Sarah83's New Diary

Haha our biggest job is to de-clutter. We've managed to accumulate so much rubbish and we don't use our loft for anything other than Xmas decorations - and with a small 2 bed terrace we really do need to learn efficient storage and ruthlessness!!
We've been here 5.5 years and have done the bathroom, and half done the lounge-diner!! So definitely baby on the way will force us to get our bums in gear!

Hi everyone :D

Well we had a very un-productive long weekend thanks to the glorious sunshine :rolleyes:!

We probably did one solid day of working in the house (as opposed to 4), but that did result in me chucking away about 7 huge bin bags of old clothes :eek: including everything I own in a size 12, and only some size 14s which I hope I will in fact fit into again one day...

I know it sounds awful but I'm hoping for rain next weekend so we might actually get something done, instead of being tempted away to the garden or local park...

It was really lovely though - we had lots of chill out time in the garden, including 2 BBQs and lots of walks in our local park.

Hope you all had a fab time!

Your weekend sounds fab and actually quite productive since you chucked so many clothes away!!! You can get back into size 12 one day I'm sure but I think you were right chucking them anyway as you should buy new one as rewards ( your hubby would probably kill me if he knew I was encouraging you to spend more money lol! )

He was already shocked when we were rooting through them, how many clothes I had never worn which still had the label on... oops!

I am pretty confident I'll fit into the 14s again, and tbh I might be happy enough then and won't want to go any smaller.
Would love to get to a size 14 about a year after I've had the baby ideally, when I've got lots of buggy trips to keep me fit!

Are you back from France now or still out there? Hope the weather's been as nice as it has been here

It does sound like quite a productive weekend to me! And it's a shame to 'waste' the sunshine when you have the opportunity to go outside :)
And I agree, it's a perfect excuse to go out and buy more clothes! I tried selling some of my old clothes on ebay, but it simply wasn't worth the hassle, 99p for a pair of jeans, and that's before the deductions :( So all goes to charity now :)

I came back from France yesterday afternoon, waiting for weigh in this evening before posting...dreading it! X

Don't worry hun, you can always lose anything you've put on. I'm sure it'll be fine x

Here's yesterday's food, hmmm looking at it I really did eat rather a lot...

Tuesday 26th April

Breakfast:
2 slices WM toast with light spread and marmite

Snacks:
2 slices WM bread with peanut butter
Weetabix oaty bar
Apple

Lunch (at pub):
Cheese & tomato omelette, mixed leaves, fries

Snacks:
Fruit salad (apple, plum, satsuma)
Go Ahead crispy slices
(at home) Leftover chicken kebabs from Monday's BBQ

Dinner:
Tagliatelle with a HM tomato, chilli and home-grown basil sauce mmmm
Parmesan
Dough balls and garlic butter :eek:

Snack:
About 6 mikados (new flavour - pistacio)

Mmm they were nice. Hubby gobbled down most of the box mind!

Hi everyone,

Sorry been a bit absent last few days!!

Had a lovely long weekend -

Watched the wedding on Friday, loved looking at all the outfits (and all the hats!), and the whole thing was just beautiful. I really regret not going down to London for the day now as it would have been simply amazing to soak up all the atmosphere.

Saturday - didn't really do much, although we had a few hours sat in our local (hubby pleased as they had a real ale festival on) reading through a baby catalogue

Sunday - went out for Sunday lunch, which was divine (not diet friendly though :eek:):
Starter: Bruschetta topped with tomatoes, basil and garlic
Main: Toad in the whole made with Glamorgan sausages (veggie - made from potato and leek), onion gravy, and lots of veggies
Dessert: (shared) sticky toffee pud

Mmmm was delish :D

Then yesterday we actually did some more clearing out in the house, so we've managed to do one room! Got lots more to do but there is still time...
Oh and I cooked a cottage pie for tea which was scrummy. I'm determined to cook more this week (I know I keep saying that but I honestly mean it this time!!)

Sad day though - we were supposed to be travelling to Gatwick today, ready to fly to Mexico on our anniversary holiday tomorrow :(
I'd obviously prefer my bump over a holiday anyday!! But it's still sad as we'd been so looking forward to it.
So I think we're going to go out for a Mexican to make up for it!!

And it's our anniversary on Saturday so need to think of something to do for the day - will be our 5 year wedding anniversary, 9 year anniversary of our first date. My my how time flies...

Hope everyone is doing ok x

Hey.

Going for a Mexican sounds like a good plan. And there's plenty of time for loads of lovely holidays as a family :)

You've had a busy weekend!

Hi Sarah,

I've been AWOL over the Bank Holiday week but am back to see how we're all doing. Looks like you had a fab and productive weekend. We have been spoilt with all this sunshine haven't we?! Enjoy it while it lasts I say, cos we'll all be whinging when the summer is rainy ;)

I think getting rid of your size 12s is a good idea. I can fit back into some size 14s now that I wore in my student days and while that makes me all smug, I am too old to be wearing baggy courdoroy skate trousers nowadays! As my OH said 'Just because you CAN wear them now, doesn't mean you SHOULD'. Hee hee.

Baby's much better than Mexico!! Just think, you can save the excitement for that holiday for when baby is all grown up and left home and you two wrinklies can scoot off for the long-awaited Mexican holiday that you have been dreaming about for 25 years... You'll appreciate it SOO much by then and it will be even more romantic :)

Ha Ha I love it!! Although I am thinking of a holiday like that sooner... perhaps in about 10 years when I'm a mere 38...

Got exciting holidays to plan before then... like Disneyland Paris which me and SIL think would be the most amazing place to take our babies (when they're a bit older of course) - we'll probably be more excited than the kids!!

I know what you mean about clothes - most of mine were from my uni days, loads of printed T shirts with kittens and dogs and cartoon characters on... really not me anymore, so away they went!

Hubby has suggested taking me to Swansea for the day on Saturday, I'm trying to persuade him that booking a nice B&B would be a good idea too... he's not quite latched onto that idea yet though

It looks like you had a great weekend and another one coming next week, I hope you manage to persuade your husband to book a b&b. It's a shame you can't go on your holiday but think about it this way: you just have a little bit more time to save money for another, even better holiday (or simply for a ticket for baby!)' a bit more time to lose the baby weight and buy loads of new bikinis! X

Morning all :D

I honestly don't regret cancelling our hols, it's just sad as I spent so long planning and picking the hotel, and I know we're not going to have another holiday like that in a long time.
In reality though, I would feel way too fat on the beach, I wouldn't be able to make full use of the all inclusive booze, and I wouldn't be able to eat hardly anything probably, and could get ill.
Thinking that way will put me off!!

Well I was going to cook a potato, cheese & leek bake last night but after feeling really good yesterday, a headache started in the afternoon, and by the time I got home, I could do nothing more than have a warm bath and laze on the sofa.
So hubby warmed me up some tomato soup instead :eek:, I did have WM bread with it though so not all bad!

Forgot to say yesterday, I did have a sneaky weigh on Saturday and I appear to have become a bit complacent... with a 11lb gain @ 18 weeks :eek:
Hmm so I really want to slow that down now, and I think I'll start weighing every week just to keep me on the straight and narrow...

Not sure about the weekend now, we're a bit more skint than we thought as hubby is getting some money through from work, but it's not coming through until the end of the month rather than yesterday which we originally thought. So we're thinking of a cheaper option B, and it has also forecast rain so we need a dry option too. Hmm thinking caps on now...

Why don't you get really nice food in (I'm thinking marks and spencer's put in the oven and wait food), good DVDs you've wanted to watch for ages and some bath stuff and just spend the weekend chilling out and doing nothing together...we used to do that a lot...actually I might plan that too! just make sure you do all the laundry and other chores before Saturday so you really have nothing to do.

Hi everyone :D

Well we had a lovely weekend - ended up going out for dinner on Friday after work in Cardiff.

Went to a Browns Bar which has newly opened, and was truly scrummy...

First of all we had cocktails (well hubby did, I had a mocktail :p) and some gorgeous warm herby focaccia with an olive oil and balsamic dip, then for starters I had crab bound in creme fraiche, on an avocado salad, and hubby had scallops with chorizo and pea puree.
Mmmm hubby's scallops were divine, I tried a teeny bit as I wasn't really supposed to as they weren't fully cooked through (as they should be - most delicious!!)
Then for mains I had tagliatelle in a cream and chive lobster sauce, hubby had steak frites.
Yum yum yum very luxurious.
I can't eat huge portions any more though... I could only manage just over half my tagliatelle (still had all the lobster though)

Then Saturday (our actual anniversary) I took Kibou's advice and we had a lazy day watching movies, and I ordered one of the Tesco Finest meal for 2, along with a cheeky glass of red wine.
Then yesterday we had a totally unproductive morning of breakfast and TV in bed (until about midday ;)), then a productive afternoon of more sorting!

Oooh and I went on Music Magpie and sold a load of old CDs and PC games - got £30 for them all which I was really pleased with as they would have only ended up going to a charity shop.
Oh and I sold my Wii, Wii fit and all the games too - sold to my neighbours mum, for £100 for the lot. A bit less than I would have liked but tbh I'm not sure I would have got any more anyway. And it's all money we can spend on the baby.

So next purchases are a new sofa (hopefully a trip to DFS on the weekend) and a new dining table and chairs (to be ordered from Next), then we're going to get a skip on Spring bank holiday weekend to dump all the big stuff we need to get rid of - mainly pieces of furniture.

It's getting there... slowly ;)

Glad you had a good weekend! You had the best of both worlds, productive weekend and lazy at the same time! X

Morning everyone,

Only 2 days now until my anomoly scan - I can't wait!! Although time seems to be standing still this week which is a real pain in the bum...

And my healthy eating plans seem to be going to pot as well :mad:, I've been eating more fruit but meals have not been great, simply because I haven't had the energy to cook.

As I'm in confession mode, here are my baddies for the last few days:

Saturday:
Breakfast - cheese & herb omelette
Lunch - tinned ravioli on WM toast with cheese
Dinner - Thai fishcakes, (tiny amount of) beef in wine & tom sauce, roasties, leeks and peas. Melt in the middle choc pud

Sunday:
Breakfast - 1 choc and 1 almond croissant
Lunch - Pasta in tomato & cheese sauce with smokey sausage
Dinner - Chicken & ham lattice pie, new potatoes, carrots. Lemon tart

Monday:
Breakfast - WM Toast, LF spread, marmite
Lunch - Jacket pot with beans and cheese
Dinner - Cauliflower cheese & HM oven chips

Tuesday:
Breakfast - WM Toast, LF spread, marmite
Lunch - Pot noodle
Dinner - Half dominos thin crust margharita, some wedges and 2 chicken strippers

Eeek - it's horrendous. I really need to start getting back into the routine of making dinner (and following days lunch) as soon as I get home from work! Instead of sitting down for a bit, which makes me relax and even less likely to do anything.
Thing is I know my food isn't going to be perfect, but ideally I would like good, healthy meals, then a few treats (which I won't feel guilty about).

So plan tonight is to firstly make a curry with the leftover chicken I cooked for hubby's sandwiches on Sunday and freeze it, and for tonight to make a cheese, leek & potato bake with beans for tea.
I'll then have leftovers for lunch tomorrow too so won't have to worry about that.

I really need to start eating more vegetables - that's where I'm falling down I think. I didn't eat any vegetables at all yesterday! At least with tea tonight I'll have 2 portions of veg with the leek and beans, but then that'll probably be it (will eat at least 3-4 portions of fruit though)

Back