Sarah's Slimming World Diary!

Oh well that's brill then! Will help in trying to cut down costs, although now that I've bought real cheese rather than snack cheese, I'm quite enjoying the option!

I've got this morning off until 12. Then I have lectures 12-6, no break. No idea what to do about food - it's really awkward to eat! Might make a sandwich.

Then I have Zumba at 6:15-7:15. So annoying as they changed the time just for this week, meaning I leave uni and 6 and it's a 20 min walk to Zumba - then ill have to change too so ill definitely start late. Thought about not going but that's silly as I can still do at least 45 mins!

Weighed myself this morn. My scales seem to be about 2.5lb lower than SW scales, which would mean my last weigh in was 15.6 on these scales. This morning they showed 15.3 - was so happy! I know it can fluctuate, and I weigh in the evening, but just seeing a lower number is so nice!

Decided to cut bck on my fizzy drinks. It sounds so awful... But I would regularly get through 2 litres a day. Always diet fizzy... Sometimes sparkling water, but always fizzy! Just a habit I got in to and I know that just because it is diet doesn't mean it's good.

I am addicted to diet coke definitely. Actually quite a bit thing for me to give it up! I often would buy two litre bottles, buy bottles on the way to uni, cans from the shop opposite. Such a waste of money and bad for me too.

So, as of last Sunday I haven't had any coke. Did have fizzy on Monday but that's because I had some leftover. All gone now!

Quite impressed with myself so far - even if I am only on my fifth day - I haven't done that in years.

Thought I would have bad caffeine withdrawal - headaches etc, but nothing yet!

Oi I know that feeling! I'm constantly drinking fizzy. I used to have a lot of coke zero, now I mostly have fizzy water. I've decided I'm ok with the fizzy water, it gets me drinking. I'm trying to drink more plain water and sugar free squash though.

Hi Sarah! Just spotted your dairy and started reading, well done on your losses so far! It must be tough to stick to in UNI, i admire you!

Fizzy drinks are awful. I relied heavily on sugar free squashes and diet pepsi to get me through my sweet cravings when I lost my 5st before. It worked, obviously.. BUT that said I recently went cold turkey and have been sweetener free for 6 months+ and it is amazing. ...... The sh*t that is in this stuff is awful. Sweeteners really are toxic to your body. Its my main concern about rejoining tbh, as ofc sweeteners are in all low fat products. . but hopefully if its only small amounts in yogs etc then it wont affect me too much, but if you can cut the fizz you'll definitely see a difference. I had shakes and headaches for days- nothing that makes you feel that ill can be good for you!

I cut the fizz first, then a week after I forced myself to drink 1 glass of plain water for every squash I had.. then a week later cut it completely. I find I drink so much more water if I have a Evian bottle... I think i was so used to straws and cans that it's a mind trick for me lol!

x

Oi I know that feeling! I'm constantly drinking fizzy. I used to have a lot of coke zero, now I mostly have fizzy water. I've decided I'm ok with the fizzy water, it gets me drinking. I'm trying to drink more plain water and sugar free squash though.

I'm such a person for habits! I actually bought some fizzy water earlier but I do think that's fine. I've already drunk two litres of squash today so not fussed. It's the cost too - was so expensive! This water was 47p and I still felt guilty!

Hi Sarah! Just spotted your dairy and started reading, well done on your losses so far! It must be tough to stick to in UNI, i admire you!

Fizzy drinks are awful. I relied heavily on sugar free squashes and diet pepsi to get me through my sweet cravings when I lost my 5st before. It worked, obviously.. BUT that said I recently went cold turkey and have been sweetener free for 6 months+ and it is amazing. ...... The sh*t that is in this stuff is awful. Sweeteners really are toxic to your body. Its my main concern about rejoining tbh, as ofc sweeteners are in all low fat products. . but hopefully if its only small amounts in yogs etc then it wont affect me too much, but if you can cut the fizz you'll definitely see a difference. I had shakes and headaches for days- nothing that makes you feel that ill can be good for you!

I cut the fizz first, then a week after I forced myself to drink 1 glass of plain water for every squash I had.. then a week later cut it completely. I find I drink so much more water if I have a Evian bottle... I think i was so used to straws and cans that it's a mind trick for me lol!

x

Thanks, it is hard! So much temptation everywhere.

Thing is I know all that about fizzy and aspartame etc but still drank it! Not good! I try not to have a huge amount of sweetener in my foods but for now am more concerned with getting the weight off and then sorting that out!

Thanks for reading :)

Ok day today...

B: egg bread (f & HExB), raspberries & blueberries (sf), fluff (2 syns), sprinkle of peanut butter (1/4 syn)
L: mugshot (f), cheese (HexA), banana (sf), yoghurt (f)
D: egg fried rice with satay sauce (f, sf & 1 syn)

Means syns for today are currently 3 1/4 so may pop to the shop for a treat!

Worked from 12-4:30 and then did work in the library from 4:30-7:30! Just had dinner and then will work again.

My brother has said he might come to visit tomorrow so I need to figure out somewhere I eat as think it'll be nice to go out. Will look at some menus tonight for good SW choices!

Think ill take us on a walk on Sunday which should counteract Saturdays food!

Oh trust me, Im no saint when it comes to doing things despite knowing how awful it is. ..... Focussing on getting the weight off is a big enough thing for sure! If nothing else though do cut the fizz. sweeteners are crap, but the fizz will be the worst.. so if you can survive without it, you'll be doing yourself (and your weightloss) a massive favour. I think SW make them free because they know most people with a weight issue are likely to be heavy fizz drinkers, and switching from full fat to diet is a much less task than asking them to go cold turkey.

How you feeling about this week? Looks like the food is going good (Y) xx

Was feeling great about this week until yesterday!

My brother decided to come and visit me at uni and instea of planning to go somewhere I could make a good choice, I suggested Chiquitos. So, in preparation for him coming I are a bunch of cookies and a kit Kat chunky. Idiot!

Then had fajitas at the restaurant. So silly.

Off for a long walk today and hopefully that will help!

Just try and work it off today :) I had a slip up last night too (the evil easter eggs are on the loose) just gotta have a 100% day then you'll feel great. Good luck hun

Today is a new day, a day to start afresh and forget about yesterday. Don't beat yourself up about it!

Well today hasn't been ideal but better than it could be. Had breakfast out at a greasy spoon! Had Welsh rarebit, had wholemeal toast, obviously had cheese on, and mustard. Hopefully not horrendous... Hoping cheese and bread can almost fit in healthy extras!

Had a long walk which was lovely. Shared half a choc bar as my mum had been to the Lindt factory and bought me one!

Had a jacket potato with a bit of spread and cheese with homemade coleslaw.

Hopefully not too bad... Weigh in tomorrow!

So happy about it! Had a healthy dinner but am having some choc tonight and not counting syns. Suppose shouldn't reward weight loss with bad food but felt like I needed it!

This week looks like it should all go well... worried about the weekend slightly. Going to my boyfriends for the weekend which means his mums cooking. Hoping I can just top up with fruit and veg and be sensible at the table. She ALWAYS has pudding though, and I mean proper cheesecake etc so hard to avoid that!

Will ask Dave if we can go for a couple of walks - hopefully that will help

3lbs is great!! Well done :) Sometimes eating a little more gives us a bit of a boost, helps our body let go a bit more. That's what I find anyway.

Back