Sarah83's New Diary

Oh dear! Hope you get better soon. Mind, look at it on the bright side: at least the bolognese will be free, you might lose lots of weight next week ;)

Well I braved it into work today. Not sure I really should have as although I'm feeling a lot better, I've still got a constant ache across the whole of my head and feel really dizzy and unsteady (brilliant combined with the ice-rink which Cardiff has turned into)

Hubby made it to the train station, but realised he's still feeling too rough so went back home. He's got nausea and stomach pains on top of everything else, so I just hope he feels better in time for xmas :sigh: Plus he's got pretty bad asthma so anything like this attacks his chest straight away...

Oh and to add to matters, we keep getting power cuts. It went off for about half hour on the weekend. Went off last night about 8pm and came back on in the middle of the night, and it's gone off again this morning. Again really hope that fixes itself by the weekend - don't they know there's trashy xmas TV on I need to watch!

So today I am in work adopting 'POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE' and trying to convince myself that I'm not ill at all and I will be perfectly fine to work/shop/carry lots of bags/wrap presents/write (very very late) xmas cards.

I'm still off plan btw. My appetite's gone completely so been living on pate on toast last few days as all I could stomach. Made our first proper meal in ages last night as hubby was feeling better - corned beef hash and baked beans. Would have been fine if I hadn't added butter and olive oil to it... :whistle:

So today I had an alpen light and a bag of plain walkers crisps. Oh and lots of strepsils to soothe my throat as I think my bout of flu has now developed into tonsilitus :cry:

Can you tell I'm feeling very sorry for myself ;)

Anyway enough moaning and whinging and I must remember - POSTIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE. Then everything will be ok!

Oh you poor thing, sounds like you've had a bad dose of the lurgy at your house. I hope you can both shake it off before the weekend and your week off :)

I am not sticking to plan very well at all, and while I don't mind too much gaining a few pounds as it's Christmas and all, I am terrified about being able to get back in the zone in January... I wish I could be one of those people who lose their taste for junk after a few months on SW. I don't think I could ever dislike chocolate, cream, crisps or pigs in blankets!
Will you promise to give me a big kick on January 4th since that's when I plan to restart SW?!
How soon are you going to try and get back on track?

Yes I will kick you if you kick me!
I'm back on the wagon January 3rd. Although I'm still off it means I can cook up loads of on-plan stuff to keep me from veering off track!

Funnily enough I have no fear at all of not being able to get back on track come January and I'm the same as you - I don't think I could ever not like junk! But I wonder if it's because I've never truly given it up...
I don't mind so much - I am a food lover and I never want that to change... I just hope my appetite comes back in time for xmas (and hubby's appetite too!)

I'm also feeling miserable now as * week has just arrived... as hubby and I are trying for a baby a positive test would have been the best xmas present ever. Alas it is not to be this month... At least it means I can drink myself silly over xmas lol!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve everyone!
Feeling much better today flu-wise - shame I'm in agony with period pains though!! Hopefully ibuprofen will help keep them at bay - and they only ever last for a day thank god so will be gone by tomorrow!
Well perhaps Christmas dinner is not ruined! Managed to get a fair bit of shopping done yesterday, plus I snuck into our local deli even though it was supposed to be closed and ordered some duck breasts (our Christmas dinner for 2!) to pick up Friday - yay!

Going to brave Cardiff this lunchtime to get the last couple of presents - wish me luck! Hopefully it won't be too crazy...

Hubby's feeling a lot better than he was - 2 straight days of eating 3 meals a day means he's actually getting his strength back. His chests still pretty bad but his stomach is much better. Hopefully he'll be right as rain by tomorrow.
PS... completely off plan last night - knackered after carrying heavy heavy bags home meant lots of wine and dominos pizza!

Oooh, duck for Christmas dinner, yum.
Glad the flu is getting better - I'm sure the pizza was purely medicinal :)
Scales are saying I'm another 2lb up this morning since Monday - eek. I am definitely 100% OFF PLAN!!

I'm impressed you're brave enough to even weigh yourself!!
I'm pleased in a way that I have been ill as I'm sure the loss of appetite has gone some way towards damage limitation this last week!
Never mind - back on the wagon in the new year!

Mmm I'm looking forward to our duck - going to pan fry to render the fat off, then roast until slightly pink. Served with a port jus and lots of tasty Christmas essentials - stuffing, pigs in blankets, roasties (in goose fat!) and veggies.

I'm stuck on a starter though... I wanted to do tempura prawns with homemade garlic mayonnaise but I can't get hold of any raw prawns anywhere... so that is going to be a last minute decision!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!!
Only 3 hours in work today then a whole 10 days off (plus the rest of today of course!)
I can't wait to chill out and have a break... Me and hubby were talking last night and realised it's been over a year since we've had time off where we've not been away or sick! Will be nice just to spend time doing bits round the house and watching trashy TV!

Morning everyone and merry Christmas! Hope Santa has been kind to everyone...
Well I've woken up feeling rough again-my nose and ears are blocked, my head feels fuzzy and my throats sore. Boo
So I'm hoping brekkie of eggs benedict and bucks fizz will help!
Looking forward to a nice chill out day watching Xmas tv... Although hubby is currently hogging the tv playing his new xbox game-fallout new Vegas. On to breakfast now-thank you delia for your foolproof hollandaise recipe!

Hi everyone! Well I'm still not feeling great - pretty sure my bad throat has developed into tonsillitis so will pick up some aspirin to gargle today and go to the docs weds if it hasn't cleared up.
Had a lovely Xmas day-ended up eating pretty late as I napped in the afternoon! Couldn't get hold of raw prawns to make my tempura starter so cooked garlic chorizo and cooked king prawns with some sherry and served with toast and a rocket salad. Also didn't end up having desert! The duck was gorgeous though.

Well after developing major cabin fever have told hubby we're going out today! Only locally tho as no trains due to strikes!
Prob just wander round whatever shops are open. Not boots tho-managed to spend £150 on half price smellies and makeup online yesterday! Should last us most of the year!

Hope you're all having good breaks

Hey allie, had a fab one thanks!
I love the sales in boots-I got so many body, face and make-up sets! Just gutted I won't get them until the new yr, still better than forcing myself round the shops I guess!
Well we braved it out today... Wandered round ponty-well the shops which were open! Then popped into treforest to get some bits from the Chinese supermarket. Oops and some red wine and a panini and chips pub lunch! We were going to venture into Cardiff tomorrow but I'm really not sure if I have the energy...or the cash with all those sales temptations...
And yay it's started to rain...please wash all the snow away...

Hope you're feeling better Sarah! Try some hot/warm water with honey and lemon for your throat. Those Beechams extra stregnth tabs are good for pain relief too. I've had tonsillitis twice already, have avoided reminding my doc or he'll say I have to have them out! :eek:

Hey there! Hope you're starting to feel a little better :) Was santa good to you? Santa blessed me with 12 hours work Christmas day, so I ain't his number one fan at the mo :D

Happy New Year Everyone!

Well I braved the scales this morning and I'm a whopping 7lbs up!! To be fair that is over the whole of December...
Most depressing thing is that 2.5lbs of that has been put on since yesterday (I have Pizza Hut last night to thank for that!)

I'm still not feeling great (cough, unstoppable runny nose, headaches) so we just stayed in last night... with a glass of Champagne watching The Holiday!
Really Really need to start eating properly again - can't remember the last time I've had 3 meals in a day or any fruit! I've got a Tesco order coming tomorrow with tons of fruit and meat and veg - I can't get my planning head on so no idea what I'm going to do with it all but at least I've got the ingredients to make some decent meals! And I'm determined to get right back on track... starting Monday!

I have decided to make a few New Year Resolutions...
1. Get healthy - this includes losing at least 2 stone in 2011 (dependant on no.4), starting to exercise regularly and take vitamins to try and prevent me getting so ill again next winter!
2. Start looking after my skin - I'm approaching 28 and am completely guilty of not looking after myself that well. I will now have a nightly facial skincare routine and put on body lotion at least once a day. Need to do this before the wrinkles start!
3. Get my CV up to scratch so I'm ready to apply for new jobs when they close our office
4. Not really a resolution - just what I hope most to get out of 2011 - become pregnant, have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

For today however... am off to the pub in a bit. As me and hubby are hangover-less today I figured we may as well have a few tipples today!

Wishing you all the luck and what you wish for in 2011

Lots of love to all my virtual friends!! xx

Happy new year to you too hun!
Well it's my first day back on plan today... Made the most of yesterday by making pancakes for brekkie then a lovely rare roast beef dinner with proper red wine gravy, dauphinoise potatoes and honey glazed carrots and parsnips...
But I'm excited to be back on plan... Not so excited about going back to work tomorrow... Haven't been able to drag myself out of bed earlier than 9.30 since I've been off! Plus I'm still not 100%... going to get on the wii fit later to try and get my endorphins a-flowing!
Oh and we had the lightest dusting of snow last night too... Hopefully that'll be it though, can't be doing with another foot like last time!
Hope you're all good and the post-Christmas blues haven't hit yet!

Monday 3rd January - extra easy

Breakfast:
2 egg omelette
Cherry toms and spring onions - 1/3
Baked beans

Lunch:
Broccoli and Stilton soup
Part hexa for milk (rest used in coffees)
3.5 syns for Stilton

Dinner:
Leek, mushroom and bacon carbonara
Salad
5 syns for cream, Parmesan and salad dressing
Olive oil - half hexb

Snacks/drinks:
5 x coffees (rest of hexa)
Sf lemonade
Choc - 2.5syns
Cola laces - 2 syns
Grapes