Sarah's first attempt at calorie counting

Thanks a million Systema, some great tips & advice. I have tried the cauliflower mash before but not a big fan. I will have to start filling up my plate with veg/salad, that's a good idea. My problem is that I'm usually lazy when I get home from work and my husband doesn't eat veg so then I usually don't bother!

Yesterday (Thursday)

Breakfast (143 cals)
Porridge & sugar

Lunch (315 cals)
My usual sandwich
Fruit pot
Tea with skimmed milk
Cadbury highlights

Dinner (528 cals)
Chicken pasta in a tomato sauce with salad

Snacks (246 cals)
2 tea with skimmed milk
Curly wurly
Kit kat

Total: 1232 cals

Last edited:
I had bought a coat before Christmas that I since stopped wearing because I'd put on weight and I felt it had gotten too tight on me (when I did wear it, I would leave it open). Wore it to work this morning and closed the buttons and it was fitting fine again! That's the first sign I've had that I have actually lost some weight!! :) Now I can't wait to be giving the coat away because it's too big (gonna take time, but I will get there!!).

I had bought a coat before Christmas that I since stopped wearing because I'd put on weight and I felt it had gotten too tight on me (when I did wear it, I would leave it open). Wore it to work this morning and closed the buttons and it was fitting fine again! That's the first sign I've had that I have actually lost some weight!! :) Now I can't wait to be giving the coat away because it's too big (gonna take time, but I will get there!!).

I love when you have little victories like that

I've donated so many clothes to charity over the last few months that ate too big now and I never intend on wearing again!

I love when you have little victories like that

I've donated so many clothes to charity over the last few months that ate too big now and I never intend on wearing again!

That must have felt amazing. I can't wait to get to that point. At the moment, I have the same 3/4 outfits that I wear to work because I have nothing else that fits and refuse to buy more clothes since I'm trying to lose weight. Have so much lovely clothes that don't fit right now, so I should have a full wardrobe when I fit into them again! :)

Have had a really busy week and with not feeling well earlier in the week, I just found it really long and thought it would never end. I had a lovely evening today though. I have lots of work that I've had to bring home to do over the weekend, so I decided to finish up an hour early since it was such a lovely day out. My husband happened to be in town when I got there (I have to get two buses home), so we decided to go for dinner. Food wasn't great, but was still lovely for a change and we had a really nice eve chilling out when we got home. Went slightly over my calories, but not by much.

Friday

Breakfast (143 cals)
Porridge & sugar

Lunch (325 cals)
My usual ham, rocket & cheese spread sandwich
Muller light
2 tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (523 cals-estimated)
Got the bbq grilled chicken breast with jacket potato instead of chips. The chicken wasn't very nice and left more than half behind so basically just ate a jacket potato and a few pieces of chicken

Snacks (324 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk & cookies and cream kit kat
Curly wurly
Salt and vinegar snackajacks

Total: 1315 cals

Last edited:
Your evening sounds lovely. I'm the same... so many old clothes I want to get back into and refuse to buy new ones till I'm where I want to be x

We will have so much clothes when we get to target! :) I feel a bit embarrassed at the moment about always wearing the same things to work, but hopefully other things will start fitting soon.

Your evening sounds lovely. I'm the same... so many old clothes I want to get back into and refuse to buy new ones till I'm where I want to be x

Just on my computer now and can see your stats. Would give anything to be at your current weight! :) :)

Thank you.. I'm on my phone today so can't see stats. What's your target?x

My goal is 9st (or as close as I can get to it). At 11st 11lbs on my last weigh in, so have a long way to go yet, but aiming to get to target by the end of the year! I usually start a really intense plan, lose a stone or two quickly enough, and then just put it all back on. So this time I want to look at it as something that I'm gonna need to stick to forever, and just take however long it takes to get there and maintain!

You'll get there :) it's taken me since 2012 to get from 164lb to 138lb as I mess around a lot but they say slow and steady is best x

Well done, you've done great! I do feel like I'm approaching it with a different mindset this time, so hopefully I can stick it out and do as well as you! :)

Today is turning into a bit of a disaster work wise. Have so much stuff that I need to get done for work, but STILL haven't started. I have been sitting at my desk since 11, but have just been browsing this site, checking emails, etc. and just cannot focus / concentrate on the stuff I need to be doing. Really going to regret this when I am stressed out during the week trying to do everything! Feeling really hungry now, so think I'm just going to write the morning off, go have my lunch, and then try to focus and get a few hours done after that. Fingers crossed!!

About the salad - I bought some airtight boxes and prepare my salad for a few days and put it in them - tomato in one box cucumber in another etc so I have to just open the box and put it on the plate instead of having to start from scratch - you can also keep cooked veg in the same boxes then micro them. If you like celery clean and trim it and then wrap in aluminium foil - keeps very crisp in there for days and days.

Brilliant when things like the coat happen - then you have to put a few stitches in the waist of your jeans to get a few more weeks wear out of them before they have to be replaced. As I went down I went to Primark and bought some stretch cotton tops which were only about £2.50 each and stretch jeans so I did not feel too bad when they were also too big.

Thanks Systema. Brill idea about the salad. I'm the only one who eats it so I'm finding that I'm always throwing stuff out because it goes out of date. Will give the boxes a try! :)

Lost 2 3/4lbs this week to bring me down to 11st 9lbs! :) I'm delighted, esp.since I had gone a little bit over my cals a couple of days. Just 3 more lbs until I get to my first stone.

Gave me a good boost this morning. Got another bad migraine last night so not feeling too good. Today will prob be another carby day.

That's brilliant, well done x

Thanks Becky. I'm delighted to be getting further away from the 12s (and hoping I never see them again!!).

Forgot to post for yesterday. Had the munchies all day and find it really tough to concentrate which I think was the migraine coming on. Ended up going a little over.

Saturday:

Breakfast (165 cals)
Porridge with sugar
2 tea with skimmed milk

Lunch (439 cals)
6 mini potato waffles with 2 vegetable fingers
2 tea with skimmed milk
Kit Kat

Dinner (450 cals)
Quorn cottage pie and side salad

Snacks (288 cals)
S&V snackajacks
Cheesestring
Sugar free jelly
Curly wurly
Tea with skimmed milk

Total: 1342 cals

Last edited:
Thanks Systema & Silvermoon! :)

Unfortunately today has been another write off because of my migraine, but I have managed to stay within my calories. Hoping the week ahead isn't too stressful now, because I'm going to have to catch up on all the work I was meant to get done this weekend and couldn't. I think I'm going to have to start working on some ways to de-stress!

Sunday:

Breakfast / Lunch (461 cals)
4 slices toast
Mini can coke
Tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (456 cals)
2 quorn peppered steaks
2 potato waffles
Salad

Snacks (376 cals)
Pepsi max
Cookies & cream kit kat
2 tea & curly wurly
S&V snackajacks

​Total: 1293 cals

Hiya,

A huge well done on your weigh in, that's a fab loss!! I hope that migraine has now passed for you too!! Keep up the good work hun and you will be even closer to target and to that 1st stone loss :) xx

Back