Sarah's SW Diary

Hehe I know, he's lovely :p I'm really looking forward to it, he's been talking about cooking for me for ages but he's only just had his cooker fitted, bless him. He enjoys cooking and I think he's quite good at it :D xxx

Hi there been reading your threads can you give me the recipe of the mushroom and lentil loaf please? I am veggie too but do eat fish. Also how much weight have you lost since you started? You are doing great! I just started 2 weeks in and 3lb down? 5lb altogether as o started doing it before I got my books!

Hi there been reading your threads can you give me the recipe of the mushroom and lentil loaf please? I am veggie too but do eat fish. Also how much weight have you lost since you started? You are doing great! I just started 2 weeks in and 3lb down? 5lb altogether as o started doing it before I got my books!

Hi, welcome to my diary :) I started on August 10th, and have lost 2st 5lb since then, with another 1st 2lb to go. To start with I was losing pretty quickly, but I had a bit of a blip around Christmas and it's slowed down now. Stick with it hun, it really works :D Good luck!

The recipe for the lentil and mushroom loaf is as follows:

Ingredients:
125g dried green lentils
250g mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 egg, beaten
120g grated mature cheese (keep 30g aside for topping)
1 tsp marmite
1tsp dried mushroom powder
Pinch mixed herbs
Salt & pepper

Method:
Boil the lentils for approx 20mins and drain. Meanwhile, fry the onion, mushrooms and garlic in frylight until cooked. Mix everything in a bowl (saving 30g of cheese for topping). Spray the inside of a loaf tin with frylight & pour in the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top and bake in the oven for 30 mins at 200 degrees C.

It works out as 1 Healthy extra A (or B) per quarter of the loaf, and it can be frozen. I normally divide it into portions and freeze them individually.

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Cheese, onion and sausage toastie (HexA, HexB + 2 syns)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)

Lunch
Leek & mushroom pie (3.5 syns)

Dinner
Lentil & mushroom loaf (HexA)
Jacket potato (free)
Baked beans (free)

Snacks
Fruit (free)
Mugshot (free)
Wholemeal bread (HexB)

Total: 7 syns

Last edited:
Food plan for today:

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix (HexB)
Strawberries (free)
Grapes (free)
Vanilla Mullerlight (free)

Lunch
Couscous (free)
Red pepper (free)
Green pepper (free)
Onion (free)
Mushroom (free)
Sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns)

Dinner
Quorn burger (0.5 syn)
Wholemeal bread (HexB)
30g cheese (HexA)
BNS chips (free)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)

Snacks
Velvet crunch (4 syns)

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Sausage, beans and cheese toastie (HexA, HexB + 2 syns)

Lunch
Cous cous (free)
Red pepper (free)
Green pepper (free)
Onion (free)
Mushroom (free)

Dinner
Veg stirfry (free)
Beansprouts (free)
Rice noodles (free)
Soy sauce (free)

Snacks
Fruit (free)
Options hot choc (3 syns)

It's ok then if you've been naughty

Do you need me to give you a good kicking if you're naughty this week :D

Yes please :eek: I did have a piece of cheesecake at the boy's last night, it was leftover from Sunday and needed eating so we shared it. I am going to be absolutely 100% now until Tuesday, when I shall be 100% until dessert! I'm cooking for Valentines Day. I've got the menu planned, and all of it is SW friendly apart from dessert (which is toffee-apple cheesecake! :eek:) so I shall only have a little bit of that and hope for the best. My flatmate is under strict instructions to finish whatever is left of the cheesecake after Tuesday night, so I can't eat any more of it.

If I have anything naughty apart from then please feel free to give me a good kicking! xx

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Mustard mash (5 syns)
Gravy (3 syns)

Lunch
Wholemeal bread (HexB)
Prawns (HexB)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)

Dinner
Stirfry (free)
Beansprouts (free)
Rice noodles (free)
Soy sauce (free)

Snacks
Jacket potato (free)
Veg chilli (1 syn)
30g cheese (HexA)
Fruit (free)

Total: 10 syns

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Spaghetti & cheese toastie (2xHexB + HexA)
Grapes (free)

Lunch/Dinner
Am having a roast dinner at the boy's again. And meeting his whole family :eek::eek::eek:

I'm saving all my syns for this, as although it will be a lot of veg, he doesn't cook it in a way that's necessarily SW friendly, and there will be syns in the veggie sausages he has for me, and the gravy so counting this as all my syns. It will also be the only other meal of the day, as it will be a big one mid-afternoon!

Total: 15 syns for the roast dinner.

I'm a bit nervous about meeting his family. His mum will be there, and his brother, and his heavily pregnant sister in law. :eek::eek::eek: Last time I only met his mum, in the pub for a short time, and she was drunk. This time there will be his whole family, for a sit-down dinner, and they will all be sober. Help!

JackieN said:
:bliss: :bliss: how did the visit go :eek: Did you behave :8855: I mean were they nice to you :D

OOOOOOOO serious stuff this Tilly, we may need to go hat shopping soon :D:D:D:D:D

It went really well. Ib was on my best behaviour :8855: They were all really nice, and the dinner was lovely. I'm a happy girly :D

Woohoo! I lost 3.5lb this week! Will update tickers etc when I get home. Only half a pound to my next sticker and only 1 stone half a pound to target! :D

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Apple (free)
2 x Weetabix (HexB)
Strawberry Mullerlight (free)

Lunch
Tomato & basil couscous (free)
Salad (free)

Dinner
Mushroom stirfry (free)
Beansprouts (free)