Sarah's 1st baby pregnancy diary

your scan should be around the 12th week, maybe you can plan around before or after that time. Also if you do get scan and can not make the date you can re-arrange :)

Oooppps just had a plate of buffett food with chocolate cake and cream for dessert .... Bugger ... That pound may not be lost this week x

Got my scan date through - it's next Thursday! I'm so excited now!!
I'll be 11+1

Don't worry about that buffet food, you could still lose that lb... What day do you weigh?

Thanks, can't wait I'm so excited! Plus I can't wait to actually tell people too - it's been horrible keeping it quiet.
Well I had an easy day yesterday with no nausea whatsoever, to now be hit with it again today.
I also can't get over how exhausted I still feel. I was asleep by 9pm last night and I still woke up exhausted today. Trouble is I'm getting nasty headaches whenever I get really tired.

One thing I have noticed, not mentioned before, is my nails are very strong - although they grew quite long before, they were quite prone to splitting and breaking, but over the last few weeks they've been really strong and growing nice. So I think I'll treat myself to a birthday manicure over the weekend while we're in London!

Just hope the glowing, beautiful hair, blooming stage does actually arrive next trimester!

I know the feeling, nausea is hell, but strangly eating helps take the edge of it.
I am not that strong and told people at 7wks, my thinking is well nothing you can do about it, the danger/risk is always their, so why wait 12 weeks you may as well wait till the thing is born.
Congratulations by they way you have done 1/4 of your pregnancy (yes I is that sad!)

Thanks hun - I read that on my pregnancy app this morning - shocking how quickly the time goes!
One of my main reservations about telling people is the fact I wanted to tell my Dad before telling my friends and colleagues. And I'd rather do that face to face, almost with the scan as proof if you know what I mean. I am glad I waited though, I keep going over in my head how I'm going to tell everyone once I've got the scan pic!

You're right - eating definately helps the nausea - mine is much worse on an empty stomach. Just hope it eases off for our weekend away...

aw I understand, and a speical moment has to be planned right :) i hope you have a fab time with your dad :)
Just take lots of ginger snaps hehe, I feel your pain, I am going away to bath this weekend and dreading it slightly but getting to grips in balancing everything out and manging the symtoms!!!

I weigh in Friday morning .. So think tonight and tomorrow may be hitting the treadmill.... I LOVE this thread and come on everylunch just to catch up on how your feeling and if you have told anyone etc ...... Good luck for next week... I am sure it will amazing !!! xxx

aw I understand, and a speical moment has to be planned right :) i hope you have a fab time with your dad :) Just take lots of ginger snaps hehe, I feel your pain, I am going away to bath this weekend and dreading it slightly but getting to grips in balancing everything out and manging the symtoms!!!

Oooh have a fab time in Bath, I love Bath - one of my favourite cities - it's got so much character!

Where are you staying?
First time we stayed for a weekend was in a gorgeous guest house called the Crescent Guest house - was all unique rooms and a gorgeous breakfast cooked with all local produce.
We've also camped there with my dad - but that was a good 30min walk from the city centre.

I really can't wait for London, just need to get some physical energy to match my excitement!

I weigh in Friday morning .. So think tonight and tomorrow may be hitting the treadmill.... I LOVE this thread and come on everylunch just to catch up on how your feeling and if you have told anyone etc ...... Good luck for next week... I am sure it will amazing !!! xxx

Thanks hun!

Don't worry about weigh-in - if you stick to plan 100% today and tomorrow I'm sure you'll be fine. Do you go to class or weigh in at home?

Haha - I won't be telling anyone now until after the scan next week, which will include my tricky money driven outspoken friend, and my Dad :eek:

I do it at home and weigh in on the Wii .... Hubby is fantastic at keeping me motovated though and is very supportive.......Going to play Badminton tonight to try and work off some of the 100000000 syns I have eaten !! xxx

Sorry for being absent the last few days!

Well I had a fab birthday weekend in London, saw all the sites and it was just great being away.
Good news is my nausea seems to have eased off - yay! And I think my tiredness is starting to ease - I'm still in bed super-early every night but I don't feel like a zombie through the whole day!

My boobs are still killing though and I have developed another wierd symptom... like a trapped nerve in my left bum cheek! Sounds funny but at one point last night I could barely walk after getting up... I had a little look online and I think it might be this:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicgirdlepain/

Oooh and I'm very excited because I've got my scan this afternoon :D and I can't wait to see our baby for real this time (rather than a speck like our 7 week scan!). Spoke to my midwife last night and she's going to do my booking in appointment around the scan too so I think we're going to be there a while...

And most of all I can't wait to start telling people! Which will all start tonight.
Ooooh it's exciting stuff :D

I do it at home and weigh in on the Wii .... Hubby is fantastic at keeping me motovated though and is very supportive.......Going to play Badminton tonight to try and work off some of the 100000000 syns I have eaten !! xxx

How was your WI on Friday?

Put on two pounds .. Oooppppsss !!

Glad your OK I was starting to worry when you hadn't been on for a few days xxx

Let us know how the scan goes .. and v v v excited for you on telling people !!! xxxx

Don't worry hun - with a bit of determination you'll have that back off in no time!
Finishing work in about 10 mins to head up to the hospital... feeling really anxious/excited now and trying to cram in lots and lots of water so I've got a nice full bladder!

Well good morning everyone :D

Scan went beautifully well yesterday - we've got a gorgeous picture of our little blob!

They dated me 2 days earlier than what I thought (must update my tickers) which I'm really pleased with, and I had all my blood tests as well as spending hours filling out forms!

Told my Dad last night - he's over the moon! And I've started telling my friends too - they're all really happy too.

It's all good... ! !

I'll post the scan pic tonight off hubby's iphone

Well good morning everyone :D

Scan went beautifully well yesterday - we've got a gorgeous picture of our little blob!
They dated me 2 days earlier than what I thought (must update my tickers) which I'm really pleased with, and I had all my blood tests as well as spending hours filling out forms!

Told my Dad last night - he's over the moon! And I've started telling my friends too - they're all really happy too.

It's all good... ! !

I'll post the scan pic tonight off hubby's iphone

So glad it all went well and that your Dad is chuffed !!! :)

Cant wait for the picture ... Is your ticker up to date now cause I am always looking to see how big little bean is .....

Lost 3lbs this week so now have lost a stone in total... Very happy lady !! Off to a spa for the night with my best mate to celebrate with massages and wine !! xx

Wowee well done on your loss - that's fab!
And have an amazing night at the spa - I love pamper sessions like that! Are you staying the night or coming home?

Yep tickers now up to date - I'm now 11 weeks exactly!

Back