Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

Right... bit of a funny day as I was away with work...

Wednesday 4th August - EE

Breakfast: Beans and 'fried' egg at home. Alpen Light when I got to Birmingham (3.5syns)

Lunch: 2 ham salad WM sandwich triangles (HEXB) and another salmon one (2syns for bread, plus another 2 for any hidden spreads). An apple and banana
Lots of coffee drunk (HEXA)
2 huge glasses of SF orange and pineapple squash when I got home

Dinner: Leftover beef casserole (OMG it was stunning - so much nicer now the flavours had chance to develop) (0.5 syns) served with rice
Followed by cherries and 2 glasses of wine (9syns)

Total Syns: 17

Syns remaining for the week: 22.5

Not very good on the superfree today :(
Oh... and I got forcefed wine again ha ha!!

Last edited:
You've done well finding SW friendly stuff while away at lunchtime and your chicken dippers / KFC look really nice. I was looking for some breadcrumb in asda today but couldn't find any, are they normally in the stuffing aisle? Anyway, I might try with homemade breadcrumbs at the weekend!

I've got a feeling the paxo ones are near the gravy granules? I ordered mine online though so didn't have to hunt it down...
Thanks - luckily our work buffet lunches are always sandwiches and fruit so generally I know what to expect. Trouble is today most of it was mayo or cheesey grrr....

Thursday 5th August - EE

Breakfast: Beans on toast (HEXB), 1 coffee (part HEXA)

Throughout the morning: 2 x 750ml bottle water, banana, raspberry muller

Lunch: Beef casserole and rice (0.5syns)

Throughout the afternoon: 750ml bottle water, pear, apple

Dinner: Ooops - Pizza Express Quattro Formaggi pizza and lots of wine...

Total Syns: Way way way too many

Syns Remaining for the week: Zero, zilch, nada

Last edited:
Following on from Ellebears post about which plan we all do... I've decided to shamelessly steal Nikkiruth's idea and make a note of how many days of which plan I've done each week.

Hopefully if I start getting stuck it will help me decipher what plan works best for me, whereas at the moment I just go for whatever's easiest (plus I'm convinced I eat less on EE which can't be a bad thing)

Slightly worrying looking back about how many flexi's I've done - have a feeling this week is one of very few 100% weeks :eek:

Oh... and I got forcefed wine again ha ha!!

I'm beginning to get the impression you don't put up much of a fight when being 'forced' wine :party0016:....either that or a team of wine devils come out, pin you down and pour it down your throat???!!! :party0036::busted:

:p

Hope your having a good day x

Following on from Ellebears post about which plan we all do... I've decided to shamelessly steal Nikkiruth's idea and make a note of how many days of which plan I've done each week.

Hopefully if I start getting stuck it will help me decipher what plan works best for me, whereas at the moment I just go for whatever's easiest (plus I'm convinced I eat less on EE which can't be a bad thing)

Slightly worrying looking back about how many flexi's I've done - have a feeling this week is one of very few 100% weeks :eek:

Steal away, if it helps you suceed, Its good to see how you have done over the weeks and on what plan!!!

Hmmm.... clearly I jinxed myself yesterday saying about the wonderful 100% week I was having...
As I managed to spoil it all by allowing my wonderful hubby to persuade me that we really did need to go to pizza express for dinner and as 'it's a treat' I should go for whatever I fancied. Unfortunately for me what I fancied was quattro formaggi pizza with wine (yes those wine devils again!!!)
Oooopssss
I don't feel too bad though... as we always say on here - it was only 1 meal out of 21... so hopefully won't do too much damage

I'm beginning to get the impression you don't put up much of a fight when being 'forced' wine :party0016:....either that or a team of wine devils come out, pin you down and pour it down your throat???!!! :party0036::busted:

Oh it's definately the little wine devils... I really have no say in the matter at all... honest :innocent0002:

Yesterday was a bad day

Friday 6th August
Didn't have a good day yesterday - had some bad news in work in the morning which resulted in me feeling really sick all day. Unfortunately can't even share with you guys just in case as I'm sworn to confidentiality, for a few weeks anyway.
So this is what happened:

Breakfast: HEXB toast with LC extra light and sliced toms

Lunch: Didn't have any as felt sick. Finished work at 2 and met DH. By this time I was starving so gave in to a Greggs pasty. No idea of syns: 19???

Dinner: Finally got round to making my beef stroganoff (let me know if you want the recipe) (1.5syns) served with rice.

Snacks etc: a kinder egg (5.5syns), 4 Oreo cookies (8syns), glass of wine (6.5syns)

Grand total of: 40.5

And did any of it make me feel any better - course it didn't. What a pointless blow-out :cry:

Well I managed to lose 0.5lbs - which I guess I'm pleased with after the last 2 days. Make sure I'm back on track today.

Saturday 7th August - EE

Breakfast: Nothing - 2 coffees

Lunch: Pub lunch: Baked mushroom and perl wen Welsh cheese and bacon on a ciabatta with about 5 chips

Dinner: Lidl marinated frozen turkey fillets (syn free) served with new pots and salad.
Oh... and lots of wine

Total Syns: Damn it another flexi syn day!!!

Last edited:
Well done on your loss Sarah. Hope you are having a nice weekend x

Right - really am back on track today or else I'm really going to struggle

Sunday 8th August - EE

Breakfast: Minestrone mug shot. 2 coffees with milk from HEXA

Lunch: Pasta made with onion, garlic, chorizo, leftover turkey, passata and creme fraiche plus a sprinkling of cheese from HEXA. 2 syns
Diet cherry coke
Fruit pastille ice lolly (3syns)

Snack: Alpen light (half HEXB), coffee

Dinner: Beef brisket slow cooked in chicken stock with leek and carrot. Stock thickened with instant mash to make gravy.
Served with roast potatoes made with a bit of olive oil (2syns)

2 finger kit kat (5.5syns)

Total Syns: 12.5syns

Syns remaining for the week: 77.5/90

Exercise: 1hr 17mins on the Wii Fit

Last edited:
Hi Sarah,
Well done on your loss...goes to show that a flexi-syn day or a nice meal out doesn't ruin the whole week - as long as you appreciated them and enjoyed them it is all OK :)
Thanks for kicking me up the bum and reminding me how important it is to get back on track after a holiday..I've been 100% for 4 days now and feel comfortably back on the SW wagon. WI tomorrow so I'll see if I've shaken off any of those holiday lbs ;) !!

Exercise: 1hr 17mins on the Wii Fit

Well done Sarah. I desperately need to get some exercise in...I may follow your example and set myself a mini goal...

Good Luck Suey for your WI - I'm sure you've lost some of those pesky holiday lbs!!

Bex - I found a Wii Fit challenge on one of the other Minimins forums - it's under Health and exercise I think. Hopefully it'll force me into actually moving around a bit more!!

Monday 9th August - Had to change to EE

Breakfast: 'fried' egg on toast (HEXB) with LF spread(1syn).
1 coffee and dash milk (from HEXA)

Throughout the morning: 2 x 750ml bottle water, cherry muller

Lunch: Turkey salad bowl (resented paying £3 for a jacket potato when I could have a salad for less - trouble is this has screwed up my plans today!!)

Throughout the afternoon: 5 x M&S curiously strong mints (0.5syns), pear, apple. Leftover roasties with EL salad cream (2syns)

Dinner: Spaghetti carbonara (1.5syns and part HEXA) with salad (0.5syns)

Total Syns: 5.5

Syns remaining for the week: 72/90

Exercise: None really - just did the body test on the Wii fit. Am actually aching quite a bit from yesterday!

Last edited:
Feeling a bit poo today - sneezing all morning, have a horrible headache and my eyes are really tired and heavy... think I've caught my friends cold!!

Going to try and stick to green days this week, and might do some fishy days next week to try and boost pre holiday...

Tuesday 10th August - Green

Breakfast: Toast (HEXB) with 2 LC light triangles (part HEXA) and sliced tomato. With 2 coffees with milk (part HEXA)

Throughout the morning: 750ml bottle water, banana, carrot sticks

Lunch: Pasta salad with mixed leaves, cucumber, toms, onion and EL salad cream (1.5syns)

Throughout the afternoon: Kinder Bueno (12syns)

Dinner: I felt yucky really tired so OH treated me to an M&S on the way home: strawberry and vanilla cupcake (!!!), then a ham, mushroom and mascarpone pizza and garlic bread.
In my defence... I didn't eat much as my appetites not quite there - so only had 1/4 of the pizza and a couple of slices of garlic bread. Not great I know...

Total Syns: too many

AAAGH - A bad day!!

Last edited:
Feeling a bit poo today - sneezing all morning, have a horrible headache and my eyes are really tired and heavy... think I've caught my friends cold!!

Oh dear. It's going round here too...so far I am one of the few healthy people left!!!!

Hope you feel better soon x

Back