit.
BUT I've planned in a fishy week starting Saturday and I'm pretty sure I'll stick to it all of next week. This week I was going to struggle anyway to be 100% as I'm away Wednesday & Thursday, plus meal out on Friday, so may just mean I'm under slightly less pressure.
I don't know... I might see how the next few days go and decide from there.
I'm not that strong - honest!

:( sorry you had a pizza binge, but also somewhat jealous too! The line has been drawn, jump over it, then turn round and scowl at it! x

Don't worry too much about the pizza, as you said, you've drawn the line and you can get back on track. If I were you though I would weigh in on Saturday, because not getting weighed might give you an excuse to go off track, especially if you've got lots of things planned testing your willpower. Maybe you could make it a "not counting" weigh in, ie: you get weighed so that you know where you're at but you don't write it in your diary / signature...?

[QUOTE="]Maybe you could make it a "not counting" weigh in, ie: you get weighed so that you know where you're at but you don't write it in your diary / signature...?[/QUOTE]

That's a really good idea, maybe I'll do that - I don't the risk of losing my shiny!

woohoo I'm in my hotel room in Leeds and I can log on as all rooms have imacs with internet access!!
Love it!! It's the City Inn by the way... now where did that room service menu get to...

Haha, brilliant!

Mmmm, room service, comfy bed and TV all to yourself - joys!

Don't forget to 'acquire' the shampoos etc! :D

Unfortunately no bath to soak in though :-(
Never mind I had a nice shower, just need to see what I can watch on TV now... although I do have Twilight to read too
Yes I will be acquiring the shampoo... as well as the coffees and teas!!

Back on Track...

Well I'm back on track today - 100%

Last few days haven't been great, but not really terrible...

Watched Harry Potter at the cinema last night and as it was THE film of the year :rolleyes: I did treat myself to popcorn, sweeties and some diet coke - all shared with DH of course. And we did go out for dinner afterwards: Had 2 glasses of wine, scallops rockerfeller for starter, and mussels for main. With some chips :eek:

I did my sneaky weigh in this morning. I'm not recording it but I have put on 2lb - completely deserved :eek:

This week I am having a fishy week - every day for 2 meals a day. Have planned some tasty treats so hopefully won't get bored.

Had to take our kitty to the vets today - he's had a dry cough for the last few weeks - like a hairball but without bringing anything up.
He had blood tests and they showed that he has a hyperthyroid - meaning his thyroid is enlarged. Got to go back for some medicine on Monday and he might have to be on tablets for the rest of his life :(
Cost £108 for the tests today, god knows how much the medicine will cost :eek:

Fishy Week - Day 1

Saturday 20th November - EE

Breakfast:
Leftover sweeties from last night :eek: 5 syns
Didn't have time for anything as rushing to sort our kitty out for the vets

Lunch:
Prawn salad
M&S Citrus chilli dressing - 0.5 syns

Dinner:
Tuna marinated in soy, ginger, garlic, chilli & sesame oil
Stir fried veggie noodles.
Sesame oil - 2 syns
Honey - 0.5

Snacks etc:
Seafood sticks
Wine tonight for x factor - 12 syns
Activia Intensely - strawberry - 2.5

Total Syns: 22.5

Total speed: 4 :mad:

Exercise: 2hrs walking
(to and from vets & round town shopping)

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed the film, but poor kitty! How is he today? Expensive little critters ain't they? Mine is currently sat on me...

Back