sarah's simply filling food diary

Did you make it or buy it!?

I have rhubarb in my garden and give it away every year as I don't have a clue what to do with it haha

Purpled said:
Did you make it or buy it!?

I have rhubarb in my garden and give it away every year as I don't have a clue what to do with it haha

I brought my rhubarb in tesco! I chopped both ends off, (the leaves r toxic) washed it and chopped it into chunks, chopped my apple (need to peal the apple, which I forgot to do) put in a dish sprinkled the sweetener on top and put in the oven at 200 c was in there for 30mins! Internet said 30-40 mins but mine was really soft and was falling apart! If it's not sweet enough just add some more sweetener after cooking!

Mmm thanks for that hun! I'll give it a go when I get back off hols! :)
Maybe with custard!

Purpled said:
Mmm thanks for that hun! I'll give it a go when I get back off hols! :)
Maybe with custard!

Yeah or ice cream! I didn't have spare pp for that tho, I wanted my choccie bar

Decisions decisions! Lol! Ice cream custard or chocolate! It's a hard life :)

Veg curry!
Large Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
1 tbsp grated Root Ginger
2tbsp curry powder
450gms Butternut squash/80gms Cauliflower/100gms courgettes/
160gms peppers/125gms green beans
Tin Tomatoes
1 Stock Cube made to 3/4 pint water
Handful of Corriander
Salt/Pepper
Saute onion, garlic and ginger until soft
Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes until veg soft [this seems quite long as I have not tried this recipe myself yet]

Would this b free on sf? And how many pp would u give it for a pp day, ie curry powder!

Marinade for chicken kebabs

pound up some mint and coriander leaves with some salt and a little garlic (if the kids are ok with that) then stir in some 0% fat greek yogurt (a 150g tub is only 2 PP and you would probably need half of that so per portion I reckon it would count as 0PP). Plenty of herbs is the key to this one. I make it with green chilli usually but would still be quite tasty without. Another idea would be using some of the oil from your SF allowance and mixing with grated lemon zest, finelly chopped rosemary and garlic. Hope on of those might be some use.

0pp soup

For the BNS one I would frylight (or equivalent) one chopped onion with the chopped stalks from a bunch of coriander and a thumb of grated ginger for 5 minutes or so until softened. Add one peeled and chopped butternut squash with 60g of tesco thai red curry paste (its O points for 15g so if the soup serves 4 I think this still counts as 0 points per portion). Add 2 tsp veg stock powder, or one cube, water to just cover the BNS and simmer for about half an hour. Blend and serve with chopped coriander. If you like it hotter a chopped chilli added with the ginger would be lovely and if you can get hold of some kaffir lime leaves adding a couple of these while cooking and removing befor blending would add a lovely flavour.

Sorry I needed to add those to my diary so I can find them when I make these again!

Recipes look fab!
I'd do veg curry as SF dish

But

Attachments

• image-300640423.jpg
    image-300640423.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 34
Purpled said:
But depends how many portions that recipe makes I suppose!

Well I'd say at least 4-5 portions!

Food looking very good Sarah, and some of those recipes look strangely familar ;)

Its really interesting what you said about being surprised about being able to stick to your daily PP this week - you've certainly done really well since your day off. It seems that you balance your food choices really well to me, having some "proper" and hearty food each day but also adding a treat into your PPs allowance, maybe thats why its easier to stick to than you thought. I think its probably all about having the right mindset for it - maybe this proves that you really did need the day off to stay focussed.

Also only 16 degrees the other day in Cornwall?? Wow, its been 26 degrees for the last few days and I am gradually melting. I would quite happily swap climates with you!

Day 7 26pp 0w/p

Milk 1pp

B
Fruit

D
Toasted ham sw 7pp
Baked stars 3pp
Grapes
Strawberries
Apple
Rhubarb

T
Ww sausages x3 4pp
Mash 150g 3pp
Petit pain 3pp
Ketchup 1pp
Swede & carrot

Cornetto 4pp
Banana
Apple & rhubarb

26pp used

40 min walk with the dog
2.15hr cleaning

Nomes said:
My house needs cleaned ;)

It's not my house, it's a holiday cottage! Had to do mine tues!

Purpled said:
Hi! Good luck for WI tomorrow! Hoping you lose lots of lbs! :)

Thankyou!

sarah88 said:
Veg curry!
Large Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
1 tbsp grated Root Ginger
2tbsp curry powder
450gms Butternut squash/80gms Cauliflower/100gms courgettes/
160gms peppers/125gms green beans
Tin Tomatoes
1 Stock Cube made to 3/4 pint water
Handful of Corriander
Salt/Pepper
Saute onion, garlic and ginger until soft
Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes until veg soft [this seems quite long as I have not tried this recipe myself yet]

Would this b free on sf? And how many pp would u give it for a pp day, ie curry powder!

Just want to check I'm having a sf day 2mo would this b free?

Back