Sarah83's New Diary

He's ok... But then again he's been fine in himself, just coughing every so often. Anyway will pick up his meds tomorrow which will hopefully start to clear it. We were so proud of him though-he was really well behaved especially considering we had to walk him the half hour trip to and from!

Completely miserable today-I'm full up with a cold AGAIN, I only had one a few weeks ago. Yuck. So lots of echinacea tea for me to help ease my head, nose, chest and aches

Just sitting tight waiting for my tesco delivery to come and going to reread Harry p again now I've seen the movie

Fishy Week - Day 2

Sunday 21st November - EE

Breakfast:
WM bread (hexb)
Scrambled eggs
Light spread- 1 syn

Lunch:
Tuna fishcakes: Mash, tuna, spring onion, chilli, EL mayo - 0.5syns
Salad
Sweet chilli sauce - 0.5 syns

Dinner:
Creamy fish pie made from cod, smoked haddock and prawns, topped with mash.
Also in pie was carrot, leek & spinach
Bisto cheese sauce - 3 syns

Snacks etc:
Danone activia intensely lemon - 2.5 syns
SF crisps (not considering these to be food abuse as I only used one small potato and I don't eat them very often)
Olives - 1 syn
RF Cheddar - half HEXA
Pickled onions & gherkins
Treat size Fudge - 3 syns
Milk for coffee & mash - other half HEXA

Total syns: 11.5

Total speed: 8

Last edited:
Thanks hun. I feel a lot better now thanks - head and chest have both cleared. Still snotty though!
Currently chilling out watching Red Dragon after scoffing the yummy tuna fishcakes. Although I do need to get used to the baby Thai chillies I got yesterday - have managed to make two head-blowing spicy meals now lol!! Good for clearing congestion though...

Hope you'll feel better soon. I've had a bad cold for a week now and it's turning into bad cough! Hope yours won't turn this way.
Good luck for your fishy week too!

Hope you'll feel better soon. I've had a bad cold for a week now and it's turning into bad cough! Hope yours won't turn this way.
Good luck for your fishy week too!

No cough but it's all on my chest - feels really heavy and finding it hard to catch my breath.
Going to struggle through today. Finishing a bit early so I can pick up my kitty's tablets, then I think I'll take the rest of the week off if I feel the same.

Fishy week - so far so good. Fish pie was gorgeous - and syns ended up not being so bad as I made 3 portions rather than 2... the Bisto cheese sauce mix is really nice. Directions to serve 4 make up 250ml & 220 cals or 11syns. So split between 4 would be less than 3 syns so not so bad.

Fishy Week - Day 3

Monday 22nd November - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast
Tinned cherry tomatoes (mmm so much nicer than tinned plum tomatoes)
1 tsp Clover light - 1 syn

Lunch:
Pasta
Smoked salmon
Veggies: Spinach, Red onion, yellow pepper
Tesco EL soft cheese garlic & herb - 1.5 syns
Total 0%

Dinner:
Paella:
Rice
Prawns and mussels
Chorizo - 2.5 syns
Veggies - pepper, onion, green beans, peas

Snacks etc:
Seafood sticks
Green & Blacks mini bar - 4 syns

Total Syns: 9 (yay pulled back Saturday's now)

Total Speed: 7

Last edited:
Your fishy week sounds good! I had visions of like a whole fish for every meal, which wouldn't be much fun! Hope you feel better real soon, everyone seems to be poorly with this bug going round. For once, I feel fine!

Argh - don't jinx yourself!

No I couldn't be doing with whole 'proper' fish every meal so sticking to what I like - mainly seafood tbh. Although last time I did a fishy week I managed 4 whole days then completely caved and went for a meat-a-licious carvery!!
Hopefully should stick at it this time...

Hi Sarah, Sorry to read you've been feeling poorly, and even sorrier about Mr. Kitty. Although I do always have a sneaky chuckle at my kitty when he starts the whole coughing-up-a-hairball thing. But because he's either really gross or cares about the carpet (I think he's a bit gross) he re-swallows the hairball instead of yakking it on the carpet, then sits there licking his chops. Yuck!
Good luck with your fishy week :)

Well that's what we thought he was doing as he was coughing then swallowing, but the vet knew straight away what it was. Picked up his tablets today-luckily they're small as you can't crush them!
Mmm just had the paella-was Devine

Hope my kitty doesn't have a thyroid problem then... but it's only once every few weeks that he'll do it so I guess he is just re-swallowing hairballs! :)

You should be fine then - ours was doing it at least 2 times a night - and that was just when we were home.
Hairballs - yuck!
Luckily the tablets are tiny and hubby managed on second attempt to get him to take it this morning. Got to keep that up twice a day for the next month now!

Well I've officially given up and I'm home in bed with the lurgy. My chest is really tight and I'm starting to get a bit more of a cough. On the plus side my nose is clearing - which was heaven last night when I could actually taste the paella!!
So I've emailed a load of bits and pieces into work to make sure they get done and I'm going to make a significant dent into Harry Potter no.7 (again)

Fishy week - day 4

Tuesday 23rd November - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Pot noodle in a mug - terrible I know but didn't have the energy to make anything else. Trouble is it clearly wasn't enough as my tummy is now grumbling at me!

Brunch:
Bowl of Heinz sweet chilli beans, topped with half HEXA RF cheddar (other half used for milk in coffee)

Lunch:
Jacket potato
Sauteed leek, mushrooms, spinach
Smoked salmon
EL Garlic & herb cheese - 1.5syns
Total 0%

Dinner:
Pollack coated in egg and breadcrumbs - 2syns
SW chips (Half HEXB for oil)
Mushy peas
Ketchup - 1 syn

Followed by frozen summer fruits, and strawberry jelly, topped with Activia Intensely - All for 2 syns

Snacks etc:
Milky Way Magic Stars - 3.5syns
Alpen light - half HEXB

Total Syns: 10
Total Speed: 7

Syns remaining for the week: 52

Last edited:
Mmm just had a bowl of Heinz sweet chilli beans - really yummy and quite saucy, so was kinda like a spicy-ish bean soup. Will be getting those again...
Not going to do very well with my 1/3 superfree at this rate but hey I'm ill!
Being a right saddo now, while reading, mooching on here and checking out the Black Friday Amazon deals, I've got Harry P on in the background - in order right from the beginning!! Saddo I know but ah he looks so ickle and sweet in the first one!

No such thing as being a saddo when poorly! In fact, it is the one time when you can get away with anything with the reply "I'm poorly, let me do what I want."

Within reason, of course!

Hmmm remind me to use that one when hubby's back home!

Back