Sarah's SW Diary

as they say 'a problem shared is a problem halved' let them talk to you but try not to let it be so personal. ie don't take it to heart, accept they are being liberal with the truth, twisting the truth to suit, Once you see things that way life will be easier for you huni xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww poor you. Jackies right. What they tell you is one sided but as you're getting it from both sides you probably can work out what's nearer the truth.

Let them know that they can talk to you and you're willing to listen but you won't be offering opinions or taking sides cos you're in an akward position.

I've been in the same position as you and it's awful. I think a lot of the time they tell you things hoping that you'll repeat it to the other person.

Thank you both :)

Well, I've had long conversations with both my flatmate and my best friend, and things are sorted with them. They weren't hiding their plans yesterday from me, they just didn't know they were going ahead until the last minute. My friend didn't lie to me, I think she just didn't realise a few things had come across to other people the way they did, and because I was so upset by everything that went on last night I think I began to doubt what she had told me.

My cousin is still a mess, but he's just got to work through it and come out the other end, nothing I can say or do is going to make any difference, all I can do is be there when he needs me.

I've tried so hard not to get too involved, and not to take sides, and as yet I have managed it, but last night I thought I was going to have to. I said to both of them at the start that I wasn't going to be a messenger for them, and I wouldn't betray either of their confidence in me, but that I also wouldn't lie for them.

I have to say, the boy has been fab as well, and has been there whenever I've needed someone to talk to. He would've come over last night if he could but it just wasn't possible.

Oh, and foodwise today I've only had breakfast! My Dad's been round to do a few jobs in the flat for me, which took a lot longer than I thought, so didn't have time for any lunch. I'm going to have chinese tonight, but have worked it out and it's within my syns :D

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn slices (free)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syns)
Mugshot (free)
Pineapple (free)

Dinner
Mushroom curry (9 syns)
Boiled rice (free)
Mango

Snacks
Advent calendar chocolate (1 syn)
Might have a cheese roll to get my HexA and second HexB in.

Total: 10.5 syns

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Baked beans (free)
Mango (free)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
75g primula light (HexA)
Tin tuna (HexB + 2 syns)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)

Dinner
Sweet potato & bean chilli (free)
Rice (free)
28g cheese (6 syns)

Snacks
Apple (free)

Total: 12 syns

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
Quorn slices (free)
Mugshot (free)
Mango (free)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Sweet potato chilli (free)
28g cheese (HexA)

Dinner
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn burger (0.5 syn)
Gherkins (free)
SW chips (free)
28g cheese (6 syns)

Snacks

Total: 10.5 syns

I feel drained, tired and emotional today. Was out with a few people last night, including my best friend. Seeing her out last night, and with everything that's gone on the past few days, she just doesn't seem like the same person. Or maybe she is and I'm just not seeing her the same way, I don't know. Either way, it hurts and I miss her so much. I just feel like curling up in a ball and crying, but I know it won't help.

I don't think it's that, the boy was around before any of this happened, and she's said to me before that she can talk to me about it all because he's my cousin and she knows I'm not going to judge him on any of it. I don't know.

Anyway, here's today's food plan:

Breakfast
28g readybrek (HexB)
250ml semi-skimmed milk (HexA)
1 tbsp reduced sugar jam (1.5 syns)

Lunch
Carrot & coriander soup (free)
Toffee mullerlight (free)

Dinner
Lentil & mushroom loaf (HexB)
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Baked beans (free)

Snacks
Apple (free)
Caramel snack-a-jacks (5 syns)

Total: 10 syns

I having the day off today. I'm a poorly girl :( nothing really bad, just a sore throat, cough and tight chest. Normally I wouldn't even consider having time off with something so silly, but yesterday people kept telling me I looked pale and ill and why didn't I come home, so I did! Got up and had a shower this morning and still feel pants so staying home. This close to Christmas I want to give my body the best chance I can to get better, so not too fussed about the diet either and am just giving my body what it wants. Sticking pretty much to plan, but not 100%.

I lost half a pound this week, which I'm happy with as have not stuck to plan the last few days while I've been poorly and have just been eating what I fancy.

Thank you both :)

I thought I was feeling better, but it's now come back with avengence! Full blown cold, bunged up, headache, sore throat and still got a cough. Just got in bed with tablets, lemsip with honey in and my pillows are covered with olbas oil. I am determined to shift this by the weekend!

I've still been feeling rubbish the past couple of days, and the food plan has gone completely out of the window. Yesterday my food consisted of a cheese and onion pasty for breakfast, a greggs pizza and caramel donut for lunch, and some peanut butter m'n'ms in the afternoon. I didn't have any dinner, I felt crappy after eating that much junk. I've been drinking lucozade too, which used to be like a major addiction for me, and I haven't really had it since I started SW. I need it though because I'm poorly. Today I've had toast and marmite for breakfast with nice fresh oatmeal bread from Oliver Adam's, it was so yummy. I'm not going to worry too much this week though, I need to shift this bloody cold, and it's Christmas after all! As soon as Christmas is out of the way I'll be back on track 100%, I want to get my target in February!

I've just made a batch of Winnie the Pooh Honey Cookies for my Mum's boyfriend, so my flat smells fab! The bit of dough I licked out of the bowl tasted pretty good too :p

I'm actually not feeling too bad now, but my voice has gone so I sound awful! The boy came over on Tuesday and last night, he found it quite funny. On Tuesday I sounded normal but felt terrible, now I look worse, sound ridiculous and actually don't feel too bad!

We did Christmas presents on Tuesday, and he got me a lovely oil burner with some essential oil to go with it :D

Back