Sarah's Ramblings.... 2011!

Nice to hear better news with your boyfriend :) Ooh I like Prezzo, will have to check out their new menu sometime if I go out to eat.

I'm going to have a tiger prawn pizza I think -it is tiger prawns with grilled courgettes, spinach, diced red onion, mozzarella and tomato and cooked with half the dough as a flatbread pizza, so comes in at 650cals or less.

I might try to do a tiny bit of exercising now - just so I can have a couple of hundred cals extra to play with.

Forgot a couple of things.... Also, forgot some massive news!!

1. I have now lost 3 and a half stone!
2. I am 3lbs away from being under 200lbs.
3. I am 1lb away from having lost 50lbs!

I have been 198 at one point in this diet - however, they were with dodgy scales and I think I was realistically the same weight as I am now, so I am gradually coming to new weight territory!

Now the big news....

I am at uni, training to be a teacher. I had been planning to go abroad next Summer to volunteer teach for a few weeks, and do a little bit of travelling. I was talking to my Mum about it last night and I was saying how I may have to leave it to the next year as the flight it £500, registration fee is £125 and the volunteer fee is £100 - then insurance, accomodation for the rest of my trip, vaccinations, visas, etc....

I showed her the website and she was so impressed with it that she has said she will pay my registration fee and my flight for me! I am so grateful to her. She paid for me to go to Oz with her over xmas and now this. She hasnt been able to help me out at all with uni things but she says she would rather do this and help me this way than help with rent.

So, I am off to Thailand next Summer! 3 weeks teaching, and then I think I'll do about a month in Indonesia hopefully!

So, I have a year, pretty much exactly a year, until I need to be at goal!

Well done with your weight loss, fantastic!!
Great news with the teaching, what a great experience :)

Wow on both things! I can't wait til I am under 200! And that'll be an amazing experience!

Wow :D.

Firstly well done on the weight loss. Its so inspiring how well you are doing.

secondly fab, fab news about teaching in Thailand. Aren' Mums great?! :)

So glad you go some cuddle time with you BF. I think you needed it after the week you 2 have had.

So pleased for ya xxx

WOOOO to all of it lol!!! Thailand sounds amazing!! I wish I was still young an fancy free lol I'd be there in a flash!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad everything is looking up for you. We all have a not so good few weeks were life can just get that teeny bit on top of us. Thailand? I'm jealous! A year is lenty time to get to goal. I was roughly the same BMI as you last December and here I am 6 months later at a BMI of 21-something. I didn't do anything special for that, just got my behind into the gym and calorie counted. So you can defiantly do it in a year! :D

Hey Amy, we miss you!!!

Great news about Thailand, so very very jealous!!!

Hope you are ok. x

Just been catching up on all that's been going on in my absence in the past week, sounds like good stuff all round for you!! So glad hat things are going well with your bf, long distance SUCKS but you can make it work so hope you guys give it a try and it goes well.

That's FANTASTIC about Thailand!! I'm so excited for you just because I LOVE Thailand so so much, it's awesome! Do you know whereabouts you'll be?

Sorry guys! Busy few days with teaching/planning and seeing bf!

Diet news... I have lost 2lbs :) Very happy with that! I cooked for my bf for Friday night, so I made it all on Thursday. Hummous with breadsticks for starter, homemade spicy meatball calzone for main and eton mess (with blueberries instead of strawberries) for pudding. Made it all on the Thursday and tasted some of the eton mess, and then didnt have dinner - I snacked a lot but actually, thinking about it, I probably didnt go over my cals by much. Friday I ate an OK breakfast and lunch, not my usual healthy ones because I knew we were having the meal in the evening so I kinda gave up - but I ended up not having much starter, only having half of my main and a few spoons of pudding, so again, probs not much over!

Saturday hardly ate anything, and I now have lost 2lbs so it obviously worked! Am at 200 lbs so can't wait to make it to the 100s!

Caroline... I have no idea where I am going in Thailand! I have to arrive at the airport in Bangkok, meet the organisers and choose from a list of places! So, I literally choose there and then! Quite scary but very exciting.

I am going to just do the 3 weeks in Thailand and then go travelling around Indonesia for a month or so. I have already done Thailand so thought I would try somewhere else.

My ambition in life is to go to as many countries as my age. I am currently 23 and have been to 25 countries - it encourages me to try new places instead of the same old!

Well done! I can't wait til I'm in the 100's!

Ok, a few tips from my experience!

Bangkok airport is HUGE! Like literally, massive. We just said we'd meet people outside the arrivals area which turned out to be major fail! There are about 3/4 different areas where people can wait, so ask them to have a sign with your name on it or something and even if possible see a picture of them before so you know who to look for! You'll probably be fine, the people who picked me up were 2 hours late!!!

I don't know where your choices will be but if you can choose Chiang Mai, do it! By far the best, it's amazing up there. Will they not let you know the list beforehand?

Ooh, tell us more about the wrap swap... what low calorie delight have you found now miss Amy? x

Back