sarah's new weightwatchers food diary, propoint and simply filling mix!

I can still have 150g (cooked weight) of new potatoes (boiled) tho for 3pp cant I?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah 150g of boiled pot is 3pp. You have to add extra pp to the chips if you use oil. Baked spuds would be less if not using any extra oils. It something to do with the amount of moisture lost while roasting potatoes in the oven, so what starts off heavy weighs less and is misleading if that makes sense

But 150g of roast potatoes done in oil is 6pp and 150g of maris pipers baked in oven is 6pp wheres the points for the oil?

But 150g of roast potatoes done in oil is 6pp and 150g of maris pipers baked in oven is 6pp wheres the points for the oil?

Were did you get the values for that? I know that if you put in 150g raw weight potatoes with 1tsp oils into the oven its 4pp. Really I would weigh everything before you put it in the oven to be safe.

In the purple book u get when u join where they list all the food and their points potatoes r 150g for 3pp and roasted potatoes r 150g for 6pp

In the purple book u get when u join where they list all the food and their points potatoes r 150g for 3pp and roasted potatoes r 150g for 6pp

I'd imagine the baked potato would loss less moisture because it is thick. But does it say the chips have oil? I wouldn't think so. Anyway pp before cooking to make it less confusing

Theres nothing about potatoes baked as chips? Do u still point ur boiled potatoes at 150g- 3pp if u weigh them raw?

I always do mine cooked. I have the ww app and it comes out at 4pp for me but I have more like 200g. And the fry light on them x

Iv just double checked and definitely 200g of boiled potatoes is 4pp on the ww app.

A jacket is 8 so that must be for the skin x

Sounds complicated. I'd just use the value for raw potato rather than cooked. That way it will always be right.

So today

Had to take a few weeklues away for chips ect

26pp and 29wp

Milk 1pp

Ham sw with primula 7pp
Hoops and crosses 2pp

Creamy chicken bake pastry thing 9pp
150g cooked new pots (baked) 6pp
Fry light 1pp
Beans 4pp

30pp
4wp
25wp remain

I always do mine cooked. I think there is a raw vs cooked thing lol x

How much do u point 150g of potato baked in fry light? Not jacket potato

Its 3pp xx

So ive had another look at my book and old or new potatoes boiled or raw r 3pp for 150g and mashed potatoes is the same (cooked) but if ur baking a potato in oven or doing baked potato u either weigh them raw which is 3pp for 150g or cooked is 6pp for 150g.

I will probably weigh my potatoes cooked when boiled but before cooking if going in the oven

Glad you figured it out. It's all very confusing. I guess it's easier to weigh boiled potatoes cooked, as I would normally make enough for the 2 of us plus some for lunch to eat cold. So I never know how many I will actually have.

I am having baked potato for my lunch with tuna, cucumber and homemade dressing!! :)

Glad you figured it out. It's all very confusing. I guess it's easier to weigh boiled potatoes cooked, as I would normally make enough for the 2 of us plus some for lunch to eat cold. So I never know how many I will actually have.

I am having baked potato for my lunch with tuna, cucumber and homemade dressing!! :)

I tend to do the same when I steam the spuds. Easier to weigh them after once I've devided them out amongst the 4 of us. Lunch sounds lovely

Yeah that's y I wanna use cooked weight as im not gonna do mine in a separate pan.

Dinner sounds nice purpled :-D

Just ordered myself the new eating out guide, shop guide and journal and a few packs of bars from ww :-D I refuse to pay the silly ebay prices

What are the packs of bars?

Like cereal bars etc? Tesco normally have the weight watchers products on offer but not sure if it's cheaper than online.

Back