Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

Hiya love - hope the weather held out for you this weekend and you had lots of fun :D x x

Hi guys, well I had a fab weekend!
Although the weather was not quite to my taste... in fact it was so windy Friday night that me and DH were just lying there awake terrified that the tent was going to fly away!! :eek:
Foodwise I've been a bad bad girl... I made no attempt to stick to plan over the weekend which included white bread, sausage and mini doughnuts!! :cry:
Don't know what's up with me at the moment, I really want to stick to the plan but seem to have lost my motivation since finding out about our office closing.

It's a bit tricky at the moment as we're completely skint, but I get paid Friday so starting Saturday I'm going back to basics and planning a weeks complete menu using some of the recipes and ideas from the new magazine and adapted from some of my recipe books... I was reading some of the inspirational stories in the mag and they make it seem so easy, and I know it IS easy... I just need that motivation and willpower to kick me up the bum back onto plan :whoopass:

Sorry... rant over! :p

Suppose I'd better get my diary back on track then...

Tuesday 14th September - EE

Breakfast: WM bread (HEXB) sandwich with ham and a bit of light cheese spread (part HEXA)

Lunch: Away with work so had 2 triangles of WM bread with salmon and cucumber - 4syns for bread, 2 syns for any spread, although didn't seem to be any

Dinner: Making KFC Chicken served with SW chips and beans. 2 syns for breadcrumbs.

Snacks: Was starving when I got home so had a couple of cubes of chocolate (4syns??) and a custard cream (3syns) then a mugshot.
Oh and then another 3 custard creams (9syns)

Drinks: 4 coffees with milk from HEXA, 2x500ml bottles water

Total Syns: 24

Last edited:
Here! There's a kick of the bum!...Now you can do the same for me because I'm at the same point. I wake up every morning wanting to be 100% but by 4 o'clock I mess around. I think we both know what to do but it's difficult to get back to that first week motivation. When I first did SW I was amazed by all the free food we could have, now I only seem to focus on what I "can't" have.
Anyway, I guess we just need to keep trying!
At least you've started back pretty well, even with a lunch out with work. Take a day at a time.
Good luck for tomorrow x

Thanks guys.
Been having a long hard think about this today and I've decided that from Saturday I'm starting again from scratch.
New food diary, new weekly progress and back to basics planning ensuring I stick to it to the letter with my third superfree and measured healthy extras and syns. This should hopefully kick me back into action so I start seeing decent weekly losses again.

I've also left a lengthy thread under the TTC forum as me and DH have decided to TTC before I get made redundant next year as it will be the perfect time for me to change jobs and hours. So I'm hoping I'll get a bit of help there in supporting me through that journey.

Wednesday 15th September - EE

Breakfast: WM Toast (HEXB) with some light soft cheese (part HEXA) and sliced cherry toms

Lunch: Salad with mixed leaves, cherry toms, pepper, spring onion, ham , HB egg and FF dressing

Dinner: Leftover cottage pie (approx 4 syns for butter in mash) with peas

Snacks: Monster munch (5.5syns)

Drinks: 1 coffee with dash of milk from HEXA, 2x750ml bottle water

Total Syns: 9.5 so far

Is TTC trying to conceive?? if so, that's very exciting news :)
You don't want to be snacking on monster munch though, pickled onion breath has got be a very effective contraceptive ;)

If TTC means something completely different, ignore me completely.... :)

No, you're right - it is trying to conceive!

Reason for the Monster Munch is because I have run out of fruit, and they were flaming hot flavour... plus it's ok as I ate them at 10am and won't see DH until 5.30pm so hopefully breath should have cleared by then!!

Ah WOW! That is AWESOME news - congratulations on the big decision! How exciting for you!!!!! :happy036:

I turn 30 next year and am bridesmaid for one of my best friends in July and then after that I shall be doing the same!

Happy trying ha ha!! :bananalove:

Thanks hun,
We were planning on waiting but with my job news we just felt now would be the perfect time. Fingers crossed, and if it doesn't happen as quick as we want, at least we'll have fun in the meantime!!

Fantastic news, good luck with the baby making (does that sound rude!?!, anyway, you know what I mean!)...That'll be a great incentive to get more healthy and keep on track.

Thanks girls - I am determined, I want to be 2 stone lighter by the end of the year ideally, so I need to get my bum into gear.

Like I said Saturday I'm starting afresh... I have my meals and snacks planned for the following week, I will be buying loads of fresh fruit, and I'm starting a 30day challenge on the EA Active game I bought a couple of weeks ago.

I'm also going to be giving up wine :eek:
As much as possible anyway ;) So won't go without if we go out for dinner or anything like that (but to be fair that won't be anytime soon - we're totally skint!!)

New Diary

Well as promised, I am starting afresh from TODAY!!

So... I have set up a new diary:

Sarah83's New Diary

So pleeeeeasse come and visit my new diary!!

Love you all!! xx

Back