Sarah83's New Diary

Careful what you're saying about over 30s here! I'll be 33 this year ;-)
Have a lovely weekend and a fab birthday in London x

Ps: I teach secondary and on the whole they are lovely, except 3 pupils from my last lesson, who I wish I could punch!!! Maybe I need to be pregnant again ;-)

Hope you had a lovely birthday and a great time in London. I'm 28 in May, I still feel 23ish but look 33ish, motherhood will do that to you ;0)

Hi everyone.
Had a fab weekend in London... Albeit a very busy one! Can safely say our feet were about ready to drop off by the time we got home (luckily I was treated to a gorgeous foot massage from DH today!)
Did loads of sightseeing and not much shopping, apart from a little trip to the hotel chocolate shop where hubby treated me to a few bits!

On the pregnancy front I seem to be feeling much better, my nausea has gone and I had a lot more energy over the weekend (managed to stay up until 10.30 one night shock horror!), so it's all good news, although my boobs are still killing!
And... I seem to suddenly have developed a bump! Now my tummy isn't remotely flat by any means but there is definitely a roundness now and it's quite high if that makes sense. Can't wait - my dating scan is on Thursday! Yay!

Hello!! Glad you had a lovely time away (including Hotel Chocolat!) and the nausea is finally gone! Did you make up for the lost weeks with lots of nice meals out?
Welcome to the world of 28 years old :)

PCS - I'm blaming you fully for my newfound love of Hotel Chocolat!!

I am loving the lack of nausea... did have some nice meals out... here's a brief itinerary of what we got up to each day...

Friday - Arrived at hotel about 12.20. Managed to check in (yay) so dumped our stuff off and headed into Covent Garden. Had a gorgeous sandwich for lunch at a bar right in the market and a wander round the shops. Then had a wander round the British museum looking at all the Egyption mummies!!
Decided to take advantage of the hotel's buffet dinner as it was reduced to £18. Was ok but a bit canteen-y, and all the desserts contained raw egg ! (glad I asked) but they made me an apple crumble up special to make up for it!

Saturday - Had a gorgeous hotel breakfast (yum yum), then we headed out early via the Thames Clipper riverboat (much more fun than the tube), we went on the London Eye which was pretty cool and then spent a couple of hours in the Aquarium looking at all the sharks and sea turtles as well as countless other fish. We had a nice scampi and chips pub lunch and in the afternoon then we wandered over to Trafalgar Square and had a delish milkshake and cake in a gorgeous little Italian cafe.
We were absolutely shattered on Saturday night though so ended up ordering room service and chilled out watching TV!

Sunday - My birthday! Headed out in the morning towards Knightsbridge. We went round the Science museum (hubby's choice not mine!) then wandered over to Harrods where I bought my baby neice her first Harrods teddy!
We then had a gorgeous pasta lunch at a cute little Italian not far from Harrods and I thoroughly enjoyed my treat of a cheeky little glass of wine! We then headed over to Hyde Park in the afternoon - lovely but freeezzzing! And we had a picky dinner in a pub that does Thai food right next to the Hotel.

Monday - Checked out of the hotel and were able to leave our luggage at Victoria coach station. So we headed over to Buckingham Palace just in time for the changing of the guard. Couldn't get near Buckingham Palace to watch it so we went over to the Barracks where they leave from and watched the procession from there. We then spend a few hours in St James's Park in glorious sunshine, before heading over to Westminster Abbey then another nice pub lunch of sandwich and chips before heading home.

Phew - what a busy one!!
Now I bet you're pleased I've bored you all with that!!

Next plan is... we were thinking of spending a week in Tenby in May when it's warmer, by the seaside, but figured we'll probably do that all the time once the baby is born. So I managed to find a cheapy Eurostar deal to Paris... so we're thinking a weekend in Paris in June now... we'll have to see ;)

Sounds like a brilliant weekend :)

And baby's now the size of a lime.... that's pretty big already that, when you think what you'll have squeeze it through.... ;)

Awww sounds like you have an absolutely fabulous time chick! Very pleased to hear the nausea is subsiding – your meals sound yummy!

Yaay for dating scan! Is that when you can start tell real life people?? :D

Thanks! I think the last 'fruit' size is watermelon - how scary is that!!! I'm not thinking about things like that, currently staying in a calm state of denial!

Start telling real life people straight after the scan - starting with my dad tomorrow night

Hope the scan goes well hun and good luck with telling your Dad xx

Well good morning everyone :D

Scan went beautifully well yesterday - we've got a gorgeous picture of our little blob!
They dated me 2 days earlier than what I thought (must update my tickers) which I'm really pleased with, and I had all my blood tests as well as spending hours filling out forms!

Told my Dad last night - he's over the moon! And I've started telling my friends too - they're all really happy too.

It's all good... ! !

I'll post the scan pic tonight off hubby's iphone

Thank you!
As you can imagine I've done barely any work today - just been round spreading the news... pretty sure the whole office will know by lunchtime!

Oh... and just to show how unfounded all my worries were, reactions from my money-orientated friend who I was worried about telling:
"Wow you timed that well"
and best of all...
"Out of all my friends who have had babies, you're the first one I think will make a great mum"

:D :D Woo hoo Glad it all went well! Have fun spreading the joy xx

Glad the scan went well, it's great to see your baby for the first time (and it'll be even better when he or she will look more like a baby lol!)

It was great - we could see his/her nose and lips, and arms and legs. Baby was sleeping though so couldn't see any wriggling!

I had to empty my bladder for the picture though - my full to brim bladder (fun on a bouncy bus journey) was squashing the baby!

You're lucky I remember being in pain during that first scan as she was pressing on my tummy, I thought I was going to pee on the bed! Oh the joys of pregnancy! :)

Here's my scan photo as promised!
And... The Facebook announcement has just gone out too

Attachments

• image-54044965.jpg
    image-54044965.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 46
Thanks Hun! Yep I'm at royal glam. Got it made too - MIL works on the labour ward so all her colleagues there will be looking out for us, plus my midwife is a yonks old friend of hubby's family. It's so nice knowing I've got a midwife I know (plus meant we got a lift home from the hospital Thursday lol!)

Back