Sarah's first attempt at calorie counting

I got caught out with low fat super noodles the other day. ...The front of the pack says the calories per serving. ...then on the back under the flap it says 2 servings per pack. ...who eats half a pack of noodles! !!!!

Easiest way to bump up your posts ----- Go to the forum page, find it on the left had side at the top of this page. Click on that then click on Entertainment then scroll down to chit chat. On there you will find all sorts of time wasting games, only takes seconds to do one and keep doing them until you get your post number up. Easy to do in a day.

I noticed that when shopping yesterday, multipack bags of twirls were on offer... and I realised the calories were only for one stick and not both! x

Yep, I spotted that yesterday. I was buying a multipack of the lowest calorie bars I could find, and would probably have gotten caught out if I hadn't just noticed the fruit labels.

Easiest way to bump up your posts ----- Go to the forum page, find it on the left had side at the top of this page. Click on that then click on Entertainment then scroll down to chit chat. On there you will find all sorts of time wasting games, only takes seconds to do one and keep doing them until you get your post number up. Easy to do in a day.

Thanks Systema. I think I only need about 20 more posts before I can access most stuff anyway, so it shouldn't be too long before I reach that! :)

Today is the first day I have been finding a bit tough. I'm not feeling great, and I'm really tired & my concentration is off. I would normally be having a sugar fix right about now, but I'm going to resist!

I recommend Cadbury highlights for the afternoon lull....only 38 calories and give a much needed boost x

Ended up being a bit silly this evening, and having too much snacks/treats. Still within my calories, but think I would have been better off using up the calories on other stuff besides chocolate. It was just one of those days. Having said that, 'one of those days' for me would usually be a LOT worse, so at least I'm sticking to my calories!

Breakfast (228 cals)
Crunch nut cornflakes with almond milk

Lunch (358 cals)
Sandwich with gluten-free bread, ham & light cheese spread
Small fruit bowl
2 tesco s&v ricecakes

Dinner (469 cals)
2 quorn peppered steaks with baked sweet potato fries
Tea with skimmed milk & a curly wurly

Snacks (139 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk & Milkyway crispy rolls
Can pepsi max (really need to stop drinking so much of this...had bought a multipack so not buying anymore once it's all gone)

Total: 1294 cals

I have days like that where I'm still in on calories. ...I think its ok on occasion but I try not too do it regularly as it is way too much sugar and not much good stuff. ...well done though on knowing when you'd had enough. ... even the bad days for me a good in comparison to the old bad days now! !!!!

I have days like that where I'm still in on calories. ...I think its ok on occasion but I try not too do it regularly as it is way too much sugar and not much good stuff. ...well done though on knowing when you'd had enough. ... even the bad days for me a good in comparison to the old bad days now! !!!!

Yep, definitely a habit I don't want to get into. I do like to have a cup of tea & something sweet after my dinner which I have already been factoring in, but I don't want that to be a daily thing. From next week, I'm going to try and increase the calories I'm having with lunch & dinner, and limit myself to maybe 2-3 days a week having something sugary after dinner. The pepsi max is also going as soon as the cans I have are gone.

I still have my diet coke. ...I know it's not really good for me but it's one of my treats. ...I used to drink shed loads of wine so I figure swapping that for a glass of coke is a fair swap!

I recommend Cadbury highlights for the afternoon lull....only 38 calories and give a much needed boost x

Me too - I have 2 or 3 every day - I don't drink tea or coffee so they have become my regular hot drink.

Sugar free jelly is my other "fix" I have that everyday with yogurt and fruit. Aldi do them and they are cheaper than the branded ones - don't buy WW ones they are rubbish and don't set very well. I bought some on offer in Morrisons and ended up having to mix them with others to make them set.

I still have my diet coke. ...I know it's not really good for me but it's one of my treats. ...I used to drink shed loads of wine so I figure swapping that for a glass of coke is a fair swap!

No it's not :D

Definitely better than wine, and also much better than coke which I could drink litres of! I have some stomach issues though & get migraines too, so I try to stay away from too much artificial sweeteners. So for that reason, I'm gonna try to limit it to an occasional rather than daily thing.

Decided that I'm going to finish up a bit early at work today, and I'm going to get my hair cut! :) I've been needing to get it cut for months, so it's long overdue!

So my plan of avoiding the sugary stuff didn't go too well today, but I did still stay within my calories. Since this is only my first week calorie counting, and it was also a bit of a crazy week at work (the kinda week I would usually be stuffing my face with Dominos pizza, crisps, chocolate, etc.), I'm not going to worry too much, as long as I am within my calories. I will work on all those other tweaks to the plan in the coming weeks.

Breakfast (228 cals)
Crunchy nut cornflakes & rice milk

Lunch (308 cals)
Ham sandwich with gluten-free bread, ham and light cheese spread
Small fruit bowl
2 satsumas

Dinner (568 cals)
Quorn cottage pie
Tea with skimmed milk & curly wurly

Snacks (117 cals)
Mini pepperami (saw these in Tesco & was intrigued)
1 cheese ricecake
Cadbury highlights (fudge flavour)
Can pepsi max

Total: 1221 cals

Delighted with how my hair turned out. Never usually happy after, but she did a really good cut. It was long overdue! All in all, it's been a really good week! :)

Well done; you've done really well this week!

Thanks Bella. I found yesterday evening tough. I was hungry & really tempted to eat a load of crap. Yesterday was a bit of a funny day because I was away with work and got home later than I thought, so I went too long without eating and then ending up snacking a bit while waiting for my dinner to cook.

Friday
Breakfast (228 cals)

Lunch (228 cals)
Ham sandwich with 2 gluten free bread, slice ham & light cheese spread
Diet pepsi
2 tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (545 cals)
Chicken stirfry with broccoli and rice
Tea with skimmed milk, and a curly wurly

Snacks (250 cals)
Fruit tub
3 cheese ricecakes
2 mini pepperami

Total: 1251 cals

I have a family christening next weekend. I'm really excited because I haven't been home in a while, so I can't wait to get home and see all my family. But I have to go into town this morning to try and find a dress to wear. I'm really dreading it because the last few times I have gone shopping, I haven't been able to find anything that looks nice on me, and I always end up feeling really down and crap about myself. I'm worried that I won't be able to find anything, because I'm not going to have time to shop again before the christening. Fingers & toes crossed I find something!!

Ugh, shopping was awful. Went through lovely dress after lovely dress but none of them fitted right or looked nice on me. Eventually found one that I'm happy-ish with, so it will have to do. Really looking forward to some day being able to go shopping again without feeling down in the dumps after!!

Ugh, shopping was awful. Went through lovely dress after lovely dress but none of them fitted right or looked nice on me. Eventually found one that I'm happy-ish with, so it will have to do. Really looking forward to some day being able to go shopping again without feeling down in the dumps after!!

I know that feeling, I have to be in exactly the right mood for shopping! Even now when I can shop and find stuff that fits I don't like the style because I've been so used to covering up for years!

Thanks Bella. I found yesterday evening tough. I was hungry & really tempted to eat a load of crap. Yesterday was a bit of a funny day because I was away with work and got home later than I thought, so I went too long without eating and then ending up snacking a bit while waiting for my dinner to cook.

Friday
Breakfast (228 cals)

Lunch (228 cals)
Ham sandwich with 2 gluten free bread, slice ham & light cheese spread
Diet pepsi
2 tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (545 cals)
Chicken stirfry with broccoli and rice
Tea with skimmed milk, and a curly wurly

Snacks (250 cals)
Fruit tub
3 cheese ricecakes
2 mini pepperami

Total: 1251 cals

Hi Sarah,

I think you made some good snack-choices yesterday evening- packing in the fruit and protein and even then you had a good day with under 1300 :) I find that when I leave it too long without eating I can't stop eating once I start.

I hope you enjoy the Christening and have a lovely time at home next weekend!

Back