Sarah's 1st baby pregnancy diary

Even thinking about food to buy when shopping makes me feel sick. I just about managed to stomach making cheese on toast for tea last night.

Lexie - I'm the same with big portions too, I kind of go from having room for a bit more to really painfully full - not nice. So I'm sticking to really light meals - beans on toast, etc.

Got a craving for crispy bacon at the mo though so I think it'll be a bacon sandwich for tea!

I had my first midwife appointment at the docs yesterday. Didn't help when I was waiting that they're redecorating - the smell of paint really didn't help my nausea!
I filled in a few details and picked up an Emma's Diary packed (well impressed by the freebies in there!) and details of all my scans and screening etc.
My midwife will then come to the house for my booking in visit. I'm really lucky though as my midwife is a friend of my hubby's family and she's lovely so we're really pleased she'll be looking after me.

Had that terrible hangover feeling again today - I swear it's just that fifth day in work that's doing it to me. I thought I'd be ok this week with a nice lie in yesterday for my appointment, plus Monday afternoon for the scan, but apparently not!
I've got next Friday booked off so I'll only have a 4 day week.

I was also having a think around how they've measured the baby smaller than I thought... well I wasn't tracking my ovulation so there is a good chance I could have ovulated a lot later than I thought, plus the test I took was a first response early response one which can test positive up to 6 days earlier, so perhaps there is a chance I'm a week behind... hmm food for thought.
Guess I'll find out next month when I have my 12 week scan and my speck I saw on Monday actually looks like a baby lol!!

Ahhhh ... all exciting times .... I lost 2lbs this week so have now lost 11lbs and for the first time in around 2 years my weight starts with a 12 stone .... Only 3 more lbs and I will have lost a stone !!!! xxx

Wow hun that's amazing! Good luck on getting the stone off next week... I'm sure you can do it!
What diet/plan are you following?

I was too scared to weigh myself last weekend as I'm sure I've put on! I might brave the scales tomorrow!!
I can't wait for my appetite to return and these food aversions to stop - I really want to jump back on the Slimming World wagon! Even if I don't follow it 100%, as long as I'm eating plenty of fresh fruit and veg I'll know I'm doing better than I am now! x

Im on slimmers world extra easy .... with the occassional blip at the weekend ... Try not to be so hard on myself then so that me and Hubby can grab a coffee & cake etc.

I bet you have lost if your feeling icky all the time .... and even if you have blame that little belly bean in there !! x

I was following Slimming World too - lost 2 stone in just over a year. Slow but I'm ok with that.
I can't wait to get back on it when I stop feeling icky.
Trouble is when I do eat, I am eating bad bad stuff... so I'm not feeling confident lol!

hehe Sarah I had the same problem with this baby - I was feeling sick all the time, and the only food I wanted was junk food, not sure if that was more psychological after being on a diet before hand and losing 6 stone so sort of saw this as an excuse to eat what I like and worry later. Sad really as this is the one time we really should be looking after ourselves and we have another body to think about too. Well, can't change it now (feeling a bit guilty as you can see!).

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Don't feel guilty hun - I've read that no matter what you eat the baby will take what they need.
I do know what you mean though... I'm trying to ease myself back into eating fruit, firstly I'm making sure I have fruit juice every day as I can stomach that, plus I've picked up some oranges and a pineapple from Tesco which I'm going to try and have in work.
I seem to be ok with salads so to get over my aversion to cooking/preparing anything, I bought a big salad bowl which has tomatoes/peppers included, and did myself a tub of that, with some coleslaw and tikka turkey for lunch.
Got to be cheaper than forking out £3 odd for lunch everyday...
I don't think I'll get back on plan completely but I will be happy if I start eating the majority of my meals on plan, and most importantly start eating more fruit & veg!

Well today I'm feeling pretty nauseus (bit better now after 2 ginger teas and a cereal bar) but I'm also feeling really moody :confused:. Now I know mood swings can be quite common, but it's not something I tend to ever suffer with, I never even suffered with PMT. So I'm trying to get through work with my head down, avoiding as many people as possible so I don't bit their heads off!!

Just an update on our weekend: Saturday we did a bit of pram shopping. I've seen one I really like - the Petite Star Kurvi travel system. It's a 3 in 1 pram with a car seat that can be attached on too. So this may end up being the one we go for.
Oooh and yesterday our little neice was born - baby Madison. So we went to the hospital for a few hours in the afternoon to see her. Mother and baby are both really well and I can't wait to spend lots of time with her!!

Thanks - I've been avoiding fizzy drinks because I've been so bloated, but might be worth a shot.
I'm taking the gingersnap biscuit approach today (really good diet I've got at the mo... lol!)
And I swear all my symptoms are getting worse after easing off for a few days - my body is teasing me! Somehow I'm exhausted this morning after getting home from work and sleeping 5pm - 6.30pm, then sleeping through from 9pm - 6am. I could just crawl back into bed now!
I just keep thinking to myself I'll feel better in a few weeks... I'll feel better in a few weeks!
I'm off to London on a sightseeing weekend on the 4th March so I definately want some of my energy back for then!

you WILL feel better in a few weeks, that horrid tiredness does go... then returns in late pregnancy.. I'm just about to enter that phase, made worse by numerous toilet trips during the night and then finding it hard to get to sleep as baby won't stop moving or just a bit uncomfortable. But I'd do it 10 times over for this little man, worth every second!

Thanks hun, not long to go for you now! My SIL just had her baby and I know she started to get really tired again towards the end, although she didn't find out she was pregnant until she was 12 weeks so had no idea what the exhaustion at the beginning was!
I know - I feel awful moaning all the time. I truly feel over the moon that I am pregnant. It's just harder to feel happy when you're feeling rough lol!
I know I'm lucky in that I don't have a LO to look after meaning I can have my evening naps, and early nights.

I feel for ya Sarah - i was so ill for the first 14 weeks - well from 7-14 weeks. I am now nearly 35 weeks. I was so delighted and over the moon when i found out i was pregnant but was as miserable as sin for weeks - vomiting 5/6 times a day, only able to stomach oven chips, toast and junk food, throwing that back up, just so queasy all the time! It does pass believe me and the tiredness, though i was pretty wrecked up until week 18/19. Had loads of energy then till week 30 ish and am tired again now!

Mitten - my pregnancy sounds like a walk in the park compared to yours!
Luckily I haven't had any sickness, only a constant nausea. It's the exhaustion that's really getting to me, I never cope very well when I'm tired, so to feel like it all the time is horrible.

Nausea has eased off a little bit today, but I've been hit by that hangover feeling again. Luckily I've booked tomorrow off as holiday so I can have a nice lie in. I'm absolutely exhausted so I've definately done the right thing in booking hols to give me shorter working weeks.

I'm meeting my friend for a catch up tomorrow - she had her little girl in October and I'm buying a doppler and breastpump off her. Now she doesn't know I'm pregnant (I've told her they're for someone at work), and I'm half tempted to tell her tomorrow. I suppose I'll decide tomorrow.

Oooh and I treated myself to some maternity jeans yesterday!
I had already moved out of my 16s into 18s and they were just not feeling comfy, so I tried a load on in New Look. Opted for some 18s with a really narrow elastic waistband. They're a bit big but although the 16s fitted I was scared if I did put any weight on, my bum or thighs, that they might be a bit snug.
Bargain too - £27 down to £15.

No, but I didn't end up meeting her - I was so shattered on Friday I just couldn't face getting dressed, let alone going out! Gotta love duvet days!

Had a little 1 week birthday party for my baby niece yesterday and my SIL's (and now my!) midwife was there. She's going to call me tonight to arrange my booking in appointment. Really would like to know my scan date now as we're going to book a trip down to my Dad's the weekend after so we can break the news to him and I want to book it all! (He lives on the Isle of Wight - we're in Wales)

How are you doing hun?x

Ahhhh, Bet you can't wait to tell your Dad... Special times !!

I am doing ok .... 1lb to go till I will have lost a stone so trying really hard this week to make sure I do it .. Although a ladies leaving do at work today and lots of cake and finger food ... HELP !!! xxx

Back