Sarah's 1st baby pregnancy diary

Any excuse for shopping me!!
Well the Dorothy Perkins stuff arrived - I have kept 2 tops but the rest is going back. There was a black strappy dress I fancied but it was double the price of the New Look one, so I'm sticking to that!

Plus hubby likes it as it 'shows my bump off nicely' :D

Well today I'm feeling really really tired again :confused: Not good.
I hope my body hasn't fooled me again giving me a couple of weeks off before the tiredness returns... I think an early night tonight and see how I feel tomorrow.

Counting down now to my 16 week check-up... not sure when exactly she'll book it in for, chances are it'll probably be late again! I'm not too worried though. We've made a decision not to have the blood test that tests for Downs Syndrome. We wouldn't go ahead with further tests due to the miscarriage risk, so there isn't really much point in worrying from the off - what will be will be. So for me there isn't as much urgency for my 16 week check up.

Also counting down until my 20 week scan - can't believe how soon it is - only 4 weeks away :D And there's so much going on over the next few weeks I just know it's going to fly by.

I'm also feeling much more reassured being able to listen to bumps HB every few days on the doppler, makes me stop worrying about what could go wrong.

Hope you all had great weekends in the sunshine xx

aw, I can not wait till 4pm after my shift so I can go bed, I am so tired still lol
aw, my midwife appontment is on Friday, I am not sure what it involves - she might be able to hear baby's heartbeat, who knows :)
You know I have the same 20 wk scan on the 13th May, freaky or what!!!

Hi, it must be amazing to hear your babies heartbeat on the Doppler. I may get one of those as I would love to hear mine. Which one did you get?

I'm sure the 4 weeks will fly by for you.

Hope the tiredness stays away for you.

Take care
Kelly x

Its an angelsounds one I've got and used it for the first time at 13 weeks.
I think you've got to have the right frame of mind using a Doppler. I know I'm not one to panic so was happy getting one, there's no way I would have if I knew I'd worry all the time!

I'm not happy - it appears as though the tiredness and nausea have returned :mad:

Yesterday I had sardines on toast for breakfast in an attempt to have some Omega 3. Now usually I like this for breakfast (I know some people cringe at the idea of fish for brekkie!) but it made me feel very sick, and I continued to feel sick all day. Although my cat was happy as he ended up eating 2 brekkies after I gave him sardines too!

I was also completely shattered yesterday - sleepy in work, then exhausted walking home. Meant I just crashed out and didn't do anything last night.

Today I'm really sleepy again, and feel sick again (minus the sardines).
I just hope it hasn't really come back and is just a bad couple of days - I've got a hectic weekend so really need my energy levels on the up!

Got a crazy day of shopping Saturday (payday) for shoes, as well as having my haircut, then the wedding on Saturday night. Then hubby's surprise 30th birthday party on Sunday. So ideally I want to feel great!

I'm also braving dying my hair tonight (first time since start of December!).
So I bought a Botanics semi-permanent in a darker blonde and it's only 10mins development time.
Plus I actually did a strand test and sensitivity test for the first time in my life!! Thought I better had in case the hormones make my hair go green :p

Hope you're all doing ok xx

I tried all the ginger biscuits/ginger tea etc etc when I was really nauseus at the start and nothing worked tbh. And I would love a bath... just a shame I won't be able to have one until I get home past 5pm tonight. You're right baths do really help, they are the ultimate relaxation tool!!

Sarah I feel your pain, I was in bed most of today. Although, the sickness is better and not always so perdominant so maybe we may get good and bad days which is better constantly having it :)
I am eating cheese with chieves and garlic, nomnomnom!!!!

Ah Hun you haven't had it easy either. Strange though - I live about a mile from the train station and usually powerwalk it home perfectly happy. Today (and yesterday) I really struggled and it took me at least ten mins longer. It's crazy I've almost gone from being mentally tired/ sleepy all the time to being physically exhausted.
Also highlight of the day - I must look pregnant as 2 women offered me their seats on the train! I was too embarrassed to say yes!

I know! Never mind, another excuse to hubby for me not to do anything too strenuous... Guess who's doing the housework this weekend?!

Hey I must try that one. Although I must say that my husband has been helping a lot more around the house. So there's another perk to being pregnant.

I feel ur pain with the sickness. With last 2 babies i had terrible sickness all the way through. Fingers x i dont get it this time.

Have they checked ur iron count?

Last pregnancy i just bought normal jeans and didnt button the top as it was so hard to find a nice pair of maternity jeans. Hopefully i'll get away with doing that this time too. as its my last i defo dont wanna waste money that could be used on the bubba

Honestly I swear by new look - got 2 lovely pairs of maternity jeans and they're only £16 each - bargain!

Thanks Hun, I did have my iron checked at the same time as my dating scan at 10+6 and it was fine. Im trying to increase the amount of iron I'm eating though, plus I'm taking pregnacare all the way thru.

I ordered everything online - my New Look is rubbish with sizes too. I ended up ordering about £140 worth of stuff but I'm sending over £100 of it back as I didn't like it!! Apart from my lovely jeans and the dress.
You can return anything you don't want to the store for a refund which I thought was pretty good - so that's one of my many errands tomorrow!

Back