Sarah's Lose Weight and Get Fit Diary!

So today, I have so far had:

Breakfast: none
Lunch: pitta bread, salad cheese, melba toast, sour cream and chive dip and some ham - 418cal (I think this is quite a lot for a lunch but it keeps me full until dinner and is really tasty)
Dinner: I plan to have 3 fish fingers, 4 new potatoes and lots of salad with fat free dressing - 274cal

That only adds up to about 700, so I will probably have a snack in the evening.

I have done a 40 minute exercise DVD this morning.

I am very stressed at the moment - I am as far in to my overdraft as I can go which is stressing me out. I am also waiting on exam results and if I fail the exam then I will have to wait another year to go to uni. I have lots of work for college, and we just found out a family member has cancer. Plus I have boy problems... but who doesn't?!

Usually I would probably find myself reaching for some chocolate and definitely some snakcs to get me through the long studying periods I am having, so I am really pleased with myself at the moment for resisting.

hey hun sorry to hear that you've got some problems, dont give in you'll get through it soon. i am also having boy problems and before i used to turn to food but it doesnt help the situation, try and go for a walk to clear your head. i no how you feel right now with the cancer situation, i had to go through it 2 yrs ago with my dad ( rip) if you need to talk i'm here for you. you've been strong so far and you will succeed!

your menu sounds good today, i've just had my lunch and it was devine. xx chin up

Sorry to hear about your Dad. You know when everything just piles up and up and then gets too much?!

I did get up to go for a walk, then decided I needed to concentrate on college work really! However, if I keep feeling stressed, then it will get me out for walks, which is good for the diet!

Why did you decide to do calorie counting? This board seems quite empty, whereas the other boards seem pretty full. I just don't see the attraction of doing the Cambrudge Diet or similar, where you have to just have shakes!

No worries, i no exactly what you mean. have you heard of lipotrim, i was on that for quite a few months at the end of last yr, it worked quite well but it takes a lot of will power, i dont think i'd put myself through that again, the weight loss is amazing though.

i wanted to do calorie counting because it works for me if i put my heart to it, i've done it in the past, it has worked but i remember the times when i messed up then after i just gave up, i didnt really have anyone supporting me at the time, but this time i will definately do it, and i cant wait until monday to weigh in!

What low fat dressing do you use sarah? I find that sometimes my food can be a bit bland! haha! maybe thats just my crap cooking though! :)
xxx

Today is a tricky day. I am working 12-5 so need to have some kinda brunch to get me through that. Then, I'll have a healthy dinner when I get home, but I have a night out planned. I have bought gin, as I know it is lower in cals than my usual Malibu! However, I will drink a lot, even if I say I wont, I know I will!

I weighed myself this morning, as I wanted to see how my weight was before I have my drinking sesh - lost another 3lbs in 3 days! Very pleased with that!

Hope everyone has a lovely day

I do love the weight watcher bagels with low fat cheese spread & maybe a couple of pieces of bacon :) yum yum & fills you right up!

Sounds like your doing really well hun
xxx

yummmm that does sound good! x

Last night.... dinner was nice and healthy and I had about 3 gin and tonics which was about 150cal. But then I went out...! Had a Southern Comfort (65), cherry brandy... cocktails... malibu.... no idea! It all went downhill from there! I shared some crisps - although didn't have many. Then had toast when I got in. Don't think I danced enough to burn of too much.

Oh well, start again today. I find it hard when I have a hangover - all want is a greasy fryup and some chocolate! I am also going to some rugby later where there will be a free BBQ and lots of drink - but I really will try to resist!

Does anyone let themselves have an off day? Where you just eat/drink what you would like?

i think if you have an off day just draw a line under it and start again the next day as long as you dont loose sight of what you really want and let it carry on i dont see the problem.. remember its not a race, best let ur hair down once or twice than jump off plan altogether!

sounds like a good night anyway!

nic x

i normally do that on sunday after noons where i have a piece of cake and custard or something, if not on a saturday at mcdonalds but i dont go further than that. x

Yeah I think that if you don't have an off day/meal once in a while then you will eventually just end up having a mad binge!

I love my nights out, but I hate how many empty calories are in drinks. I wish I was one of those people who could dance without drinking, but I am too self-conscious for that! Hopefully one day, when I have lost some weight, I will be more able to dance when sober!

Tamzy, how was your night out? x

i had a great time sarah, nothing better than a girls night out, no stress from the boys, i danced without a care in the world. i was a little self conscious but after a while who cares lol, was getting a lot of attention too, was great :)

you will get your happy times back hun your doing really great, in a few months your gonna post to me and tell me how much you've been dancing, at my biggest you'd never find me going out dancing, its all a matter of time.

lol alcohol has a lot of empty calories but its gd isnt it lol?

Yes it is brilliant! Shame about the effects the next day!

I live near a marine base, and whilst most marines can be total idiots, they are great for a night out of confidence building! Ration of men to women is about 3:1 so you are guaranteed many men chatting you up - brilliant!

wow! your nights out must be fun! thats a lot of men ha?

Yeah there are a lot of men! It is nice in a way, but then again, they aren't suitable for anything serious! But, it is great for a confidence boost!

Today's food has been not good. I had a bagel for brekkie - good. But then I missed lunch and needed something for dinner before work, but the only place was a corner shop - had a sandwich for about 500cal - not good! Then had some chips at work.

Still, probably not over my calorie allowance, but not sure why I had the chips!

Really wanted to go out tonight - all of my friends are out, but I have stopped myself. Just got in from work and thought if I go out I will only spend money and waste calories on alcohol!

Yeah there are a lot of men! It is nice in a way, but then again, they aren't suitable for anything serious! But, it is great for a confidence boost!

Today's food has been not good. I had a bagel for brekkie - good. But then I missed lunch and needed something for dinner before work, but the only place was a corner shop - had a sandwich for about 500cal - not good! Then had some chips at work.

Still, probably not over my calorie allowance, but not sure why I had the chips!

Really wanted to go out tonight - all of my friends are out, but I have stopped myself. Just got in from work and thought if I go out I will only spend money and waste calories on alcohol!

if their not serious then we should'nt be aswell, as you said its a confidence booster, pure fun wouldnt be so bad.

on the food front i messed up, i had a lot to eat and the drinks made it worse, i knew i couldnt stop at one, this is the last time in a long time that i'm gonna go out( well i will try) as of now i'm back on track.

Sarah dont worry about what you've eaten, it doesnt sound as bad as you think, sometimes i eat the most ridiculous things and i didnt need to eat it, all it does is waste your calories and make you feel bad, but always remember that you've done well so far ,dont beat yourself up about it, draw that line and move on, that's what i'm about to do lol x

think i'm gonna have a good day today!

Thats good positive days are the best.

lastnight i ended up having fish and black bean tostadas, with green salsa, it was lush, but it tasted real fattening, i also had a side salad which i'm sure their was oil was on it aswell. in the end i was refusing to have dessert but the bf is so demanding and insisted that i'm too strict on myself, but he doesnt understand how bad i want to lose weight,so i told him this is the last time i'm doing this so i had the mango and lime cheesecake and loads of wine, overall a great night but i think i gained 2lbs this week as the scales arent agreeing with me this week, but i got until tomorrow to change the scales hahaha i would be so happy if a miracle could happen.

today i'm finding it hard to get back on track but i will stuck to it, how is your day going so far? x

Back