Sarah83's New Diary

Morning everyone!

Had a nice relaxing evening of tea, bath & bed all by 9pm! That's quite good for me, I'm usually in bed around 8pm these days... what a lazy cow I am! :p

Exciting news - one of the girls at work is pregnant (she's 2 weeks ahead of me), had her scan yesterday and she's having twins! :eek: She's a bit shocked to say the least... she doesn't know I'm pregnant either so I'll be able to chat all about everything in a few weeks with her...

I've got tomorrow booked off as a holiday to give me a nice long weekend, so I'm meeting my friend for a chat and a bit of shopping. She had her little girl in October so I'm toying with the idea of telling her... I'm buying a doppler and breast pump off her (told her it was for someone at work), so I am considering coming clean... hmm will probably make my mind up tomorrow.

Oooh and I've got my maternity jeans on!! I ended up going for the 18s. The 16s fitted, but they were snug and my reasoning was that I'm not going to get any smaller, so best go for the bigger ones. They are a bit loose, but very comfy. They've only got a really narrow elastic waistband so it's almost like pulling on a pair of comfy jogging bottoms!

I'm even being remotely healthy food-wise today:

Breakfast: porridge (although it is the golden syrup variety) - all I can manage at breakfast nowadays - toast tastes like cardboard to me :confused: With OJ (an attempt to have some fruit & veg)

Lunch: A mugshot and some ryvitas

Dinner: Spaghetti hoops & cheese on toast

Snacks include - a couple of ginger biccies to ease my sickiness, some french fries, a cereal bar, and an orange. Don't tend to have any snacks in the evening as I'm too busy sleeping!

So it's kinda SW but with way too many HEXs! Better than some of the junk I've been eating...

Morning! That's nice news about your colleague, it's always nice to go through things with someone else who understands you :)
Although she'll always be thinking that her troubles are far worse with two of the blighters in there!! ;)
Make sure you're eating enough hun, otherwise it's no wonder you're feeling tired...I reckon I'd be collapsed in a heap if I ate as little as you are at the moment...

Morning everyone :D

Had a lovely weekend - I'd booked Friday off as a chill out day (because I really can't cope with a full week in work at the moment - I was practically falling asleep on the desk on Thursday), so spent most morning in bed watching trashy movies! Leap Year being one of them... :eek:

Then hubby finished work early so was home by 3, so we snuggled up and had a bit of a TV afternoon/night which was really nice!

This also meant I felt lovely and refreshed for the weekend. Saturday I had my haircut and feel so much better for it - my dark blonde roots are looking terrible and it doesn't seem to be washing properly at the moment (pah hormones :() so a haircut was just what I needed! Makes me look half decent rather than the pasty faced death-warmed-up zombie I've been looking like recently ;)

Also we managed to have a nice walk on Saturday afternoon for 1.5hours so that was fab!

Then yesterday we had a little party at my SILs house for my baby neice (happy 1 week birthday!), with my MIL, GMIL, and also my midwife (as she's a friend of the family). So a really lovely catch up and I actually prepared all the sandwiches so I think I'm getting back to myself again and might actually have a stab at cooking something this week :eek: rather than just opening a tin or packet... as food doesn't seem to be repulsing me anymore!

Well my midwife is going to ring me tonight to book my first booking in appointment at the house. Am counting on it being Thursday afternoon (means a nice early finish before our weekend away) :cross:

I'm shattered today though... managed to sleep through until about 3ish, then had really broken sleep (complete with wierd dreams) until I got up at 6 :mad:

Job of the week: Have another bra fitting at M&S and pick up more non-wired maternity bras as I think I've gone up about 2 cup sizes :eek:

Hi Sarah,

Sounds like you are beginning to really master this pregnancy thing!! Glad you are feeling a little less nauseous and more human-like! :)

It's always nice to go and get your hair done - makes such a difference! I am desperate for mine doing at the minute - roots like you wouldn't belive! Got paid today so will be there on Saturday first thing!

Your litle neice sounds lush! :D It will be some good practice for you! Have a good week hun!

Fingers crossed for the right timing of your mid-wife appointment too!!!

Ha - my roots are still terrible (luckily I'm naturally dark blonde, with lighter blonde on top) but at least a cut minimises the root impact!
I'll probably dye my hair again after 12 weeks, but think I might go more towards my natural colour in a semi-permanent just to be on the safe side.

And ever-growing boobs is not necessarily a good thing - I'm an E cup at the moment so can't imagine having a bigger size!!

Morning everyone!
Well I was in Birmingham yesterday for a meeting and the trip totally wiped me out! Although I only got up and left half an hour earlier than normal (and got back half an hour later), I was exhausted all day. And trouble is I'm getting headaches whenever I get really tired too :(

On the plus side though... my midwife rang yesterday and confirmed when my dating scan is - it's next Thursday! Really pleased it's sooner rather than later as it means we can start telling people!
I'm so excited - can't wait to see our baby!
Although the last scan was lovely and reassuring, it was just a blob, so seeing our baby on the screen will make it so much more real!

Also I've noticed a positive pregnancy symptom :eek: - my nails! They have been so much stronger... they always used to grow long but were prone to splitting and breaking. Now they're really strong. So I think I'll treat myself to a birthday manicure at the hotel spa over the weekend :p

I'm also hoping that once the chaotic next couple of weeks are over, when hopefully I'll feel less tired, I can start eating properly again. The only thing I really don't feel like eating is still meat (although I'm ok with a bit of chicken, and processed stuff - i.e. sausages, mince, bacon, ham etc). The only thing stopping me eating properly at the mo is how tired I feel - I just don't have the energy to cook. So in a couple of weeks I'm hoping I'll get back in the mood to cook and back onto the SW wagon (at least half on the wagon anyway :eek:)

Wooo only 2 more days to go until London... :D

Phew, I knew there had to be at least one positive, right?? You'll have to paint your nails nice and bright to detract attention from your tired face hee hee ;)
That's great news about the scan and it's on just the day you wanted as well - I think that will make it all seem even more real - and probably send you out shopping to mothercare...

I know - I'll be able to go out shopping then and not feel guilty about coming back to work with a big Mothercare bag!
I was thinking nice and bright for my nails! I've asked hubby to get me vouchers for our local beauty salon for my birthday too - I think I need to start pampering myself!

I'm hoping the positives will start in a few weeks, the so-called 'blooming period' where mythical beautiful hair and glowing skin suddenly appears... hmmm believe that when I see it!

Bless ya hun sounds like you are totally whacked all of the time! Do you know if the tiredness normally eases off later in pregnancy? I hope it does for you anyway!
The nail things sounds brill! I've heard that your hair goes all silky and lovely and your skin glows! ……apparently! Hope you have a fab time in London x :D

My mum took pleasure in telling me that I looked a bit 'minging' during my pregnancy, I was covered in spots and had horrible greasy hair for the whole nine months whilst my pregnant friends were radiant :0( all worth it though. I bet you'll be a radiant preggers lady, oh and the tiredness does ease in the second trimester but tends to come back during the third when you're not sleeping too good, it's your bodies way of getting you used to having little sleep ;0) xx

To be fair so far my skin has been spotty and ridiculously dry (not just my face) and stupidly pale and washed out... and my hair has gone a bit wierd really - when I wash it, it doesn't feel like it's been washed at all (poor girl in the hairdressers put about 3 lots of shampoo through so must have thought the same), but seems to be going straighter if that's possible...
I'm naturally quite curly but it seems to be drying quite straight at the mo...
But I'd quite happily give up the radiance and glow, if the tiredness was taken away!
And you're right Hannah- it is all worth it in the end!

You will feel less tired in the second trimester, it's also when you start showing more and people are starting to help you more (I remember my colleagues doing all my photocopying for me because it was at the other end of the school and my pupils were also great when they realised I was pregnant, I was spending my lessons sitting down!)

You will feel less tired in the second trimester, it's also when you start showing more and people are starting to help you more (I remember my colleagues doing all my photocopying for me because it was at the other end of the school and my pupils were also great when they realised I was pregnant, I was spending my lessons sitting down!)

Bless your pupils - that's sweet.
What age do you teach?... don't think I've ever asked you!

I really do hope I start feeling less tired.
Last night my SIL popped over with my MIL and the baby to drop my birthday cards. They were only there about 20mins at about 8.30 but I was so exhausted from having to do anything more than just lie on the sofa watching TV, that I practically fell into bed as soon as they left!

Not feeling so bad today - it's the excitement keeping me going I think!
Got loads to do tonight - have washed all the clothes which need to be washed (apart from one top which I need to handwash when I get home), just got to iron and pack...

Plans for tomorrow are:
Leave house at 6am to catch 6.18 train to Cardiff. Then we're going for a McDonalds breakfast :eek: (I know I know but hubby is dead excited).
We're catching the Megabus at 7.45, and gets into London at 11ish, then we'll scoot over to the hotel and hopefully check in, and then have some lunch and spend the afternoon chilling in Covent Garden.
Aaaah that's the life!

Ooh and I'm excited because one of my friends is getting me a Pandora bead for my bracelet for my birthday so that's really nice. Think I've got London spending money from everyone else - Look out shops!

Sounds lovely!!!! Very jealous! When is it your actual birthday??

It's Sunday, and I'll be 28
eeek.... edging ever closer to 30...
(Not as bad as hubby though - he's 30 next month!)

Back