Sarah's first attempt at calorie counting

Hi Sarah,

I think you made some good snack-choices yesterday evening- packing in the fruit and protein and even then you had a good day with under 1300 :) I find that when I leave it too long without eating I can't stop eating once I start.

I hope you enjoy the Christening and have a lovely time at home next weekend!

Thanks Bella. I was soooooo tempted to not make dinner and just keep snacking instead, but forced myself. Finding today even more of a challenge since I've been sitting at home since the afternoon. Working on some stuff on my computer, but being around the house like this really makes me want to snack. I have very few calories left for today and I reaaaallly want some chocolate!! Tomorrow morning is weigh in so I'm trying really hard to focus on that & not start eating crap!

Breakfast (228 cals)
Crunchy nut cornflakes with rice milk

Lunch (531 cals)
2 cheese ricecakes (had these while waiting on the waffles, was starving when I got home from shopping)
2 potato waffles
Tea with skimmed milk & 2 curly wurlys (not good!!)

Dinner (347 cals)
Quorn pork steak with rice & frank's hot sauce

Snacks throughout the day (193 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk & 1/2 crispy roll
Melon
Mini pepperami stick
Cadbury highlights drink

My first proper weigh in this morning. Lost 2 lbs to bring me down to 12st 0.5lbs. I know I should be happy with a 2lb loss, but since it was my first week and I was eating so much less than I usually do, I was kinda hoping for a big loss to break into the 11s. Next week hopefully! :)

My first proper weigh in this morning. Lost 2 lbs to bring me down to 12st 0.5lbs. I know I should be happy with a 2lb loss, but since it was my first week and I was eating so much less than I usually do, I was kinda hoping for a big loss to break into the 11s. Next week hopefully! :)

2lbs is fantastic, well done x

Thanks! :) Ya, I am actually quite happy with it. And it gives me something to work towards next week. Hoping to get back down the the 11s and never ever let myself get back to the 12s. I've just realised that I only started about 10 days ago and since then have lost 5.5lbs, which I'm thrilled with. Definitely can't expect more than that while still eating chocolate and not exercising!! :)

Thanks a lot Silvermoon! :)

Have a lot of work stuff that I needed to get done today, but I have not been feeling well. Think it's a mild migraine, it came on when I was going to bed last night, and it was still there when I woke up this morn. The head pain has mostly gone away with paracetamol & ibuprofen, but the nausea hasn't. So I've kind of been grazing on carby/salty foods to make me feel better. Still trying to decide what to have for lunch, cause I just don't feel like normal food. Might have some potato waffles.

Food was a bit different to usual today because I wasn't feeling great. Feeling good that I am managing to stick to my calories on days like this too though.

Breakfast (230 cals)
Porridge with a sprinkle of sugar
2 tea with skimmed milk & 1/2 a crispy roll (because I wasn't feeling well, I was lounging on the sofa for most of the morn so "breakfast" was over a few hours)

Lunch (326 cals)
3 potato waffles
Tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (466 cals)
Quorn peppered steak with rice & frank's hot sauce
Tea with skimmed milk and curly wurly

Snacks throughout the day (197 cals)
Bag of S&V snackajacks
Melon
Mini pepperami

Also ended up having a Cadburys options drink and a cheese snackajack later in the eve which brought me up to just under my 1300 cals.

Last edited:
I hope you are feeling better today. 5.5lbs in 10 days is fantastic! :mermaid:

Thanks Bella. Feeling good again today. Have gotten really keen on weight loss shows since I started my diet, and watched a few episodes of a year to save my life & biggest loser yesterday when I wasn't feeling well. Have now gotten a bit addicted to biggest loser (which I never watched before) & started watching season 13 on YouTube. The people on it are amazing, don't know how they manage with the crazy workouts!!

Meal plan went well today. Have started having porridge for breakfast and it seems to keep me full for longer in the morning.

Breakfast (154 cals)
Porridge with a sprinkle of sugar
2 tea with skimmed milk

Lunch (453 cals)
Sandwich with gluten free bread, ham light cheese spread and rocket
Muller light
Tea with skimmed milk & crispy roll

Dinner (550 cals)
Chicken salad with broccoli & mushrooms, with rice
Tea with skimmed milk & curly wurly

Snacks (38 cals)
Mini pepperoni
Can Pepsi max

Total: 1195 calories

Going to try and stay at 1200 calories this week if I can since I know I will be going a bit over at the weekend.

Last edited:
I know that feeling, I have to be in exactly the right mood for shopping! Even now when I can shop and find stuff that fits I don't like the style because I've been so used to covering up for years!

Well done on the weight loss - that is amazing. 5.5 in 10 days :wow::wow::wow:

I do exactly the same and have to get away from wearing black clothes all the time. Shopping - my favourite hobby, do it every day and shopping on line (except for Amazon) does not appeal to me in the least. :)

Porridge is great for helping you feel full, I alternate protein+toast with porridge.

Ooh have you been watching the 'Obese; a year to save my life' episodes that have Jessie Pavelka in? I mostly watch it for him! I'll have to watch 'Biggest loser' at some point too :)

I have recently watched all of them and the other with the Beckham looking guy in them (don't remember his name). They ran them all on Really on Sunday mornings and I used to do my walking to them so I did not feel guilty. :eek:

I have porridge every day with a probiotic yogurt and fruit and have not changed it for years.

I have recently watched all of them and the other with the Beckham looking guy in them (don't remember his name)..

Jessie Pavelka is the Beckham looking guy- God/nature was having a good day when he was made! lol

YES!! Jessie was in all of the episodes I saw....might have something to do with why I've gotten addicted to it!! :giggle:

The guys in biggest loser aren't too bad either, but find them a bit scary/mean which is offputting. Whereas Jessie just seems completely lovely!!

Had planned on working late today but ended up leaving at my normal time as I wasn't feeling 100%. Journey home took more than twice the usual time cos of traffic and by the time I got home I was feeling shivery & crap, and had pains in my back. Feeling fine again tho.

Breakfast (154 cals)
Porridge with sprinkle of sugar
Tea with skimmed milk

Lunch (363 cals)
Sandwich with gluten free bread, ham, light cheese spread & rocket
Muller light
Fruit pot

Dinner (512 cals)
Quorn piri piri & rice (thought I was working late so had taken this out of the freezer so I wouldnt have to cook)
Tea with skimmed milk & curly wurly

Snacks (257 cals)
Salt & vinegar snackajacks
Crispy roll
Cadbury options drink

Total: 1286 cals

Kinda annoyed with myself about the snacking. I didn't need all those extra snacks. Not gonna beat myself up about it tho!

Last edited:
Food looks really good for under 1300 cals x

Extreme Weight Loss with Chris Powell was the other one - thank goodness for google. :) https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...=isch&q=chris+powell+trainer&revid=1239015644

Yep, I actually watched this over the weekend too. I'm actually getting mixed up now between all the fit instructors!!

I clicked on one of the links there and it was a blog from one of the people who had been on Extreme Weight Loss with Chris. They made him down loads of water & stuff at the start so he would weigh more, made them take diet pills, and have flushes, and they were on really extreme diets (not the ones that were shown on tv) and some of them even moved onto a fitness ranch for a few months (also not shown on tv!)!!! Probably shouldn't be surprised, but it's very disappointing! I'm sure they do those kinda things on all of those extreme weight loss shows. Couldn't be healthy!

Food looks really good for under 1300 cals x

Thanks Becky. I'm finding the food fine for meal times, and not too much different to what I would have always had (apart from takeaways here & there). My biggest problem has always been snacking. Kind of annoyed at myself that I had that crispy roll last night because I was just after having a curly wurly so it was totally unnecessary. But at the same time, I'm glad that I at least had the control to stay within my calories.

Feeling really hungry today for some reason. Had my porridge again for breakfast which I have been finding keeps me full for longer. Can't wait for lunch time!!

I'm the same, snacking is my downfall! I used to have a banana in my porridge but have then separately about an hour apart now. And I find a Cadbury highlights in the afternoon helps too.

I have been starving this morning I think because of my exercise last night. ..just had a cream cake as it's someone's birthday at work. ...will still be within my cals for the day before exercise but the sugar is not good!

Back