Sarah's Food Diary 2013

sajama88

Hi all,

I figure I may as well try and keep my diary here, since I always lose the paper ones! Not sure if my what I eat will be of any interest to anyone (I'm not very adventurous in the kitchen!) but at least I'll have a place to keep track of it easily, and can always go back and check what I was eating on good weeks so I can try and replicate it!

My weigh-in is on Tuesday nights - I was 2lb down last night after my first week back at SW :)

So here goes:

Wed 24/04/2013:

Breakfast: 1 banana, 2 mandarins and 1 SW Berry Bakewell bar (HE-B)

Lunch: Homemade Soup (Superfree ingredients: carrot, onion, passata, leeks, celery; Free ingredients: potatoes, parsnip)

Dinner: Mushy Pea Curry (1 tin mushy peas, 1 tin baked beans, 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 2 tbsp curry powder, 1 tbsp sweetner, onions, mushrooms, turkey), 150ml glass slimline milk (HE-A)

Snacks: 1 apple, 1 banana, 2 mandarins, 1 Curly Wurly Bar (6 syns), 1 Malteser "Teaser" Bar (9 syns)

Hi Clover89 - oops I forgot to mention the turkey I put in my curry ;) I follow the Extra Easy plan- it was working for me the last time I did SW but I might mix it up this time round, see if it helps when I start to plateau!

Which plan do you follow? I never really looked into the green/red days - I take it green is where you syn meat and poultry?

Hi Clover89 - oops I forgot to mention the turkey I put in my curry ;) I follow the Extra Easy plan- it was working for me the last time I did SW but I might mix it up this time round, see if it helps when I start to plateau!

Which plan do you follow? I never really looked into the green/red days - I take it green is where you syn meat and poultry?

Hiya. I used to mix all th plans but am now a vegetarian! I always enjoyed the extra healthy extras when on.red/green :)

hi your food looks good. i also weigh in on tuesday night. i joined 3 weeks ago, i have lost 5.5 up to now, wanted more but never mind. Do you go to class?xxx

Ooh I like the sound of extra Healthy Extras - I love my bread/cereal/milk! I must try the green plan properly, even a couple of days a week.

Hi Sue! Yes I go to class on Tuesdays - I like hearing the tips and getting inspiration/motivation from hearing everyone else's losses! Well done on your 5.5lbs - it's in the right direction at least! When I did SW last year (unfortunately I went off the rails food-wise come Christmas and am only back now) the most I lost in a week was 2.5lbs! There were some weeks I only lost 1lb or a 1/2lb, but after a couple of months I had two stone off! They all add up in the end :)

I'm always amazed at how people can get such big losses each week (4,5,6lb) but I also enjoy my full 15 syns a day and am just happy to be losing anything at all :)

Today I had a similar day to yesterday:

Breakfast: Fruit and 1 SW Berry Bakewell bar (HE-B)

Lunch: Homemade Soup (Superfree ingredients: carrot, onion, passata, leeks, celery; Free ingredients: potatoes, parsnip) + 1 slice wheaten bread (4 syns) + teaspoon Low Low (0.5 syn I think?)

Dinner: Mushy Pea Curry (1 tin mushy peas, 1 tin baked beans, 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 2 tbsp curry powder, 1 tbsp sweetner, onions, mushrooms, turkey), 150ml glass slimline milk (HE-A)

Snacks: More fruit, 1 Curly Wurly Bar (6 syns), 1 can Red Bull (5.5 syns)

Total Syns: 16 - I won't lost sleep over the extra syn - I was out with work tonight and managed to stay on Diet Coke until I ran out of energy, when I got a Red Bull. I'd much rather save my syns for chocolate than drinks, but I was getting v tired so the Red Bull served as a pick-me-up
;)

Proud of myself actually - I knew there was going to be finger food, so I popped home and filled myself up on fruit, curry and rice before-hand and managed not to go near the finger food
:D

Hi u ok? food sounds nice, How was your weekend? xxxx

Hi Sue! Thanks for the message - got a bit lazy over the weekend with the ol' food diary :-/ I went a bit off course too - we had family visiting (kids) and lots of temptation all around - I ate quite a lot of sweets, but kept my meals free and superfree! Haven't syn'd the sweets, I'm just trying to forget it happened and move on. Hopefully I was good enough the rest of the week to still lose a pound or so...

But I'm back on-plan today:

Mon 29/04/2013

Breakfast: 2 bananas

Lunch:
Fruit salad (apple, plum, pear, strawberries, grapes) and ham salad plate (ham, pasta, lettuce, tomato, 1tbsp lighter than light mayo (0.5syn)

Dinner:
Pizza-topped chicken, SW chips and salad. Love the pizza-topped chicken, the recipe is can be found here: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/56385-pizza-topped-chicken-wedges.html

Snacks:
50g Bag of Tesco Marshmallows (8.5 syns), Curly Wurly (6 syns), Strawberries

Using up my whole 15syns again - probably shouldn't have with the weekend I had, but I'm gonna head for a walk now and hope for the best tomorrow eve on the scales! Good luck tomorrow Sue!

Woohoo, weighed in this evening - 2.5lb off! Very happy with that, especially considering I went a bit mad on Saturday with sweets!

Today's entry:
Tues 30/04/2013:

Breakfast: 1 banana
Lunch: Turkey salad (turkey, lettuce, tomato, pasta, beetroot, noodles) & baked potato. Light mayo (1 syn)
Dinner: Veg Soup (defrosted from last week)
Snacks: 1 Bowl All Bran Chocolate Crunch (HEx-B), Slimline Milk (HEx-A), 1 SW Rocky Road bar (3 syns), 1 Curly Wurly (6 syns), Muller Light (vanilla & choc) strawberries & meringue all mixed together (2.5 syns)
Total Syns: 12.5

Well done on your loss you are doing great xxxxx

Back