Sarah83's New Diary

Morning everyone - hope you all had lovely weekends! :D

Well my nausea seems to have returned :jelous:, not as bad or often as before but I feel very yucky when I have an empty stomach. Plus we went out for Sunday lunch yesterday and firstly I didn't fancy anything on the menu, then could only eat half of it before feeling really bloated and we had to go home :(

Never mind, at least it's not as bad as before and I'm relieved it went for our trip to London!

My bump seems to be getting bigger every day at the moment! It just 'appeared' while we were in London, and I think now I've told people I've stopped hiding in loose floaty tops and it just seems huge! I love it though :D and will be showing it off all the way through! It seems to be quite 'high' though and I'm sure that's an old wives tale that it's a boy :p

Oh and weight-wise... I can safely say I am now avoiding the scales...
I braved them on Saturday and I've put on 7.5lbs in about 6 weeks! :eek: So glad I lost a bit in the first few weeks as means I've put on 3.5lb overall which I'm ok with.
Never mind - there's always after the birth to lose the weight!
It does mean I'm going to try and be a little bit more sensible now... snacking on more fruit as long as the nausea stays away, and staying away from crisps and chocolate...
Plus once the tiredness eases I'll actually start cooking proper meals rather than just having the energy/time to put a pizza in the oven or ping something in the microwave.
I cooked the first proper meal in ages on Saturday - a mushroom stroganoff and sauteed potatoes. I'd forgotten what it was like to chop and peel!! Was mighty tasty though!

Hope you all have a good day xx

Be proud of your beautiful bump, I know I showed mine off. Hope the nausea eases again soon, and 3.5lbs is nothing!!! You're meant to put on 2st on average so you're doing just fine.
Take care honey xx

Thanks hun - I'm not going to worry about my weight. I'll go by size and if it's just my bump getting bigger I'm ok with that!
Had a gorgeous walk into Cardiff in the sunshine lunchtime - it's surprising how much a bit of sunshine can really cheer you up!
I picked up some new tops from Dorothy Perkins, a khaki cotton smock top which I think will be lovely and cool in the summer (£26 down to £10) and a couple of their 2 for £12 stretchy 3/4 sleeve tops. Should keep me going for a while!
Also popped into BHS - they've got some lovely floaty summery dresses by their swimwear stuff so I'll be keeping an eye on those being reduced later on...

Ey up hun!

It must be VERY exciting seeing your bump growinmg everyday! If / when I am pregnant I will be showing off my bump with pride - some girls try their very best to hide it and cover up - I think pregnant women look great!!:D

Sorry to hear the nausea is back - at least you don’t have to cover it up now - you’re out and proud!! :)

I wouldn't worry yourself about any weight gain - like you say - plenty of time for that after the birth with a little one to run around after!!

Mushroom stroganoff sounds yummy :D :D

Thanks!
I braved the kitchen again last night!!

Made a kinda sausage jambalaya/risotto type thing:

Sauteed shallot and garlic, added some long grain rice, a tin of chopped tomatoes, some stock and green beans.
Cook for about 15mins, then add some chopped sausage and grated cheese.
Not very SW friendly though as they were proper sausages, plus I probably used a bit more cheese than I should and put some butter in at the end to make it creamy mmmm...

It was gorgeous plus I was starving! And I've got leftovers for lunch today.

I'm on the train today so will be home earlier so definitely no excuses - going to do a creamy ham and mushroom pasta (kind of a carbonara without the egg as I never cook the egg right through so thought I'd better not add it just in case) made with LF creme fraiche.

I am feeling quite :jelous: today though (yuck) but hopefully that'll ease a bit later...

AND I've got one of my new Dorothy Perkins tops on today which shows off my bump nicely :D

Morning everyone...

Well my plans all went to pot last night as I ended up feeling pretty sick all day long yesterday :jelous:
I'm sure it's the first time I've had nausea all day without easing, so much for me thinking it had left at 10 weeks... So dinner ended up being beans on toast.

And today I feel ROUGH. I still feel sick, and to add to that I feel so tired I could just drop my head onto my desk and happily nap for hours, plus I've got a dull headache and everytime I get up I feel really dizzy :mad:
So all in all I am not having a good start to the day.

Going to see how I feel and maybe try and go home lunchtime if it continues.

Sorry for the moan.
On another count, watched the finale of Being Human last night - very exciting and can't wait for the next series now!
Does anyone watch it?

Hiya, Sorry to read that the nausea is back, baby's being a cheeky monkey lulling you into a false sense of security by letting you have your appetite back for a few days!
I don't watch being human, sorry! I have heard lots of good things about it though :)

Hope you start to feel a bit better in a few hours...

Well I lasted all day through work but if I feel the same I won't be going in tomorrow. I've got Friday off as holiday anyway so I think a long weekend chill out is in order.
On the plus side my SIL just text me - she's got me a second hand Moses basket, stand and changing mat... All for £5!! Also my friend said I can have her little boys (he's 7 now lol) old Winnie the pooh cot-bed which cost £250 new, all I need to do is replace the base piece as broken, but that's only £35.
I know a lot of people like to buy new for their first but we can't afford to splash out like crazy so I'm getting as many hand-me-downs as possible!

Excellent bargains! You're lucky to have found them, we had to buy new things as nobody had anything to hand us down (except a few clothes) all our friends are still having children or wanting to or don't have any! Some stuff are not being used for very long, I know Eliza only stayed in her Moses basket for 2 months. We've made sure we bought stuff in neutral colours in case we have a boy next (I don't mind blue stuff for girls but I'm not keen on little boys in pink!)
Hope the nausea eases soon x

Thanks. The Moses basket is blue and green so not ideal if we do have a girl but i agree its better than being pink and having a boy!
Well I've phoned in sick today - I honestly think I'm just run-down and need a good rest so I am going to spend a large proportion of today in bed, particularly as I didn't sleep well at all last night. I've also got a stinking headache again. I've also got tomorrow off as holiday so means I can have a long chill out.

Sorry to be such a moaner, I know it's all worth it in the end and I truly am very very happy - I just feel yuck!

Hope the rest does you good, that's probably what you need. Maybe you should talk to your midwife or check your blood pressure if your headaches don't get better

I think it probably is what I need. The headaches seem to generally come on when I'm tired so hopefully should ease with a good rest. Had my BP checked last week, was high at first then she took it again and it was ok... tends to be a pattern for me.

Get those feet up, get a DVD on and get rested! Doctors orders (or at least I'm sure they would be!! ;)) xx

Well I feel a bit more human after having a shower and opening all the windows!
Plus I just had the tastiest lunch (good for me who's only been fancying beans on toast for weeks) a ham and cheese omelette - really hit the spot!
Just settling down on the sofa now to watch angels and demons with a big glass of orange squash and I might even make a cake later...

Hi everyone
Well I'm pleased to have reached the 12 week mark today... Yay in not too long I should actually reach that glowing stage!
Home again today as booked today as hols, not had a very productive morning although have gone online and managed to find some of hubby's old friends to invite to his surprise 30th birthday party I'm attempting to arrange next month. Got about 30 coming I think - eek!
It's also payday so I've sorted all my bills out.
Was hoping my new DVD would arrive today - although I wouldn't have the energy... I ordered davina's pregnancy workout DVD... It's my way of competing with all the shred threads at the mo!
Might pop to the shops later if the weather clears, although I've got a tesco delivery coming 2-4 so will need to time it well.

Morning everyone,

Well back in work today, although still not feeling that great :(.

I did however get a bit of a burst of energy on Friday afternoon which resulted in me actually making an effort for when hubby came home by tidying up, laying the dining table all nice and preparing tea (which involved no cooking so don't be that impressed - we had bread, ham, cheese, salad and pickles), and actually dragging myself into some nice clothes rather than wallowing in my PJs!
I also had a lovely day out with my friend on Saturday - we spent a few hours wandering round the shops and went out for lunch. Although I see her everyday as we get a lift together to and from work, it's the first time we've had chance to catch up so that was really nice. Also she was shocked at my ever increasing bump which seems to be bigger every day!

And yesterday I didn't feel great again, but we did pop out for lunch to our local and it was by far the most enjoyable meal I've had in a long time, so my appetite must be coming back! And was pretty healthy too - a starter of bruschetta (on a small piece of brown bread) with garlic, spinach and cheese, then a piece of coley cooked in chilli and lemon, with purple sprouting broccoli and pink fir potato salad. Mmmm it was so scrummy I ate every morsel, as well as the cauliflower cheese and some of the veg hubby had for his roast dinner.

And we got a great bargain too from the website Groupon (try it if you haven't already - gives you location specific special offers and discount vouchers). We've got a nights stay with a 3 course dinner and breakfast, for both of us for just £58, at the hotel we got married in! We stayed there for our anniversary last year, and it's so nice. It's an old Welsh longhouse, on the top of a mountain overlooking all the valley and set amongst fields of sheep (sounds very stereotypically Welsh!), but the hotel is gorgeous and the food is amazing. I think last year when we stayed I paid about £120 for the accomodation, food etc so this is a great bargain. We're going to do it around one of the bank holidays probably. And as my MIL said - we should get in nights like that while we can! ;)

Oh... and end of my babble honestly - hubby has his first driving lesson tonight! I've told him he's got to pass by September, so even if we don't have a car by the time the baby's born at least he'll have his licence, but it's going to be expensive in the meantime...

Hope you all had a fab weekend x

Back