Sarah83's New Diary

That is a strange one... Hope they were clean tissues lol!
Apparently my nausea may have come back as I nearly threw up on a smelly man in M&S earlier... Yuck!

Hi Sarah, glad to see your appetite's coming back :)

I hated learning to drive, I failed three times before I finally passed. I used to cry in almost every lesson, I found it so so stressful. And the teacher would shout at me and I would get even more stressed and nervous. Bad times. I am glad I persevered now though, relying on public transport can be a pain and limits your options workwise. I think you'll find it much easier with the baby as well if you have hubby to drive you around :)

Smelly people make me retch too, don't think it's a pregnancy thing ;)

True true maybe my reaction to the smelly man wasn't a pregnancy thing... although I did feel nauseus for a good hour afterwards (he was smelly!)

I honestly think I would be much better if I tried learning to drive now - I'm much better in pressurised situations (because of being forced into them more than anything else!), so I think that would hold me in good stead. Not that it's going to be me learning anytime soon... I will be a taxi passenger until then!!

Luckily I'm not worried about not having access to a car when I'm on maternity leave as I'm only 10mins away from a nice park, just got to get myself a good waterproof jacket for when it rains (which it often does being in Wales ;))

Have to say my spinach and mascarpone tagliatelle was amazing last night - although I did make 2 generous portion (always find Jamie Oliver is pretty generous with his portions), hubby loved his (probably thankful of me actually cooking something proper for a change :eek:) and demolished it, but I could only manage half so had the rest for lunch today, which according to my rumbly tummy probably wasn't enough...
If you want the recipe let me know, but be warned, it is most definitely not SW friendly (unless you want to spend a ton of syns on mascarpone, or cheat and count as a HEXA which of course I would never encourage ;)

Bump had a fancy for doritos last night :eek:... not good! Oh yes I will blame bump for all the naughty things I eat heehee

Tonight I fancy making some sort of cheesy layered potato pie, with maybe leeks in it for tea so going to hunt for a recipe, and if I can't find one I guess I'll have to make it up! Served with beans mmm...

Naughty bump, making you eat doritos ;)

For cheesy, potatoey, leeky goodness I love to make SW homity pie.

Or I think Capricorn has a recipe for a potato and onion layer...

The food in Italy was so good. I love pasta anyway and could eat it every day, and they do!! Living the dream... Also, I'm not a massive fan of meat, but that's an entire course there so you have to have it, and the steak and fish was all cooked beautifully. And I saw big fresh mozzarella that were enormous (we shared one per table on the big Sunday night meal) and soooo creamy tasting.
It was lucky I only stayed 4 days I think!! :)

Wow the mozarella sounds amazing - you truly can't beat a gorgeous mozarella.

It's crazy isn't it when we're used to eating pasta as our main course, when it's a seperate course all on its own over there!

I remember my 'school dinners' when I was living there, we had to bring in something in kinda a thermal metal lunchbox type thing, then on top of that we'd have either pasta, a soup with pasta or a risotto. Crazy stuff!

Thanks - I'll check out those recipes, I'd forgotten about Capricorns, think I've fancied doing that before. I can guarantee I'll be adding extra cheese though!

Mmmm cheesy potato bake! Gino did one on This Morning yesterday which looked super tasty. Involved potatoes, aubergines, caramelised onions and cheese

I wish I was so organised with food, I just relised the time, now the mamonth task of shavelling some food down me (I still have really bad appitute and forget the time as well, oopsies)!!!

I have to be organised... thanks to my newfound discovery that an 8pm bedtime = happy me the next day :D

So once I get home I've pretty much got to get cracking with food otherwise I'll miss dinner completely!

Mmm well I found a recipe for my cheese and potato bake thingy... most of the recipes were using mashed potato which I couldn't be bothered to do - I wanted a sliced potato version, kinda like a cheesy dauphinoise, and guess what, it was pretty green day friendly!

Here's the recipe, it made 3 portions:

In a buttered (or frylighted) dish, alternate layers of:
500g potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
1 large leek, sliced
200g cheese (obviously you can reduce, increase depending on portions and how many HEXAs you've got)

Then mix and pour over:
150ml milk
1 beaten egg (wouldn't use next time as it kinda scrambled)
Some melted butter (probably not necessary)

I baked on gas 4 with a lid on for 1hr 20 and it was scrummy with some baked beans mmm... and hubby loved it (he's definately happy I'm cooking more now!), plus I've got leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Trouble is I think that's my good ideas and motivation done for the week as I really can't think what I'd like and what I can do tonight... think it might have to be something on toast at this rate, not quite as inventive.

Morning everyone - happy Friday!

Well I did a bit of shopping yesterday, more window shopping, trying to decide on a dress for the wedding we've got in a couple of weeks, and hubby's birthday.

Well I picked this one, which is a style I'd never normally go for:

Maternity Ruffle Dress

Although couldn't pick it up yesterday as they didn't have any 16s in stock (I was very happy the 18 was too big :D), which kinda meant I've ordered quite a few things, along with the dress... as I found a 20% off discount code for New Look.

Also ordered these shoes in brown for the summer:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/gladiator-wedge_214524201

I would share everything but I think it would truly bore you! Might do if any look really nice on when they arrive!
Never ordered from New Look online before, but you can return items to the store which is much easier... exciting!

Not much planned for the weekend - need to sort out some stuff in the house tomorrow, then we're going out for a special Mothers Day lunch at our local with hubby's family - 4 generations in fact!!

Have a good one everybody!

I failed miserably at controlling myself and ended up spending about £120! I convince myself that's ok because I won't keep everything and will send some back (I did end up ordering 3 dresses :eek:)

Code is NLMWAW, but I think it's only valid for a few more days... oh and it's free delivery if you spend £45

You don't need an excuse... you need to buy holiday clothes ;)

I would not worry as you will need clothes at some point when the baby starts getting bigger, enjoy - a girl needs to feel good during pregnancy :) I have a whole single wardrope of maternunity wear, I get bit obessive with fear that won't have enough and some how the shops will vanish if I don't get the right amount. But feeling comfortable makes a hugh difference in managing with pregnany I found :)

Haha I don't need an excuse to shop!
Well had a gorgeous day in Cardiff bay today, including walking around the wetlands and eating fish and chips by the sea. We also watched source code in the cinema. My energy levels are definitely on the up (must be for me to be up past 10.30!)

Oh and I braved the scales this morning - I'm 6.5lbs up, which I don't think is so bad at 14weeks pregnant. Hopefully any gains will slow down now my energy's coming back - as I'll be cooking more.

Sleepy now with my moody kitty on my lap (moody as he's been locked out all day)!

Mmmm your potato cheesy bake sounds lovely! I might have to try it this week.

I've got a moody kitty next to me too, but he's just moody as he can't get at the fish, he doesn't understand glass yet!

Good for you spoiling yourself with maternity clothes, it is important that you feel comfortable in yourself throughout, and there's nothing quite like a wee bit of retail therapy :)

aw, poor kitty kat, mine is going loopy with an elestical band and throwing it around the shop, lol.

What a gorgeous day, ooo love fish and chips by the sea, bliis. Sadly, i am in doors for the next few weeks between revision for exam and sleeping, lol.

Here is a pic of my bump! Taken this morning at 14 weeks & 2 days

Attachments

• image-162911207.jpg
    image-162911207.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 30
Back