Sarah's Slimming World Diary!

Hello!

Nice to see you Lindsey! :)

I am here and I do read diaries still. Lost loads of weight from splitting up with dave and then granny dying but since then it's all back on.

Starting slimming world again tomorrow properly. Signed up the gym. Ready to do this now and hopefully will be easier now I'm living at home.

Ill do a big post at some point, but for now I need sleep!

X

Hello everyone who is still reading!

Updates...

Dave... We are fine now. Not in a relationship but having a really good friendship. He couldn't have been there for me more over the summer with everything that happened with Granny and I'm so grateful to him. He hasn't seen or spoken to the girl from work and although he starts back at school today, she is now on the opposite side of school and he says he isn't interested.

We've had some nice times over the summer, beach, canoeing, zoo etc and we've really built a good friendship and we are both hoping that'll continue. Obviously the tricky bit is when one of us meets someone else but we have discussed it quite a lot.

Granny... I spent every day in hospital for the week and we thought she was getting better. Gradually she stopped opening her eyes or talking. My mum and I stayed in the hospital over night and I didn't leave for the last 48 hours and we both just cuddled her as she took her last breath. Was horrible and so sad but she was 80, has lived an amazing life and was so happy.

So obviously my summer has been spent dealing with a breakup, granny dying and having to move back home because of me as dave! Not the best summer!

There have been nice bits... Spending lots more time with family, I went camping etc. gutted my holidays had to be cancelled because of me and dave and so I am craving a holiday so much and no one to go with!

I have three weeks left of my summer holiday before uni starts and not sure whether to go for it and go away on my own or if that's silly as I'm a bit stuck then if I get sad!

I got down to about 14.5 and now im back to 15.2. It could have been a lot worse with the food and drink I've been having!

Yesterday went well and I did a red day...

B: yoghurt (didnt have any fruit in the house!)

L: salad, beetroot, spring onion, ham, egg, babybels (hexa1), roll (hexb1), spread (2), cereal bar (hexb2)

D: chicken wrapped in bacon, stuffed with Philly light, with mushrooms and mixed veg. Yoghurt (1.5)

I walked to my friends and had a nice chat in the evening. So syns for the day only 3.5.

I've signed up to the local gym so have aquaflex in an hour and gym induction at 2. Have booked in for a class a day until Friday.

Tomorrow night we are having a Pearl wedding anniversary for my aunt and uncle so I'm doing all the cooking for that tomorrow so will save syns for then!

Hi sarah just been reading through your diary and im very sorry for your loss.

Also crap what happened with dave but its good your on speaking terms

Im thinking of rejoining the gym myself
Food looks great today

Have a nice day :) x

Thank you :)

Food has been pretty much the same today. Which is good! I did 45 mins of aqua aerobics which was ok... Won't go again though, didnt feel challenged enough.

Had my gym induction but had to get home so will go for a session soon hopefully.

Got Zumba at 10 tomorrow and then I have to cook a cake and lots of food for my aunts anniversary. May struggle slightly tomorrow!

Up and ready for Zumba this morning. Then I have loss of cooking to do and none of it is healthy!

A cake, a pesto cheese fondue, honeyed sausages, meringues etc.... None is healthy, all is hard to syn! However, I've saved myself 20 syns since Monday and have today's 15 too. I'm trying to stay off alcohol for a while so won't be drinking and so I know I won't need any syns for the weekend for that. So if I go over my 45, then I can at least borrow from future days too!

Plus when I am doing exercise, don't mind so much. I know with slimming world you can't get extra syns for exercise but I figure you can be slightly less worried occasionally.

I'll do extra easy today... Not sure what ill have for lunch!

Hope everyone has a good day x

Wasn't great yesterday. I think I would have been fine had I been going out for dinner or something, but everything was nibbly and hard to even count the calories of, let alone syns! I wasn't too bad, didn't drink, could have been better but could have been worse! I also went to Zumba in the morning.

Was supposed to go for a drink with a friend this morning and then Zumba tonight and was thinking of going to the gym today too. Woke up in pain with cystitis though so am just confined to the house I think! Really annoyed as was looking forward to today and wanted to get to the gym to try it out. I popped to the shop to get some relief sachets and just the ten mins I was out of the house was agony.

I am really susceptible to cystitis and urine infections and they more often than not lead on to kidney infections. When I get a kidney infection, I generally get tonsillitis too (no idea why!) and so I am praying I don't get either. I once had six in a year. That's six kidney infections with tonsillitis at the same time! :(

I haven't really planned food for today. Think I'll do extra easy, just to make things easier today.

Basic plan is...

B: yoghurt (f)
L: bread roll (hexb), ham (f), salad (f), tomatoes (sf), cheddars (6), yoghurt (f)
D: pasta (f), bacon (f), philly (HEXA), mushrooms (sf), onions (sf)

Think thats the plan anyway!

Thanks, luckily it's cleared up! Weird that its gone so quickly... Just having little twinges so I suppose it may appear again!

I took my opportunity and went to the gym when I felt better. Did 30 mins on the bike - went 12km. Then felt funny so left, but enjoyed the quick burst!

Had cancelled Zumba but felt I could go so rebooked it. Then my brother thought he had broken his hand so I cancelled it again to meet him at the hospital and then he said he didn't need me to! So missed Zumba. Went for a stroll to my aunts, only a short walk, and he gave me some fresh runner beans from we garden so I had those with my dinner. Yummy!

How strange that you get both, it isn't like the two areas are linked either. Glad you're feeling better though.

Been a while since I posted again! Not been up to a huge amount... Been to the gym or a class every day apart from Saturday. Had a binge on Saturday and ate crap loads of chocolate and had breakfast out. Ate out last night too and definitely was not strict to Slimming World the whole week. However, my exercise must have helped as I lost 4lb this week!

Sorry I don't post on anyone else's diaries t the moment, will get back into it!

Just keep swimming lady!!! You're getting back into the flow after a huge amount of trauma, keep being kind to yourself. xxx

Ahhhh there is always so much temptation! Today I've not stopped - been dong errands for my mum, brother and grandad. I'm doing all of my grandads ironing at the moment as he is now trying to get used to running a six bed huge house on his own. He seems to be washing everything! I don't mind though - feel like I'm helping this way.

My brother is back to uni tomorrow so I'm driving the 2.5 hours back with him so sorted his stuff out today. Then another 2.5 hours back home on my own. Sorted loads of my mums things out, took loads to charity, put loads on eBay, took mums car to the garage etc.

Managed to get to the gym. However been out for dinner and had garlic bread and pudding which weren't ideal. Did choose mushroom and chicken risotto though which is more on plan.

Tomorrow will be a pain as in car all day and want to eat rubbish!

Planning definitely helps me keep on track. Do you not just do extra easy then?

Thank god I've had a better day today! Red day...

B: banana (sf)
E: 40 mins gym
B2: yoghurt (f), raspberries (sf), blueberries (sf)
L: salad (sf), cottage cheese (f), tomatoes (sf), ham (f), eggs (f), cheese (Hexa1), roll (hexb1), spread (2)
D: chicken (f), bacon (f), Philly cheese (hexa2), mushrooms (sf), mixed veg (sf), yoghurt (1.5)

Pretty good day!

Back