Sarah83's New Diary

Well I'm still home in bed <<cough cough>>
I did have a sneaky weigh this morning though and those unofficial 2lbs which crept on last week, have already come off! After 4 fully on-plan fishy days - yay!
Would love to drop another 2lbs by Saturday... fingers crossed!

Wednesday 24th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM toast (HEXB)
Sardines in tom sauce

Lunch:
BNS
Spinach, leek & garlic
Total 0%
Cheese - HEXA

Dinner:
Spaghetti
Mixed seafood
Spicy tomato sauce

Snacks etc:
Quavers - 4.5syns
Green & Blacks mini - 4 syns
Milk for coffee - 2.5 syns
Alpen light - 3.5syns

Total Syns: 14.5

Total Speed: 5

Syns remaining for the week: 37.5

Last edited:
Felt a bit better yesterday afternoon, but back to feeling rough today.
Was definitely glad I was home yesterday - * week started with a vengeance and I was in agony with cramps so glad I wasn't in work ;)

I think it may be mind over matter though - so I'm going to spend the morning in bed, then try and get some housework done this afternoon, and see if it makes me feel better getting up and about. And oooh I might even venture out of the house tomorrow!

There's still a frost on all the rooves this morning so must be pretty chilly out there! They've forecast snow tomorrow...

What's not so good - is I'm starting to run out of fish for my fishy week :confused:
I have tinned sardines, tinned tuna (which I'm not the biggest fan of), frozen pollack and frozen mixed seafood. Going to struggle not to have the same meal twice me thinks...

Fishy Week - Day 6

Thursday 25th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Tinned cherry tomatoes
1tsp Clover light - 1 syn

Lunch:
Pasta
Tinned tuna
Sauce- green beans, onion, garlic, chilli, pepper, passatta
Olives - 1 syn

Dinner:
Pollack baked in tomato, chickpea and chorizo sauce - 2.5syns
New potatoes
Green beans and carrots

Snacks:
Slice of spiced carrot cake - 4.5syns
5 x milk choc werthers originals - 5 syns??

Total Syns: 14

Total Speed: 10

Syns remaining for the week: 23.5

Last edited:
Morning everyone!
Well I'm still home - I had this afternoon booked off anyway so took the morning as lieu time so I didn't have to take as another sick day.
Going to try and get back to normality today though - my chest is still bad but I'm going to venture outside to do a bit of shopping and see my SIL as it's her birthday.

Got a bit of a crazy week coming up... We're going over to my SIL's for a Chinese tomorrow (I'll keep that low syn though), no wine though. I'll pick up some beer for hubby and she's pregnant so not drinking! Then Sunday we're going to my MIL's for Sunday lunch - which hopefully I can keep as low syn as possible and avoid dessert!
Then Wednesday afternoon we're travelling down to the Isle of Wight to see my Dad - until Sunday so I'll miss my Saturday weigh in. Again I will try and be as good as I can but I'm not sure how easy that will be... Aaggh the Christmas dillemmas start!

Fishy Week - Day 7

Friday 26th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Ooops - none!

Lunch:
2 egg omelette
Garlic mushrooms & chorizo - 2.5syns
Cheese (half HEXA - other half used in milk for coffee)
SW Chips

Dinner:
Kedgeree - 2 syns for creme fraiche and LF spread

Snacks etc:
Make that one and a half bottles of wine - 36syns oops
Carrot cake - 4.5syns
Small bag of Tesco value onion rings - 4syns?

Total Syns: 49 - aaagh

Total Speed: 2 ???

Last edited:
Well I was a bad girl yesterday - we went round our neighbours and I drank far too much wine. Suffering big time this morning.

But Weigh in was a great success!! I managed to lose 5lbs - hurray for fishy week!
:talk017:

Well done! 5lbs is amazing! I've had plaice fillet for lunch and I bought some king prawns, wondering now if I shouldn't keep going with the fish until weigh in on Tuesday to counterbalance the OFSTED induced rubbish eating I did since Wednesday!

Hmm have not been such a good girl over the weekend.

Kinda looked like this:

Saturday:
Breakfast: Beans on toast
Lunch: M&S syn free tinned stewing steak with Ainsley Harriott wild mushroom bulgar wheat (1syn as between 2?)
Afternoon: Mince pie :eek:
Dinner: Chinese, not too bad: chow mein, chicken with bamboo shoots & water chestnuts, a few chips. A small Hazelnut Baileys

Sunday:
Breakfast: Fruit salad
Lunch: 2 smoked salmon blinis. Roast beef, new potatoes, loadsa veg. A bit of gravy, a glass of cava and about half a bottle of wine.
Oh and a small (and I mean literally 2 spoonfulls) of xmas pud
Dinner: Leftover chinese and a Hersheys kiss choc brought back by my SIL from New York

And just to add to it - I still feel rough. Back in work as have LOADS to do. But my chest is really bad still and I just can't get warm.
PLUS they've forecast more snow tonight brrr

Monday 29th November - Mix2Max

Breakfast (neutral):
WM Toast (HEXB)
Tinned cherry tomatoes
Clover lighter - 1syn

Lunch (Green):
Jacket potato
Beans
Cheese (2 x HEXA)

Dinner (red):
Chicken cacciatore - 1.5syns
New potatoes (HEXB)
Veggies

Snacks etc:
Walkers crisps - 9 syns
Satsumas

Total Syns: 11.5 planned

I feel fab today!! So yay am practically better.
Only got a light icing sugar dusting of snow last night. Trouble is it's deceiving as it's landed on all the snow-turned-ice which came down Friday so is deceptively slippery still.
They've forecast more snow today though brr. Just hope it'll be ok for our trip down to the Isle of Wight to see my dad tomorrow...

Going on a spending spree later, I NEED a new coat, jeans and a couple of jumpers. Am hoping that the coat at least I can get in a 16, this is the one I really want. Tried it on about half a stone ago, and it fitted but was a bit tight. Fingers crossed will fit... :
Red fur trim toggle coat

Not convinced I'll be able to get the jeans or jumpers in a 16 but I don't mind tops being a bit baggy anyway...
So I'm spending spending spending

Ooooh, that's a pretty coat! I need a new coat, but daren't buy myself anything until I have most of the xmas presents and bills out of the way first!

Glad you're feeling better, and fingers crossed for your trip tomorrow. Loads of snow here, and still falling.

Your xmas shiny is looking like dead cert :)

Back