sarah's simply filling food diary

Oooh what type of pasty was it?

I'm glad your cat is well. My car is worrying me at the minute. She's 7 and always been a housecat but since we've moved we've got a big garden and a big green outside and she's desperate to be out all the time but I worry cos she's not very streetwise. I don't mind her going out as long as someone is around to let her in again or leave window for her. Sounds like yours deffo knows where home is now! Xx

It was a steak pasty!

Cats do love being outside, have u ever watched her wonder down the street? I no my cat will run the opposite way if a car comes, can u not put in a cat flap? We don't have a cat flap on our door but we have one on the shed so if its bad weather she has somewhere to go! We r surrounded by fields so I suppose really it's quite safe for her! How long ago did u move? She could just be enjoying the little adventures she's having after being in for 7yrs, she may have a kitty friend she plays with!

Hope you don't mind me asking here but trying to stock up to start simply filling on Friday and bit confused about tinned ww soups. In my book (2012 version) it says 3 of the soups are zero points on simply filling, however can't find the tomato and red pepper or Mediterranean veg and tomato soups? The other one is chicken noodle which I can find but since I'm veggie cant have :-/ any ideas? You all seem to be pros at simply filling so though I would ask! X

It's daft cos I've had cats before that went out regularly and never worried but my cat now is 7 years old but really small so I baby her a bit. Our house is quite far back from the road so haven't seen her near the road and it's quiet. There are loads of cats nearby so I think they are her new buddies! X

icklerockchick said:
Hope you don't mind me asking here but trying to stock up to start simply filling on Friday and bit confused about tinned ww soups. In my book (2012 version) it says 3 of the soups are zero points on simply filling, however can't find the tomato and red pepper or Mediterranean veg and tomato soups? The other one is chicken noodle which I can find but since I'm veggie cant have :-/ any ideas? You all seem to be pros at simply filling so though I would ask! X

To b honest I didn't know any tinned soup was free, its good to know tho!
Have u tried all ur local supermarkets, I have to drive miles sometimes I have to drive miles to find stuff

Becktoria79 said:
It's daft cos I've had cats before that went out regularly and never worried but my cat now is 7 years old but really small so I baby her a bit. Our house is quite far back from the road so haven't seen her near the road and it's quiet. There are loads of cats nearby so I think they are her new buddies! X

My cat is alot smaller than most cats too, she was from a farm and her mum was tiny, made me wonder if she was really ready for a litter of kittys!

sarah88 said:
To b honest I didn't know any tinned soup was free, its good to know tho!
Have u tried all ur local supermarkets, I have to drive miles sometimes I have to drive miles to find stuff

Had a look online but can't see them anywhere must have stopped making them which is a shame! Wouldn't be relying on them but handy for a quick emergency meal! X

Would definitely b handy!

So far this wk has been SO hectic, I am now so tired and stressed that I just feel like sitting down with a big box of thorntons and eat the lot!

I'm not gonna tho! Keep plodding along!

Day 4 sf 21w/p

B
OSS

D
Chicken
Petit pains
Salad cream 1pp

T
Steak
Chips
Sweetcorn
Petit pains
Ketchup 1pp

Cornetto 4pp

6pp
15 weeklies remain

That is a yummy looking day. Cornetto's 4PP??? That's exciting.

Glad your cat is ok Sarah, did she go missing? You must be so relieved to have her back. We have two cats and we nearly lost our male cat, Spike, in the summer as an old lady over the back started feeding him sardines and tuna twice a day when we cut down is food to try and manage his weight and he stopped coming home much. He was at home gradually less and less and then we went over 36 hours without seeing him so started knocking on doors (we have 2 cats who are both 8 and although they have a cat flap and go out regularly they ALWAYS come if you call them and most of their time is spent trying to get you to stay still so they can sit on you). We showed this lady a picture of him and she went "Oh, thats Sandy, he's on my sofa at the moment". He got some major cuddles that day.

See I think that's really wrong that ppl feed cats that don't belong to them, what d'o they think will happen!
She went for 2wks, I called her, went though fields calling her, asked at houses, but nothing, then mon night she was just sat in the back garden waiting to come in! I'd love to know what happened to her, my partner says he thinks someone took her then left a door open and she got out! Just glad she's back, she does keep trying to gave a cuddle all the time, which isn't normal but I don't mind!

Day 6 26pp 14w/p

Milk 1pp

Bread x2 5pp
Ham 1pp
Butter 1pp
Baked stars 3pp

Cod fillets 7pp
2x waffles 6pp
Bread 2pp
Ketchup 1pp

Cornetto 4pp

31pp used
5 w/p used
9pp remain

Are the cornettos the ones in a box you get in the supermarket?? xxx

Yeah the family pack!

I think I might get some for a treat at the weekend :) are all flavors 4pp? x

Not sure I've only brought the strawberry ones, they r a nice treat, my fav bit is the chunk of chocolate at the bottom Mmmmmmm.........

Yeah that's the best bit!

Day 7 sf 9w/p

B
OSS

D
Egg petit pains
Wedges

T
Roast pork
Gravy 2pp

Kit kat chunky 7pp

9pp used

Only 42 weeklies used this wk, so I hope I get a good loss! Wi tomorrow!

Yep, people feeding cats that are obviously well cared for annoys me too. We have a lovely young black cat which is constantly in our garden at the moment and has tried to come in the house several times (our cats don't seem to mind which is odd, our female cat, Silly, is usually very cranky and territorial) but it is obviously well fed and cared for so we are trying to discourage it. Very difficult though its such a cuddly looking cat and it comes and rubs round your legs when you are putting the washing up.

It looks like you might have started a spike in cornetto sales. They are going on my shopping list for next week as well.

Back