Sarah83's New Diary

Haha me too - at least I've got the haircut appointment I can use for some emergency colour if needs be!! I'd just have to wear a hat in work tomorrow to hide it!

Menu for today looks tasty! Gooooood luck with the hair dying. I had a disaster once that involved my roots turning white. Considering my hair is naturally nearly black, it was impressive :) Good plan on doing the strand test though, never done one myself, hence the white roots :D

I'm growing my hair at the moment. I like short hair, but I find it too limiting for me. I'm one of them people who gets out the shower, sometimes blow dries, but that is about as far as it goes - lazy mare that I am

At the moment my hair is so long that I need to either spend an hour straightening it layer by layer, or if I try letting it dry naturally (curly) it just turns to frizz as my hair's too heavy. Oh and 'letting it dry naturally' involves using lots of products and regularly scrunching it over about 2 hours until it dries - so not that easy.

So shorter means it will naturally take less time to straighten, and should mean that the lighter layers make my hair curl much better. Although I'll still make sure it's long enough for me to stick up in a ponytail, although may involve lots of clips!!

I've never done a strand test before, just winged it every time - I've been really lucky. I remember as a kid, about 13 all the girls started using 'sun-in' spray dye and their hair was going all sorts of colours, green, orange etc etc.
I used it and it worked really well. So I guess I have just been lucky!

Hmm well yesterday didn't go to plan either.

Firstly I was totally exhausted when I got home. I live about a mile away from the train station and usually happily powerwalk it home. Last night I was absolutely exhausted and it took me about 10 more minutes :rolleyes: so I rewarded myself by a sofa chill out and catch up of Masterchef and Great British menu!!

So anyway hubby brought home a pizza from the shop which we had for tea instead...

Oooh I can't wait for today to finish, and the weekend to begin. I'm so excited about Sunday's party now, I'm not sure how I'm going to contain myself on the day!!

I've also made a decision about the dress legs issue - I'm going to go for black leggings with the dress and get some pretty flat shoes to wear with. Interesting as I have never worn leggings so I'm not sure if it's in fact going to work... we'll have to see! So I'll trundle into town lunchtime to get some maternity leggings which will actually stay over my ever-growing bump!

Oh and baby is 16 weeks old today!! How exciting...

Friday 15th April

Breakfast:
WM Toast
Peanut butter

Lunch:
Jacket potato with beans and cheese from Spud u Like.
First time I've tried them - very nice!

Dinner:
(Hopefully)
Skinless chicken thighs baked with sweet chilli, honey and sesame.
Potato wedges
Carrots, peas

Snacks:
Apple
Carrot sticks
Cherry tomatoes
French fries (from a multipack)

1 x regular coffee
? x 500ml bottle water

Last edited:
Too tired for hair dye too!

Luckily I'm having a lift home tonight so don't have a walk to sap my energy - good job because I WILL cook and I really do need to dye my hair tonight otherwise it's too late!!

Well the hairdying exercise was completely pointless... Hasn't made any difference! I can still see my roots and all that's happened is the lighter bits look marginally darker (I think) so I can safely say that's the last time I use semi permanent!

Also I tried on leggings with the dress - totally didn't work. So I'm going for black hold ups and buying some pretty black flats today to go with.

Thank you!
Wedding was wonderful last night and I also had all my hair cut off eek!
So trying to compose myself ready for the party... And I think I'm going to give the dress a miss for a second day running and go for my maternity linen trousers and a leopard print top.

Well party was a total success! Got home about an hour ago, and totally pooped now!
Hubby really enjoyed himself and didn't have a clue!!

Glad you had a great weekend, I mentioned it to my husband and he now wants a surprise party for his birthday lol! X

Haha kibou- wouldn't be much of a surprise if he's asked for it!!

Well I was supposed to be in London today for work but been getting dizzy spells since Sunday resulting today in not being able to get up or walk around without my head spinning. So I called in sick and can't see it getting any better this week. Luckily I'm just fine sat down so spent the day reading my book on a deckchair in the garden.
Got my 16week appointment with my MW tomorrow so hoping she can shed some light on it. Just hope it's nothing serious.

Lol he was talking about his fortieth which would give me 4 years for me to prepare and for him to forget!
Hope the dizzy spells get sorted, it might be your blood pressure or simply tiredness. X

Hi Sarah,

Could be worse than *having* to sit out in the gorgrous sunshine all day ;)

I know a few people who had fainting spells when they were pregnant, think it can be blood pressure or baby pushing against some nerve / blood vessel and stopping stuff circulating like it should (that's a very medical description there!). Hope the midwife can shed some light on it for you today :)

Diagnosis is low blood pressure.
So a few days off for me, although I'm feeling much better today so getting a few jobs done before we start our major clear out and declutter of the entire house this weekend! Then decorating the following weekend. We're not going to start buying anything until June/July but at least the house will be ready.
We're going to paint the spare room/nursery cream for now as we're going to get all brightly coloured jungle bits to go in, but again that's going to come later.
We're going to be making the most of our neighbours 20% b&q staff discount that's for sure!
Argh how stereotypical - spending the bank holiday decorating. Oh well if I wasn't pregnant we'd probably spend it in the pub so that's got to be a good thing!

Glad you know what's causing the dizziness, but given that, I would keep your involvement in the decorating to choosing the colours and telling your hubby what to do while sitting on a comfy chair ;-)
It's incredible how expecting makes a huge boost to the decorating. We had been in our house for 4 years and had decorated 3 rooms and living with disgusting green and pink carpets when I fell pregnant. Within about 2 months we managed to get most of the rest of the house done! (although we just paid someone to do a much better and much quicker job than us that's why!). Now we just need another baby in order to get our bedroom redecorated and the house would be completely sorted lol!

Back