sarah's simply filling food diary

I'd have it for free!
Curry powder shouldn't be a problem! It's not a massive anount of points and that recipe was for 4portions

Yeah I think the rest is free as it's basically veg but the curry powder was the thing I was concerned about! Im not exactly gonna eat all that in a day! Will try and portion it out to 4 servings (that's a guestimate servings but I will make in the morning and see)

+1lb today which I'm totally fine about seeing as I had my day off, for the amount of food I ate I think only 1lb on is excellent!

So ive made my curry, it's too watery
, Cornflour is 1level tbsp for 2pp, If I add one will this thicken it much? And my curry is about 6-8 portions so with 2tbsp of curry powder and 1tbsp of Cornflour would I still b able to count it as free on sf

Not sure if it would help but smash powder is free and great for thickening stuff :) as long as you don't go overboard with it shouldn't end up wierd and potatoey lol! X

Or keep cooking til it reduces? X

Thankyou! Got to go out now so will have to simmer again later! Do u no how many times I can reheat it, im crap at all this stuff!

Hey Sarah, that's not a bad gain at all and It's really good that you are accepting of it. 1lb gain in how many months? That's great! Xx

With big batch cooking i just cook it all then keep it in big tub in fridge and just microwave portions as I need them but with no meat in it it should be fine for reheating and keep fine for several days in fridge and any I don't think will get used I just freeze in tubs and them cook from frozen like a microwave meal but free and tastier! :) x

I think +1lb is a good result! With a day off etc! And i will probably be over my points in the next 2 weeks! So if I gain a few lbs I won't be too disappointed! You need to enjoy yourself from time to time!

And if you think how much weight you have lost 1lb gain is nothing compared to -35/36/37/38???? That you have lost!

Yeah I'm happy with it, a day off is deff worth a 1lb gain, I expected a gain and I think thats y I'm not upset!

Sorry to hear about the gain, Sarah, but as you said given the day off thats not too bad. Sure it will be off along with a few more by next week.

Have you managed to thicken the veg curry yet? The smash powder idea is a good one another couple of ideas would be to blend or mash a little bit of it and add it back in or add some red lentils to cooks. You would have to point the lentils but they are only 1PP per 10g and I reckon 40g would be plenty. That would only make the curry 1PP per portion and lentil and veg curry would be delicious.

Atomic pink said:
Sorry to hear about the gain, Sarah, but as you said given the day off thats not too bad. Sure it will be off along with a few more by next week.

Have you managed to thicken the veg curry yet? The smash powder idea is a good one another couple of ideas would be to blend or mash a little bit of it and add it back in or add some red lentils to cooks. You would have to point the lentils but they are only 1PP per 10g and I reckon 40g would be plenty. That would only make the curry 1PP per portion and lentil and veg curry would be delicious.

Thanks atomic, when I first stepped on the scales they said I'd lost a lb. I didn't think it was right so stood back on and it said I'd gained a lb then stayed at that, so I went with that!

I dished it up into portions cooked some for my dinner (was cold had to reheat) and it thickened up when I reheated so it was fine

Attachments

• image-2741773428.jpg
    image-2741773428.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 47
Oooh that looks really tasty Sarah. Mmmmm. I love spicy food in hot weather.

Atomic pink said:
Oooh that looks really tasty Sarah. Mmmmm. I love spicy food in hot weather.

I only used 1 tbsp of the curry powder in the end, it was medium curry powder, I'm not a hot curry fan, my tongue can't take it! But I do think I could have had a little more curry powder!
It is very tasty, 3 large portions have gone in the freezer for my sf days!

Curry looks yummy a great way to use up whatever veg is about to as anything tastes good in a curry! :) x

Purpled said:
I think +1lb is a good result! With a day off etc! And i will probably be over my points in the next 2 weeks! So if I gain a few lbs I won't be too disappointed! You need to enjoy yourself from time to time!

And if you think how much weight you have lost 1lb gain is nothing compared to -35/36/37/38???? That you have lost!

I have now lost 37.2lb purpled! I don't think a 1lb gain quite compares!

Back