Sarah's Diary

Hey Sarah

Which gym do you go to ? I have just been to view Guinea Gap but it seemed a little small although maybe that is better ?

Hi Colette, sorry for not replying sooner. Just sent a PM in case you don't see this reply, but we go to Leasowe Castle :)

Okay, so it's been a while, with good reason! It's been a bit of a stressful and emotional couple of months. We lost a friend at the end of June and had to deal with that which was quite a shock and pretty hard to take, and then probably one of the worst weeks of my life that I can remember, a lot of traveling, funeral, car packed in (once back home thankfully), and then moving house. It all came at once and took a lot out of us.

However, we're back on track now, been back to the gym this week and just looking to lose what we can in the next 11 weeks before the wedding. Luckily, during our 'time off' we didn't really put any weight on, 1-2lbs but nothing major, which was pretty good considering it was the typical takeaway food diet whilst we got sorted!

So I've attempted to start back with the Rosemary Conley fat attack fortnight to kick start me back into things, and it was going fine until last night when we went to a friend's 30th. I didn't drink any alcohol and just stuck to fruit juice, but some of the buffet got the better of me, so I need to put in some extra exercise this weekend to make up for the slip up.

We managed two sessions in the gym last week, and finally, after Friday, I actually started to feel like I'd had a work out. I upped my weights, upped the resistance level on the bike, and felt like I'd put effort into it. We're aiming to get back to 3 sessions a week as soon as possible, but a meeting this week means we'll only get 2 sessions in again this week, so we'll just have to do what we can at home to make up for it.

I've also started with my slender tone belt again. I'm hoping that using that along with the diet and gym sessions will help to tone my stomach a little bit. I've not given it a proper go yet so 5 times a week for the next 11 weeks and hopefully I'll see some change.

After trying on Wedding dresses last week I think I'm suddenly feeling even more motivated to lose as much size as I can before the big day. Despite wearing size 16 jeans I was put down for a size 20 dress! It was so heartbreaking to hear. I know different places have different measurements for sizes (I have a size 10 coat and a size 22 cardigan from different shops, and both fit about the same!), but to be told I need to have a size 20 wedding dress just wasn't a happy moment. At least they can take it in so I'm hoping I'll need that :)

Here's to the next 11 weeks (plus the one just gone!)

Okay, so time to get back into dieting. Wedding has been and gone (it was a great day!) and now onto the next stage... baby making :D I know I'm overweight although my Mum works for a gynaecologist who she's spoken to about me and she (the gynae) said that I needn't worry too much. Although I was 7lb lighter then! I need to try and at least get down to a BMI of 35 as that's a safer bracket to be in. Ideally more of course.

So I've had a bit of a read around and found out that you can do Slimming World and Weight Watchers diets whilst pregnant. Each month I need to assume I could be, I don't drink when there's the potential to be pregnant (not that I drink much anyway!) and I'd rather be on a diet that's safe for pregnancy. So when I'm next out I'm going to pick up a SW mag and have a good read, see what it's about now as I think it's changed a bit since I last tried it back in 98/99!

We're away this weekend at a family party so I've got no real chance of following a diet then, although I've been doing my best to still eat heathily recently anyway. So the plan is read up on the diet and try it come Monday. I'm seeing a friend in a couple of weeks who's on Weight Watchers so I'll try SW for a fortnight and then see what WW is about and work out which fits me better.

I also need to get exercising again. The days are going to be much longer after the weekend (BST is here!) and if nothing else, a half hour walk outside is needed. We (DH and I) both work from home so the walk to work takes less than a minute! Need to get the Wii set back up on a working TV after I moved it into the lounge where it was warmer over the winter, yet the TV won't pick it up now. So get the Wii back into the conservatory on the spare TV out there and get on Wii Fit Plus once a day.

This diary will probably become a TTC (trying to conceive) diary too no doubt!

So, I picked up a slimming world mag last night (after walking to the supermarket and not driving!) and have started to read that. I'm still unsure as to which diet to go for. Although I prefer the idea of SW, weight watchers seems easier as there's so much branded food around, plus with a friend doing it, it'd be nice to share tips and ask questions. Shame she's too far away else we could go to meetings together.

However, I'll have a read and try SW for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. To be honest I prefer to cook food from scratch rather than using ready meals, and so I doubt I'd be overly impressed with the WW meals anyway!

We've also been trying to get more fish in our diet recently. Last night was a mix of tiger prawns, scallops and monkfish with egg noodles and veg plus a sweet chilli sauce on the noodles. Absolutely gorgeous :) Just a shame monkfish is so expensive, but I've been given suggestions for where it's a lot cheaper so need to investigate!

One more day of work and then it's the weekend :D

Well, I was all set to give Slimming World a go this week using the mag as a guide, but I think we ate something iffy last night as we both feel awful. I've been up since 5.30am with a bad stomach and nausea. Felt a bit better by the late morning so got up, attempted a bit of work, had a bit of breakfast and feeling awful again :(

So I won't be eating much at all today!

On the TTC note I'm in the two week waiting period now so no alcohol, no partly cooked food (no rare steak!), no pate etc. etc. I'm on vitamin B6 to try and help lengthen my luteal phase, as I discovered last week that it was only 9 days (going by my morning temperature), and it needs to be a minimum of 10, but ideally 12 days. I'm hoping it was just shorter due to stress last month.

Feeling a lot better today. I didn't have the best sleep last night but I've managed to have a bit of toast this morning and so far I'm okay. Still not feeling great but at least the pains have eased.

My DH bought me Wii Sports Resort yesterday as an early birthday present. Should be here by the weekend I hope. There's another incentive to get the Wii back on to a TV that works properly and get using it again! I was going to yesterday but by the afternoon I barely had the energy to move. I'll see how I feel later although I've got a lot of work to catch up with today now after missing a lot yesterday.

A light day of eating ahead for me. I've got homemade vegetable soup out for lunch and I think just some eggs for dinner. May have a go at a fritata :)

Survived eating yesterday so I think the bug has gone. Almost back to normal eating but still eating lightly as I don't know how delicate my stomach still is.

I've decided this weekend that I need to get all boring and plan my meals a week in advance. This way I'm less likely to deviate from them, plus it makes it easier especially when I'm working until late like last night.

I've got a chart to print off and put up. It lists the days for a fortnight and then down the side are 5 rows saying 'veg', 3 saying 'fruit', 1 for yoghurt, 1 for water and 1 for 30 mins exercise. The idea is I tick them all off each day. Again, yes I know, probably sounds boring but unfortunately improvising has got me to the weight I am today :(

We're also going to get DH's bike sorted out soon, as his gears need replacing, and then hopefully we'll start getting out on the bikes. The plan is to go out for either a 30 min walk or hour bike ride after dinner each evening, now that it's light. If we can manage this at least 3 evenings a week and then a longer bike ride on the weekend then it should make some difference I hope.

I said to DH last night, we need to pretend we have a dog and have to take it for walks. I need to dig my pedometer out too so that I can keep track of how far we go :)

Wohoo, it's the weekend, it's a long weekend and I've just finished for the day! Plus Wii Sports Resort arrived today so I'll be shifting the Wii tonight and have a play :D I'm like a kid with a new toy I know :)

Yuk :( Looks like TOTM is rearing its ugly head. Was so hoping that this was the month we'd get a BFP :( For the last 10 days I've had various symptoms, aches, pains etc. even to the point of feeling exhausted on Friday and really thought I could be having implantation symptoms. But today the spotting has appeared, I've got cramps, I feel something's sticking into the ribs on my right side, and I just want to go to bed and stay under the duvet all day. It's tempted as I'm only in the room next to the bedroom, but unfortunately I have too much work to do :(

However, from a different point of view, I'm going to take the next two weeks and start on the Rosemary Conley kick start diet. That should hopefully get me back into the weight loss game, possibly knock off these extra pounds that I've put on since the wedding, get my BMI back down to 35 and then I'll just eat a healthy and balanced diet for the second fortnight until I know if anything's worked in April!

I got a £5 off slimming world voucher through the door on the weekend (clearly someone knew to put it through!) which is valid until the end of May so that gives me the incentive to decide if I'm going to make a full time switch to SW or not. As much as I love the sound of the example day's menu on the leaflet (eg. bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast plus a bowl of fruit salad) I really don't see how that can work! The RC diet has the right idea. Low fat, healthy, balanced, regulate your calories and exercise.

We'll see. I'm still undecided! Need to get through the next day or two of cramps and nausea first :(

Okay, TOTM isn't going to happen as I'm pregnant!! :D

Yesterday I did a test and it was a very very faint line, to the point that I wasn't sure if I was just trying too hard to see one. So this morning I tried with two different tests and the digital one came up saying Pregnant 1-2 weeks (since conception).

I know it's in the early stages, and I'm in the risky period, especially being overweight, so besides telling my parents and DH (of course!) we're keeping it to ourselves for another month. I just want to be sure that it's going to stick and stay.

So there will be no 2 week kick start diet! Instead just healthy eating, increasing my intake of fruit and veg, especially veg with iron in as I seem to be low on that, and we're going to definitely start with the exercise of walking and cycling. A half hour walk around the village or down by the sea ideally everyday. Get some fresh air into us and our legs stretched. I'll also still use the Wii Fit as I don't think that's over exerting myself too much.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that it sticks and come Christmas time we'll either have a new born baby or it'll be ready to come out!

I'm not going to get much work done today I don't think!

Back