Sarah's 1st baby pregnancy diary

Well I gave in today and rang in sick - I feel so rough and it didn't help that I had a rubbish nights sleep. So now I'm lying in bed feeling sick with a horrible headache, really tired but can't sleep! Oh the joys of pregnancy!
I've got tomorrow off anyway so I think a few days of chill out will sort me out!

Hope you feel better soon, I had headaches two times this week and all I could do was rest with some munchies and magazines (what's a girl to do hey,lol )

I know I know, it's just horrible when you have one of those days and just don't feel yourself.

How was your spa night?

Spa was brilliant .... Think I will have put on this week though as the food was not healthy at all... nor was the wine I smuggled in and the box of thorntons !!! Ooopppss .....

Back on it though ....... but struggling ... My Hubby is ill with Man Flu and thats not helping cause he keeps eating naughty stuff (aparently to keep his strength up) lol ...

Are you on Facebook ..... I could add you ?? xx

hey honey - sorry the sickness has got you again :( it really does take you by surprise doesn't it ?? I remember with my last it tailing off at about 10 weeks then hitting me again after my scan but not for long so hopefully it will ease off soon. I totally sympthathise huni xxx Don't worry about being off work - listen to your body chick xx

Hi everyone,

Well I had a bit of an on-off weekend.
Saturday - felt much better and had a lovely day out with my friend who was marvelling at the size of my ever-growing bump! We did a bit of shopping and went out for lunch, but ended up really bloated and uncomfortable all afternoon and evening.

Sunday - felt rough again, although we did go out for lunch and it was the first time in a very long time that I really enjoyed my meal. So hopefully my appetite is coming back!

Today I'm just shattered again and feel quite :jelous:

Never mind, although I am slightly concerned about working a full 5 days this week - something I haven't done in about 5 weeks. :eek: But I really want to save some of my holidays to take before my maternity leave so I'm just going to have to grin and bear it.

On the plus side though I spoke to my midwife and she had all my blood test results - and they were all great, as good as they could be. So that's great news!

I can totally identify, if I have had a good day, for example going out shopping etc, the day after it has consequences. I think take one day at a time, well that is all I can think about. Though yesterday I felt crap today I am so looking forward to my lunch, which is ham and cheese bagette with mustard (lots of it lol) and baked walkers crisps and raspberry yog. I hardly like anything so it is so lovely to eat something you enjoy :)

Hope you feel more perky soon x

I hadn't noticed a good day/bad day trend tbh but will keep an eye out to see if that's what's happening...
Mmm your lunch does sound yummy, I know what you mean about eating something you enjoy, trouble is I've been eating what I think I fancy, and it's not been as nice as I expected! Yesterday was a real yum moment!
I've just had a batchelors pasta in a mug and it really wasn't great.

Hows the wedding planning going? I saw a lovely low-key wedding dress in my pregnancy magazine, have you sorted your dress out yet?x

At least it is something you can enjoy, when the baby is born instantly apperently your tastes go back to normal, OMG I so can not wait for a cup of tea (I am a big tea drinker, but not don't drink it as it makes me nausea).

Aw I love pasta n sauce before but now can not stomach pasta, I love potatoes though, and eat quite a few roasties.

Wedding, argh I am going be mossive by July, finally couble of weeks ago got a pregnant wedding dress from Very which is simple (which I wanted) but lacey as well. That is typical now about pregnant wedding dress, it is a night mare to find and there is no f**king way I am paying the earth for an advertised wedding dress as what is the point it is just paying for the fact it has wedding attached to it and I am on a budget. I am not looking forward to the meal after the wedding because I am of most food, a jacket potatoe will do me fine, thank you very much ;)
I don't know how you do five days a week, I am on shift on a Monday, have uni on Thursday and Friday and that is enuff for me. But I have to dedicate time to my work as well.

OMG just started putting a list together of all the baby stuff that I am going to have to get, thank God we are entitled to materunity grant. I got all excited though yesterday in B&Q where all the wallpaper and wall art stickers, I can not wait to decorate this little ones room :).

How are you getting on with baby stuff, I know you brought a few bits, I have brought umm......... nothing, lol

The dress I saw in my mag was simple and lacy - wasn't from Very though, think it was about £150 which I thought was reasonable. You'll have to post a pic of the dress, I'd love to see it!

I'm sure your appetite will have come back by July (I certainly hope mine has!) so I'm sure you'll really enjoy the meal. What sort of wedding/do are you having?

Now baby stuff... well I've definately got a moses basket and changing mat sorted, I'm also buying a breast pump and a doppler off my friend (can't wait to give the doppler a go!). Then hopefully I'm having a cotbed off another friend, if I can get the part repaired which has broken.

So the only other major thing we need to get is the pram and car seat (probably looking to get a travel system).

I'm really reluctant to buy clothes - firstly because we're not finding out the sex, so that limits what we can get anyway, and secondly because my SIL has been given so much for my neice, there is no way she'll be able to wear it all, so I'm going to get a few basics then play it by ear.

I'm more concerned about the things we've got to do before the baby arrives - we've got so much decorating and sorting through we need to do, plus we need to change our sofa and dining table too (and get rid of the old) - but I haven't had the energy to even think about that yet!

Oh and the other major thing is hubby needs to learn to drive, pass his test and get a car :eek: Neither of us drive (odd I know), his first lesson is tonight.

How hard is it to find a pair of smart maternity trousers!!!
If you want jeans or leggings you're fine but that's no good for work!

Peacocks had one pair of bootcut, which managed to stay way to slim down the thigh and over the knee.

New Look had NONE :confused: only jeans, leggings and cargo trousers

So I ended up getting some from Mothercare, in the sale thank god as they're not cheap. But I'm not too happy as they're grey and a little bit big, but they do have a nice wide leg on them.

On the plus side I joined their baby club, plus had an invite for a shopping evening in a couple of weeks, with refreshments, discounts and expert talks so that should be good.

And yay the sun is shining!!

I shall post a picture soon of the dress :)

I hope my appitte returns, although saying that I have been starving and just eaten so much food this afternoon - but I think it is down to not feeling so good yesterday and not eating much. It swings in around abouts I suppose!!!

I am just getting married at the regiester office and having a meal some close friends and family - I don't like attention on me so it is going to be quite stressful as well as an enjoyable experience :) I noticed you live in Wales, Alan (my OH) is form their and his family will be travelling to Coventry for the day.

My friend gave me a doppler but she said properly won't hear anything till 26 wks, argh. I might invest in the angel one as there are some good reviews. I am going to buy some second hand stuff from Ebay, my OH said he is going to make a cot for the baby. I so can not wait to decorate the bedroom, but after to wait till 9th May when I finish uni as that drains me of so much energy.

I was learning to drive but it so draining at the moment, proberly wait till I give birth and try again. Luckily my OH drives which is a God sent.

Your wedding sounds perfect, I love intimate wedding ceremonies, they can be so much more special than being in a room full of people you don't really know or haven't seen for years!
Definitely post a pic of the dress - I would love to see it :D

Where abouts in Wales is your hubby-to-be from? I might not know it mind as I'm only adopted Welsh (well it'll be 10 years in September!!) and my local geography is pretty limited!

It's an angelsounds doppler I'm buying off my friend - they're pretty cheap on amazon and I've read reviews that people can hear the HB from really early on them, so it's worth a shot AS LONG as you won't get worried if you don't hear anything. I won't as I know I'm bigger so it may take a bit longer.

Still haven't got round to taking a bump picture yet! I will get hubby to do it on the weekend, I have a very significant bump now though - I love it!

I'm biting the bullet on the weekend and dying my hair too - I wanted to wait until after 12 weeks so happy to do it now, just going to try and hunt down the most natural one I can find. My roots are looking terrible so I'll be very happy once they're done.

We've got so much house stuff to do - for starters we need to change our sofa and dining set, plus our spare room (soon to be nursery :D) is currently a junk room so need to clear out everything and start decorating. We're not going to fully furnish yet though as hubby will probably sleep in there for a bit at first rather than having his sleep disturbed when he's got work. And generally we just need to have a mega clear out - I'm a bit of a hoarder so just need to get some black bags and make a few trips to the charity shop.

My nausea seems to have eased now (hopefully for good :D), but the tiredness is most definately not easing. Plus I seem to have a headache constantly now :mad:.

Oh... last thing - I bought Davina's pregnancy work-out DVD and it arrived yesterday so I'm going to give it a go tonight. Will let you know how it goes x

Helllloooo sorry I havn't been around been feeling really poorly :( throwing up and bedridden for a couple of days :( nightmare !!

Sorry to gatecrash if you want a good doppler try this - I had one last time and getting one this time aswell - they work from 12 weeks but I picked a h/b earlier last time Doppler Ultrasound Fetal Heart Monitor : DopplerHire.co.uk

Also just to let you know - your tastebuds totally go back to normal - and the cup of tea after labour is the BEST cup of tea you will ever have in your life :) lush !

xxx

I really feel for you with the sickness, I suppose I've been really lucky with having just nausea - I'm not sure I would have coped throwing up every day.
I'm hoping my friend brings round the doppler on the weekend - I'm desperate to have a go!
I'm having a starving hungry day today... so far since getting up at 6am I've eaten cheese and tomatoes on toast, 2 oranges, a dairylea dunkers with breadsticks, and an Alpen Light bar. Going for my lunch in half an hour and can barely wait. Hope that satisfies me as I've only got an apple and a plum left to last me the afternoon!

My OH'S parents live near Merthyr Tydfil!

Thanks for the name, I get confuddled with names, I am bidding for one, thanks for the link Nikki but I would like one to keep and they are advertising for hire.
I don't feel confident to tkae a picture of my bump as I just look fat :( But can not wait to see your bump :D

Good luck with finding a hair colour, I need my hair cut but waiting till I feel a bit better as I don't have the energy to sit there and get it done!
My flat looks like a bomb as hit it, especially my spare room as last Friday the shelves collapsed with so much crap on it - luckily my OH noticed before it fell on me at a later date!!!

My nausea fluroiates from day to day, some times it is ok but other times not so good but I am just getting used to it being there and one of them things. I have headaches from time to time, have you had your iron levels checked as one of the signs for animia is headaches/dizzyiness.

Oh that's not far from me at all - I live in Pontypridd and work in Cardiff.

I had my iron levels checked at my scan 2 weeks ago and they were really good, so I don't think it's that - I think it's just because I'm so tired tbh, the relentless tiredness that never seems to cease ;)

Def go and have your hair cut - I felt tons better when I had mine done a few weeks ago - felt like I was actually making an effort rather than just looking like a slob lol! I'm hoping some colour will do the same.

Feel like a zombie in work today - just have a constant haze in my head because I'm so tired, and I've been getting 9-10 hours sleep every night so it's not that. Urgh just hope I start feeling better soon.

Haha I try not to moan about it too much so do it virtually!!

It is all worth it in the end though

Haha I like a moan, I pretty much hate pregnancy, the only thing I will enjoy is having a bundle of joy at the end :p How anyone can say they enjoy or bloody enjoy it, like **** off, nooooooo, it is mostly hell!!!!

Back